East Coast Tour Complete

robeatondso

• Forum MVP

All Shows with the exception of Wilmington DE (Rob says the computer crashed over a dozen times) are now avail for download on our Nugs.net site. This will be our last almost instant live release from DSO. Feel free to explore some of the older shows that will remain on our Nugs.net site.

Thanks

DsoNugs

• Forum MVP

not sure how this process works ... can you walk me through the basic steps ...

my big question ... can we get the shows on CDs so I can play in my car and my stereo at home ?

You can Matt. It's a little more. You can also just download the mp3 and make your own CDs as rob formats them Into different CDs.

• Forum MVP

rude - what you just said .... makes no sense to me .... I am old school technology .. I no longer have access to a CD burner... will they send me CDs if I pay extra ?

I just want some new shows on CD to add to my collection .... HELP ME PLEASE !!!... .. hehe

• Forum MVP

Your laptop or pc can burn CDs. 

not necessarily. my laptop (mac book air) has no cd drive

I have an accessory CD for my Mac Air to upload CDs. I will investigate burning them the other way.

So Matt, you just export the files to the CD drive onto a blank CD. Also a flash drive could work for transporting MP3 files to your car if your car has a USB port. "Same, same but different" as they say in Korea. Just export files to a USB if that is an option. It is a nice option as it is compact and can hold more music.

Honest question: with storage ridiculously cheap and internet bandwidth lightning fast, why do people still mess with MP3s?

We need to because we don"t have good or reliable internet service.  We use a hotspot with limited GB so most shows are downloaded at my parents, work, library, etc then we keep them in a USB to plug into car and home stereo

• Forum MVP

I usually get flacs but I've done tests and with high quality mp3 it's almost impossible to tell a difference. I had friends try to decipher which was highest quality and no one could tell which was better.

• Forum MVP

I agree that MP3 at 300k plus will sound plenty good for most all purposes.  In a car for example or even on a respectable system.  Of course, the more resolution available in playback the more subtle differences will present themselves. 

• Forum MVP

Honest question: with storage ridiculously cheap and internet bandwidth lightning fast, why do people still mess with MP3s?

I like having a physical shelf of music to look at and deceide what to play. I down load now and print out art work to put on the covers of the case, and song lists usually go inside.  In the old days of albums the covers and inside pages and even the dusk covers of the disks had lots of photos or art work and paragraphs of information about the bands or music scene. Song lyrics were common and credits for the recording engineers and studios were usually listed. There were photos of the band members so you could put a face to the name and music. Before the internet we had these means of learning of our musical friends. The CDs and cases are a throwback and reminder of olden times when life was slower.

Peace and Love,

Doc

Archived