NW Fall Run

Island Bro

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

Rusty killed a baby bunny and he is super playful and friendly. It's instinctual I wasn't upset with him. It's my fault for not paying attention. He also destroyed the nest so the 2 he didn't kill probably died at the hands of coyotes.

• Forum MVP

after meetings in the war room with President Merkin Muffley, General Buck Turgidson, and Dr. Stranglove it has been decided ....

We are pulling out of Grass Valley and Sonoma and have turned the B-52 toward Las Vegas and Phoenix.... bypassing Beverly Hills ...

• Forum MVP

Rick , I would love to come out to CO and hang with you guys , but it just not in the cards for me this year buddy ... Next year will be different as goals are met and priorities can be changed ;)

• Forum MVP

Man,,,the band's bus driver and gear rig driver are earning their keep on this west tour...that schedule is almost whimsical in terms of attempting to draw a straight line...lotta extra miles with the back and forthage during different sections of this one,,,

Planning on Eugene and have been examining the chess board as to how to snag a few more but have been in a stalemate temporarily....

• Forum MVP

Eugene is followed by Grass Valley and Rohnert Park.  I would expect you to just head south after Eugene.  Although I just google maps that, t is quite a drive.  They saying close to 7 and a half hours.  I will be at both shows.  It will take some effort.  I will probably drive out of Eugene after the show.  

Not to bring down the thread but experienced a bad accident driving back from Eugene to the Bay Area after the 93 shows. Driver fell asleep just an hour out of Bay Area. Lost four friends that early morning.

I'm obviously sensitive about driving post show. Sleep is the best plan post show. Spread the word.

• Forum MVP

Yes...and as I age I am less likely to the bleary eyed drives to that extent. I'm not gonna drive south after Eugene because Eugene is already 7 hrs south from home for me and I ain't gonna set myself up for such a long schlep home after hitting the music and dance hard for several days. So I'm thinking back home after Eugene and then back out on a plane the following weekend for 3 in the Bay Area if I can swing it...

• Forum MVP

I'm sorry you had to experience that. I won't be drinking at the show and will have preselected destination no more than 3 hours down the line. I think our situations are a bit different. No intention of going all the way to grass valley. Every intention of sleeping 6 to 8 hours before completing drive to grass valley. I appreciate the advice but will still do 2 to 3 hours after the show. Sorry you had to experience that.

• Forum MVP

Huck, looks like you got a plan. you could always ride south with someone else and fly back from sfo to an airport where you left your car. Eugene Portland or seattle. whatever is closest for you I guess but that would take more coordination and team work. I like to rely on myself. I'd shoot for your plan if I were you although you sound doubtful on executing the bay area excursion. I see you in eugene. Thanks for hotel suggestion but I really will be getting a bit of road time in after the show. It will be great to see you as always.

• Forum MVP

Huck, looks like you got a plan. you could always ride south with someone else and fly back from sfo to an airport where you left your car. Eugene Portland or seattle. whatever is closest for you I guess but that would take more coordination and team work. I like to rely on myself. I'd shoot for your plan if I were you although you sound doubtful on executing the bay area excursion. I see you in eugene. Thanks for hotel suggestion but I really will be getting a bit of road time in after the show. It will be great to see you as always.

Right on Rick,,,thanks for the feedback. I would shoot for your plan if I were you, too!

Grants Pass (cheap hotels there), Medford, or Ashland would all be reasonable goals for landing after Eugene show...

• 1 month later...
  • Forum MVP

Flights atlanta to denver can be reasonable. I'll drive you to Vegas but I must warn you it could be Casey or it could be Neal but either way we will be on are way to neverland keeping an eye for the trouble behind with our hearts intent on trouble ahead.

Archived