who in the sam hell

found

• Forum MVP

Rude,

I like you and all and I actually didn't take that as you calling me a pussy. I don't think you could say anything that offends me. I only give a few people that power.

On the note of driving, I have a fairly impressive resume. Ask around if you have too.

On one all night drive a few years ago. I posted on Facebook (no longer on there) that I was getting too old for this shit. A good friend of mine and also a follower of the band, one of a few people who I would say has a more impressive driving resume, responded with no, you're just getting too old to like it. I think that was spot on. I used to thirst for hours on the open highway and part of me certainly still does but I no longer relish driving until you can't, sleeping a few hours in the cold car, and driving until you can't again. However, I definitely prove I'm still capable of this a few times a year.

I see you at the jubilee. This ride won't effect my energy. Come say hello

• Forum MVP

Rude,

I like you and all and I actually didn't take that as you calling me a pussy. I don't think you could say anything that offends me. I only give a few people that power.

On the note of driving, I have a fairly impressive resume. Ask around if you have too.

On one all night drive a few years ago. I posted on Facebook (no longer on there) that I was getting too old for this shit. A good friend of mine and also a follower of the band, one of a few people who I would say has a more impressive driving resume, responded with no, you're just getting too old to like it. I think that was spot on. I used to thirst for hours on the open highway and part of me certainly still does but I no longer relish driving until you can't, sleeping a few hours in the cold car, and driving until you can't again. However, I definitely prove I'm still capable of this a few times a year.

I see you at the jubilee. This ride won't effect my energy. Come say hello

You are definitely a road a warrior and I'm completely envious of your tour accomplishments. I wish I'd discovered this band 5 years b4 I did when I Woukd have been financially able to do 40 shows a year. Now I'm lucky to see dozen or shows a year I get. I'm sure I'd relish the shot to follow DSO in a car on a full west coast tour even now. I think the adventure of it all would overcome all of the miles. But knowing you are going east from Colorado, that is a horrible drive through Kansas which I've made many times and have a fond memory of staying in the Q motel in Quinter, Kansas lol. I'm guessing there aren't many drives worse than through east Colorado and Kansas.

• Forum MVP

I've done my time on the road. Perhaps a bit less than mason but way more than most. Stephanie and I drove 30+ hours straight from Reno to Ohio for the first jubilee. I've driven across the country in two 24 hour chunks- portland to Fargo and then Fargo to Philly. Many more examples of insanity that I won't list. I'm totally over it now. My body has made it clear that it does not appreciate it one bit. Now I've set my limit at about 6 hours. I hardly travel for shows these days, my life is shifting and I just can't swing it anymore. I still dance about once a week and hope to catch about 15 DSO shows a year. At my peak of traveling I did 60 DSO shows in one year. What I have found is that my overall happiness suffers when I go for the bliss too much. I've had so seriously joyous and profound experiences at shows only to find myself days out a week later totally depleted and depressed. I love seeing this band but am moving in a direction of balance.

What I'm saying might not land well with some. This is just my experience. I don't regret my times of heavy touring, in fact I look back fondly

Doesn't like I'll hit 300 this year....

Enough about me. Hope everyone has a blast at jubilee this year. I know you will. I will definitely miss dancing on the rugs. I encourage forum folks to band together and dance- power in numbers.

• Forum MVP

Mango,

I'm not sure anyone would be upset with you. What goes up...You get tired of travelling.

It may also come cylical.

I think Chuck may be in a similar settle down period, although he's in for the jubilee.

Your presence will be missed.

• Forum MVP

I actually really don't mind kansas. Never any traffic. Cruise control at 1 over the speed limit. Only issue in that place is profiling. I have colorado tags. I expect to be pulled over. Otherwise, smooth sailing although it's not scenic at all. I've had my fair share of middle America experiences. They helped show me that the land of the free and the Bill of Rights are just a myth. Also spent a night in Oakley, KS because they closed highway do to snow.

The highway is for gamblers.

• Forum MVP

I've done my time on the road. Perhaps a bit less than mason but way more than most. Stephanie and I drove 30+ hours straight from Reno to Ohio for the first jubilee. I've driven across the country in two 24 hour chunks- portland to Fargo and then Fargo to Philly. Many more examples of insanity that I won't list. I'm totally over it now. My body has made it clear that it does not appreciate it one bit. Now I've set my limit at about 6 hours. I hardly travel for shows these days, my life is shifting and I just can't swing it anymore. I still dance about once a week and hope to catch about 15 DSO shows a year. At my peak of traveling I did 60 DSO shows in one year. What I have found is that my overall happiness suffers when I go for the bliss too much. I've had so seriously joyous and profound experiences at shows only to find myself days out a week later totally depleted and depressed. I love seeing this band but am moving in a direction of balance.

What I'm saying might not land well with some. This is just my experience. I don't regret my times of heavy touring, in fact I look back fondly

Doesn't like I'll hit 300 this year....

Enough about me. Hope everyone has a blast at jubilee this year. I know you will. I will definitely miss dancing on the rugs. I encourage forum folks to band together and dance- power in numbers.

Amen follow travelers...the trip is not only strange but long as well (a good thing given proper perspective). I can't hang like I used to either but also attempt about 15 or so myself a year.

Long also describes how much time you are not there.

• Forum MVP

You all make me think of this blog

Jackie's Monthly Column - May 2015

From a friend and spiritual intuitive

Staying Young

My oldest granddaughter is a high school senior this year. If you will think back to those years, you will remember that this was the time in your life, when you had (hopefully) matured enough to recognize immaturity. You were more than likely chomping at the bit to move to bigger arenas of experience. Your mind wanted to soar into new horizons, and your emotions wanted release from old attachments. It was both a time of closure and new beginnings.

As you stepped into the new arenas, you soon began to view things differently. This meant giving up some perceptions of yourself held in the last stage of your life. You soon found that the partnership of expectancy and release were tied closely together. For instance, when you entered college your high school persona underwent a transformation as you began to make more of your own choices. You were discovering what outer choices fit with the inner you. This phase of unveiling the real you got to last at least through college. But once you entered the “adult” world, responsibilities began to crowd out the partnership of expectancy and release. First it was job, then family that began to feel like permanent outside fixtures that seemed to make your choices for you. The inner/outer discovery that had built during college seemed to disappear. And unfortunately, releasing any of these demands seemed out of the question.

If you have allowed life to deprive you of inner discovery and outward expectations, and you are stuck in the trap of unending repetition, there is still hope. It is possible to reclaim expectancy in life when you continue to make inner choices that match who you want to be in the outer world. This can be done without tearing down the structures of your life. To do this, you simply need to become aware of how to infuse the qualities of your spirit energies into stale relationships and wearying duties. And once new energy is infused, you can release the old, wearying perceptions of responsibility. Once the flow is directed from you into your life rather than the other way around, you will find that relationships and duties become a source of energy food rather than a responsibility drain. Accompanying this new influx of energy will come a new set of goals to keep the expressions of your heart flowing. And since the old insecurities and beliefs will no longer fit your youthful but mature way of engaging with life, expectancy will be easily balanced with release.

While this idyllic way of living should be a constant, complacency and routine tends to eat away at your foundation like termites. When this happens, it is sign that you need to refurbish your inner landscape. You will need to release the comfort of knowing B will happen if you bring A. You will need to stop giving to dead zones where there is no return, and you will need to once again bring new heart energies into the constants of your life.

Let me share with you about a friend of mine who stayed young until she died in her 80’s. She was an artist by training and that may have helped her constantly see life in new ways. But she also had developed keen insight into the aliveness of those around her. If they were dead weight, she ignored or dropped them. If they had something to offer, she engaged. I have kept a piece of her furniture in my bedroom to remind me daily to stay young until I decide to leave my physical body in death. It is the continual energy infusion into all areas of your life that ensures your ability to stay young in body, mind, spirit, and emotions, no matter how many years you stay alive.

• Forum MVP

http://www.jackiewoods.org/message/index.asp?a=329

Glad it speaks to you all !!

I get it in an email so I felt it is appropriate to share. Jackie has so much wisdom and her son moderates online classes. Really good stuff. What you understand is a function of how open you are not only spiritually, but emotionally, mentally and anchoring into the physical real heart energy. I have taken classes but there is never note taking. It is a process of receiving. Like when a Hunter or Dylan tune you have heard again and again all the sudden lays plainly out the Truth of your life, the moment, and circumstance. Even though you have sung the song a thousand times.

Peace

• Forum MVP

I realize how unenlightened I have become reading all of the meaningful posts on this board. Maybe me realizing this means I'm actually semi-enlightened. Likely not though.

• Forum MVP

I realize how unenlightened I have become reading all of the meaningful posts on this board. Maybe me realizing this means I'm actually semi-enlightened. Likely not though.

I prefer quasi self-actualized

• Forum MVP

You guys hosting yoga and meditation at the jubilee?

Tea and I plan to have a back row seat during yoga but I'll prob skip the meditation unless it involves some of the finer yoga poses. Maybe I shouldn't involve others in my Pervy thoughts. Hey chuck u wanna join :)

Archived