"Bethlehem"bare tonight !

PoetryGirl

• Forum MVP

So that's who's the two bright spots in the western sky I've been watching the past couple weeks. Thank you, Poet,  for the link to the information,.  But what's that Dark Star sitting just behind them tonight ?

Actually it's cloudy here right now...and probably too late in the evening.  I'll try to catch the show tomorrow.

Peace, Love, and a Nightfall of Diamonds for All,

Doc

• Forum MVP

Hey Doc !

I like the mobile app skymap. You hold your phone into the air against the sky and what is present is detailed in a map on your phone. It makes it easy to explore the cosmos.

Peace love and starry night

PG

• Forum MVP

I started to download a sky map app for this tablet this evening but got distracted in looking at motels in Black Mountain area with Bess. That sounds like fun to have the tablet or phone pointed into the sky and it show you what's what on the screen. Sure beats the circular cardboard device I had as a kid.

What really would be interesting is to be long ago before we had these devices and the sky was darker so we could see the stars and milky way and to sail the ship across the sea just based on the stars. To follow the wind and currents to cross the sea from Carthage to Rome...someone playing a small stringed harp and singing to the dolphins as they play in the bow wake.

Peace , Love, Bright Stars, Venus and Jupiter so close , almost touching each other.

Doc

• Forum MVP

The night sky in Yosemite is like that, Doc. So many stars ...... Endless pinpricks of twinkling light. Up near Glacier Point in primitive camping. You can camp first come, first serve from late May maybe to October.... 3rd week in July it got down to 42 degrees from the 70s. There are guided night sky tours.

See you in Blk Mtn to dance beneath the stars.

Archived