Message from Rob Eaton regarding downloads

robeatondso

• Forum MVP

Rob sent this note to us tonight regarding his work on DSO downloads. This is sad news to us.

From Rob Eaton

Due to the nature of living on the road in close quarters. It's come to my attention that the time I'm spending working on mastering DSO shows on the bus is causing some on the bus a huge hardship. Since it's not my intention to be the burden to others more then I already am I am resigning from my job of mastering and archiving DSO shows. I don't know if someone will pick up the slack but I can no longer be the brunt of another's displeasure with process of making it all happen....

Peace to all the DSO fans who appreciated what I was trying to do.

Take Care

Rob

Sent from my iPhone

• Forum MVP

I'm sorry to hear that. I can definitely understand that you tirelessly working over the audio at night can disturb others. Maybe you could master the recordings at home after tour? I know many still want them but also understand you were meeting the demands of fans that wanted the shows avail right a way. Either way I hope your sounds continue to make it to CD. Thank you for all you've done and all you will do.

• Forum MVP

I know I've downloaded around 30 shows myself in the last few years. These have been some of the best sounding boards I've ever heard from any band.

I hope that you will continue to upload major events like jubilee and other stellar shows as it's so great to relive the experience, but I can see that daily uploads is very time consuming.

It's a shame but I understand. I'm amazed you've been able to keep it up this long, given the energy that goes into playing the shows and the energy that must go into mastering them. Maintaining healthy relationships in the band is very important and tour buses are very small places for a large number of people. I'm always happy to buy a show if I enjoyed it and I will do so again if any more make it up, but for now all I can say is thank you Mr. Eaton for all you've done for us.

• Forum MVP

Rob, anything we get after the 4hrs on stage is a cherry on top of the best musical experience one can buy. The average live musical experience today cost at least twice as much and lasts half as long. If not archiving the shows creates peace and harmony among the band, then I think that's what the fans would want more than anything. Very cool of you to give up something we know you love to make others happy. Thanks for everything.

• Forum MVP

May peace and a new balance be found that supports everyone.

We all feel blessed by everyone's talents and open hearts. Thank you for all everyone does. We are here to express our talents and light. We are all listening for the secret, searching for the sound. May all feel supported in bringing your best.

Warm wishes----

Sad news to my ears.

I have been loving the downloads.

Hopefully the resignation was a moment of emotion and some alternatives can be explored. 

I can easily see having the show available within a day or two could easily create some hassle, lower the bar a bit and just work on getting em out as you can- even if it take a few weeks.  Or at the least try and release the gold mine shows (which for DSO is just about every darn one :D :D )

Thanks so much for all you and the DSO team does!!!

That's a real bummer to hear, but I totally respect the decision and understand that keeping the band happy & healthy is priority number one. I really do love the downloads, and hopefully the shows still somehow make it out to the public whether it's after tour or someone else doing the work.

If the band's willing to hire I know some graduates from the Sound Recording Tech program at UMass who would likely be interested in the task

Well this announcement makes me very sad. Especially just learning of the news after a particularly wonderful Friday night at Hampton Beach. All the way home I was looking forward to listening to the show again many times over.

I see more recent shows through Boston have been released. One more in the tank possible? Thank you in advance! And in the future, per a comment above, maybe select releases of the epic shows (although this could still be a lot!)?

• Forum MVP

So far this hasn't taken effect and I've noticed that DSO shows are pretty much always in the most recently downloads and the cap theater one was top 10 most downloaded!!!! Hopefully sales will keep picking up to where financially they keep releasing every show.

Archived