What a long strange trip it might not have been.

yetivanmarshall

As the 20th year approaches strange thoughts go round my head. If Jerry had suffered the injury to his left middle finger, I ponder the following in no particular order:
1- Jerry does not become GD guitarist?
2- He switches to opposing side. Does he become as proficient at guitar.
3- Does he just become a songwriter for whomever?
4- There are never some 2400 shows played.
5- How would the lives of their followers played out differently. A big hmmm here especially given my over indulgences.
6- What alternative music would have captured our attention to such an extent.
Folk only- oh the horror. Blugrass and southern rock. Well I could live with that. Aerosmith- Up till 1976. Pink Floyd - but no one dances. Yes- up till 908iate12 but just another seat show.
7- No DSO or other dead tribute bands who can bring us the vibe into my 54 y.o. and counting lifetime.
8- No playing along to my favorite dead songs in my spare time bringing musical joy to many a life.
9-No Phish, MOE,jambands may have ever existed.
10- No beatiful colorful hippie chick dancing. and so on and so on.
11- please add your thoughts to what I see as a long boring, sterile, uneventful, unenlighted reality it could have been.

Peace folks and start planning your Oct. 9Th( a Saturday night) accordingly.

• Forum MVP

Jerry goes on to play guitar but he is not as skilled. He joins his friend Robert in writing songs for Broadway.

Pigpen meets Jonny Winter and they form a blues band In Houston

After several extended tours, Janis joins them to add a screaming vocal to their favorit song "Paying in the Blues Band"

Houston becomes the center of a new culture for the young that are turning away from main line culture.

Fifty years latter we celibrate the blues in a small bar on the bay.

• Forum MVP

Jorma and a host of others leave the brisk foggy Bay Area for the steamy new blues scene in Houston, and the San Francisco sound becomes a niche sideshow. Acid is considered a strange and marginalized affectation while all the cool kids get heavily into Burgundy wine. This leads authorities to be concerned about a new generation of winos, into "sex booze and the blues." In reaction, the federal government ties appropriation of highway funds to the states to a requirement that the drinking age be raised to 30.

Archived