New Bedford, 6/3

TJed

DSO re-created:

04/04/87 (Sat)  The Centrum - Worcester, MA 

Set 1: Touch of Grey > Greatest Story Ever Told, Althea, El Paso, Tennessee Jed, Cassidy, Good Time Blues, Box Of Rain, Promised Land

Set 2: Iko Iko, Playing In The Band > Comes A Time > Hand Jive > Drums > Space > Truckin' > Playing In The Band > Morning Dew, E: One More Saturday Night

Filler???

Fun show. Liz was looking thru old stubs to see if she was at original, and found stub from 4/4/85 Worcester Centrum, as well as 4/4/87.

Looking forward to no driving after tonite. Also glad swollen knee cleared up. Was getting concerned!! Have fun all and stay safe out there!

DSO ROCKS!

• Forum MVP

Fun show. Liz was looking thru old stubs to see if she was at original, and found stub from 4/4/85 Worcester Centrum, as well as 4/4/87.

Tickets to these shows were brutally tough.  I literally could get them to save myself.  Mail order denied, and waited over night outside a supposed "insiders" ticket master outlet 30 minutes from town only to find out in the morning that they now opened at 11 instead of 10.  Doh!

Gotta love Comes A Time and Dew in one package.

• Forum MVP

DSO re-created:

04/04/87 (Sat)  The Centrum - Worcester, MA 

Set 1: Touch of Grey > Greatest Story Ever Told, Althea, El Paso, Tennessee Jed, Cassidy, Good Time Blues, Box Of Rain, Promised Land

Set 2: Iko Iko, Playing In The Band > Comes A Time > Hand Jive > Drums > Space > Truckin' > Playing In The Band > Morning Dew, E: One More Saturday Night

Filler???

Big 'Bobby' show with the Hand Jive, Truckin , and PITB reprise only interrupted by D/S.  Only 3 Jerry tunes in set 1 to boot.

Come a Time and a fat Dew help even the odds a bit :)

This was the first show for my 2 teenaged daughters.  I, of course, had a great time; but I was super stoked to see that my wife and BOTH daughters had a real good time.  I agree that the show was definitely a "Bobby Night", but the Dew ender more than evened the score.  The only disappointment I had was to see that only about 2/3 of the seats were filled.  I hope DSO returns again as this was a great place for show - I was waiting for plaster to fall during some of the bombs that were dropped. 

I hope everyone else had fun and made it home safely!

• Forum MVP

I have tough calling any show with two big ballads like that a big "Bobby" show. Song count favors Bobby. Who gets Iko Iko?

True. Jerry's Ballads tip the scales wildly.

Iko is jerry without qualification

A recreation always does my heart good, especially feeling a little under the weather. Per Philfan13, was thinking the same thing. Probably $15k worth of plaster damage from Morning Dew alone. Wow, that was amazing. Truckin' too. Maybe Skip should take out an insurance policy to make sure DSO gets invited back. Many nice highlights. Haven't heard Cassidy in a long time, just beautifully played. Thank you DSO!!

Archived