Wookies and Mulies at Fare Thee Well

Dr. Barry

• Advisory Board

Most of us know what a Wookie is. That species of traveling road beast, always a male, resembling Chewbacca oft spotted at a dead show back in the day. Scent following them...

Mulies are the female version of the Wookie. A name coined by my good friend Bruce back in the day.

Not many spotings of these creatures at GD 50. For me that was a good thing. Just my opinion... Many more young fans although I would say ages ranged from 20-70 with many 40-60 year olds.

We were dancing in the first set with a young hippette from Cali who was 7 when Jerry passed. She was as authentic as any deadhead for sure.

Second set found us in the pit which a palmed $100 got myself and Sweet Annamarie in. Surprisingly we had more room in the pit than in General Admission. We were about 8 rows back facing stage on the right. Nice. During Terrapin this young couple was moving up through the crowd and stopped next to us as it was tight in front of us. It more or less prohibited the dancing space a lot. They were no more than 20 years old for sure. The girl was in front of the guy, facing him and they were talking, talking, talking. After 5 minutes I couldn't take it and I tapped him on the shoulder and told him to move over. He moved an inch and they kept talking with the girls back to the stage. I pointed at the stage and made the "shhh" symbol with my hand. The guy say's "we're just trying to see better, my girl is only 4'11". I told him that lots of shorties were all around us and this was the time to be quiet and face the stage. They quickly moved up...

I felt bad for 2 or 3 seconds, then felt glad about it, except that they probably became someone else's burden towards the front.

Dr. B

Archived