Lovelight>
Caution Jam>
Lovelight

filler Easy Wind> Viola

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

I am still in a state of shock. I have never witnessed such amazing sounds as I did last night. The compositions were delivered with such mastery and proffesionalism, that I wonder if GD sounded that good in 69.

They took my ears feet and soul to a new level last night. I have seen some memorable GD shows...but I really don't remeber dancing as hard, as long and with so many hills and valleys as I did last night.

I have chills now just writing about it. Compared to the 69 2nd jubilee. ..this show blew it out of the park.

The new sound system allowed me to move away from rugs and inner dance area to the out skirts during Stephen and lovelight. The sound was still crisp loud and life changing!!!!!

if this is what 69 shows sound like....I beg of DSO to play more.

The sound they produced last night makes it clear why people dropped out of life and started this traveling family of music followers. To think GD did this on a small scale for many and many nights back in the day. Just another gig...but we all know those gigs were something much more special. ..and 50 years later we all still revel in and appreciate the music just SD much if not more.

Really...last night was the pinnacle of anything I have witnessed to date.

Beat of all!!!! I got to spend space and time with so many people that I have been lucky enough to meet and grow into life long friendships. I am no longer feel like a stranger, and am greatful for the forums!!

You guys and gals really have changed lives!

I love you DSO community!!!! You make the music shine brighter.

DSO.....YOU PLAY THE RARE AND DIFFERENT TUNE with amazing feeling and skill......I won't know what to do if ever played better than last night.

I feel all the molecules in my spinning body would all simultaneously explode if you were able to spin me any faster.

You all did a absolutely amazing job last night. I hope you are as proud of your work as much as we just marvel over how good you all are!!!!

These post jerry kids know what GD sounds like live!!!!

• Forum MVP

No it was not. Rob Eaton was kidding. He did eventually mumble the correct location. For a second I thought he actually didn't know where the show they were playing was from but after doing his michigan bit he mumbles Boston. Trust me. The ark is in Boston Massachusetts. They play new years 69 there. The April run is in incredible. This night here was definitely a life changer for someone. The guy announcing the show the next night on 4/23 says something like "before last night I've never seen these guys live but now I can say that they are definitely the best rock a rock band in the whole world man." The He was a friend of mine 4/23 openers moves me in a very special way. Song helped me feel the pain I wouldnt allow myself to feel as I lost two friends that were apart of my introduction to the scene. One to Heroin and one supposedly of unexpected but natural causes at the young age of 27. Both of these kids are in a picture with me taken prior to our trip to Bonnaroo 2004. We were very good friends in high school. I do not believe they became deadheads or anything but I had some very real pain I was masking knowing I had lost 2 of my high school classmates at such a young age, especially since I party pretty hard. It certainly makes you think of your own mortality.

I love all of you guys. This weekend makes moments of pain like that even the moments of pain about my father or empathic pain of knowing a friend lost his mother that flushed during death don't only fleeting and allow the tears to rain down my face while smiling. Smile cries.

We love you Bix. Stay strong brother.

• Forum MVP

Location location location

What is your destination.?

Glad you corrected the mumbling. Your lips move but I can't hear what you are saying. What an incredible show.

I wondered on the the eve of my mother's 24rd birthday (4/23/69) as my folks contemplated moving to San Fran for chem E job how things would be different for my family when I heard the place after such a joyfilled show for me and my Love.

Pain of loss can be momentous and then there are the rest of brothers and sisters to help you find your way and understand the edge of consciousness and what a beautiful miracle we live.

Peace and love to all

• Forum MVP

Unreal ... this BAND is not getting hot ... they are already ahead of schedule. .. glad to enjoy with friends. ..many side notes I will add .. here is the 1st. . ..the crowd was a very very hippie scene. .. 40 + year olds were in the house !! ... thanks DSO for understanding that we still travel and show support !

• Forum MVP

Unreal ... this BAND is not getting hot ... they are already ahead of schedule. .. glad to enjoy with friends. ..many side notes I will add .. here is the 1st. . ..the crowd was a very very hippie scene. .. 40 + year olds were in the house !! ... thanks DSO for understanding that we still travel and show support !

Agreed.....I would estimate that the average age at the Jubilee was 45.

Very nice ;)

• Forum MVP

Just freaking amazing. I looked over at a buddy during dark star and both of us had ear to ear grins with our mouths wide open. It was like that memorex or maxell commercial. I've never danced as hard as I did set 2 and I told mike b4 the show that there is no way a 69 can be as dancy as a mid to late 70s. I stand corrected. Tea had the perfect description for that dark star. It was twisted. Just dark evil and twisted and I've never seen one that great. Just a phenomenal show. And if we weren't exhausted enoigh they filled with easy wind and viola. They emptied our tanks but filled our souls with that show!!!

• Forum MVP

76 through 81 and yes I know they switch keyboard players is real nice dacne music. I would even say it may be more "dancy" then an early show but when it comes to the freak out spinning, I find the early dead material to have no rival. I'm not here to two step. I'm here to lose my mind and get down.

• Forum MVP

Ohio State, huh. The Poison nuts. My great uncle Jasper gave me a buckeye for luck. Had a huge "eye" on it .... Suppose to be luckier. I feel lucky.

:D

I never saw a buckeye tree while there. Did enjoy the blooming cottonwood trees, though. Beautiful weather

After a stellar first show I was excited  for an early show. Nice opener

Sitting O T O T W. Morning Dew put me in a space that always has me question our destiny as humans.

Cryptical-drumz-other one-cryptical-Death. Words won’t do this justice. This brought me through scenes from my past, visions of my future, and lives that never existed, Or did they? The emotion in music and lyric gave me very primal feelings maybe similar to my distant ancestors from over 10,000 years ago. In the words of a wise man If you don’t think this was “the highlight of the show for you I got serious questions about whether you get it”.  Somehow this arrangement, style, talent, and mysticism put the fragmented pieces of my world together.

Between sets, laying down with hands playfully digging blind faith, a very bright shooting star shot up right above me....  PERFECTLY FITTING!

Very eerie Mountains was perfect for segue into DS and as usual for me DS fizzed somewhere and at just the right moment- rest period before a mind blowing ST Stephen – eleven –caution-lovelight. I have not danced that ecstatically in a while, grins laughter sweat joyful energy….. jammed knee during eleven did not stop me from flailing inhibition to the end!

This show will go down as dso legend in my books. DSO brought all they got to the Jubilee and the sound wizards captured the night perfectly!

Rugfest forever.....

I thank my friends (family) for making this show happen for me, looked like I was going to miss my first jubilee but lovelight shined the path for me. Thank You!!!!

• Forum MVP

By the way brian, I agree with you and my highlight usually doesn't happen first set but that sequence cryptical other one cryptical death don't was the highligh. The dark star great but not on that level.

Archived