?

ducats

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

ya see here's the thing about dancing like no one is watching....

I do that- dance at home with no one around. But for me it's being with other people dancing that really brings out the magic. We do see and inspire each other. And we come here to share about it.

Some come to laugh their past away
Some come to make it just one more day
Whichever way your pleasure tends
if you plant ice you're gonna harvest wind

what are you harvesting, Ducats? are you content? I get the sense that your negative comments come from a place of self-hate. Otherwise there would be no reason for you to act as such. It's alright- we've all got some level of self-hate. The world teaches us to be that way- or we interpret it as such. Maybe you should take a long look at where your words are coming from. I bet you have some real magic and goodness to share with the world~

• Forum MVP

hey if you dance like I do you can pretend that no one is watching but the reality is people are watching. I typically don't care. Does that count as dancing as if no one is watching?

I do notice that when there is a great dance mass, I push it to my physical limits and in places with less of a dance I don't push my boundaries. I really do feed off others energy and I like to try to inspire others to let go as well. I think if people who want to really dance see others letting go it makes it easier for them to do so as well.

• Forum MVP

Hegel.

The real fun begins when the energy of the dancing crowd becomes one energetic mass. If you love dance, others dance will lift your dance to another level.

No one on here dances but to express the love they feel, what the music means to them, from what I know. It doesn't come from a place of ego. I remember those who aren't present sometimes in the way I dance, those I love and miss, by remembering their dance. Ashely on the way she bounced, E and her spinning, KPR in her meditation.

Do you laugh when I stumble and fall ?

In the name of the dance I will crawl.

• Forum MVP

I watch everyone. Those dancing and those not. I pull energy and learn moves from the dancers and I need to know where the others are. I don't want to knock into anyone.

I was overtaken during TOO and spun into a few. This is rare for me as I'm a pretty sure footed weaver but I just completely got lost. I'm not completely sure of anything but believed I crashed into Torin and mango and an unidentified female on at least 1 occasion but I was in a death spin hypnotized by the music. No one else existed for a minute and I was "that" guy who you hate at shows b/c they have no regard for others space. I didn't mean to be "that" guy at all. I blame the music for my indescretions. After that short blow out period I integrated into societal dancing.

• Forum MVP

I do not care if anybody watches or their opinion of my skills or lack thereof

I dance cause I just have to...seems to be contagious and entertaining to others

The energy does whirl around if everything is just exactly perfect

• Forum MVP

PG,

I sometimes struggle to release the ego during the dance. I can feed off the stares and smiles from those that don't dance that ate floating my way but I most certainly believe that the quality of my dance and by quality I mean the amount the music is flowing through my body and the energy emanating from the deepest corners of my being and soul occur when the glances no longer flatter me because I don't see them. I only see the masses and the movement of those around me. Maybe a stray eye contact with another blissed out dancer but really it's me and the music.

Rude,

Don't feel bad. Mango stepped on my foot and bumped into me a few times or maybe it was the other way around. It happens.

• Forum MVP

MC,

Perhaps those stares and looks are gratitude or honor or respect for your expression. They see a part of the music in your expression they hear or feel. And we all can feel those real heart energies. That is a real space.

Flattery yes that is ego. But gratitude or honoring for courage, open heartedness , beauty, creativity etc no.

It is a fine edge.

The ego will say it is your ego to keep you from the heart spaces.

Poetry Girl thanks for rescuing (ego) my post.  and the rest of you I apologize if you felt my question was a negative one.

Mason you're not dancing like nobody's watching - which is the ultimate dance.  try it - guarantee you'll agree.

i'm gonna check out for a while.

• Forum MVP

Thanks for the advice ducats. Come watch me dance. If you think I spend the whole time as if people are watching I will be surprised but I will remember your advice and try to let go even more.

Maybe introduce yourself and I will watch you dance like no one is watching so I can get the idea of what you mean. Pretty sure Chuck spends a lot of time in this dance like no one is watching space but I would love some more examples of what you mean.

• Forum MVP

Ducats , I thought you were looking for a topic initially named " dance like Nobody's Watching " lol

I think Mason does dance that dance. He doesn't dance for anyone but himself except what his ego notices. None of us are without ego. Even Eckert Tolle. Lol. How else could he write so prolifically about losing it. Hegel. .......There is nothing wrong with dancing with others , for others. In some ancient traditions the dance is meant to teach and tell a story. It certainly isn't wrong.

• Forum MVP

I don't know how I rescued it. We all played our parts

A stained glass window has a picture only if the light shines through each different pane of glass. No use trying to be azure blue when you are fushcia. That what I tell my little peoples.

• Forum MVP

Terpsichore.

The politics of dancing

The politics of ooo feeling good

The politics of moving

Is this message understood?

-- Re-Flex, "The Politics of Dancing"

Time to join ducats in stealth mode. Run silent, run deep.

• Forum MVP

PG,

I don't agree with ducats assertion but I always try to remain open to advice. I guess when I dance alone at home, I'm dancing for the dog to watch or after I hike 5 miles up a mountain with the bose and dance alone on its peak I'm really dancing so the birds and squirrels can watch. Hell, even at the show when the tears run from my eyes (and those that know me know that I have trouble crying while others watch) I'm really only crying so others will want to make me feel better or I'm crying so my dad who is no longer here can see. I'm not going to put too much weight in what ducats says.

I didn't take his post as negative. I didn't accuse him of self hate or loathing or whatever. I chose to engage in this conversation and for some reason, I got singled out by him. There must be some reason for this. That reason is still a mystery to me but the greatest journeys in life all started as a mystery for me.

I must admit that I feel a bit bothered by someone that presupposes to know my innermost thoughts and feelings while I dance. This advice would come easier from a friend but I hope to grow each day and hopefully his comments will help me grow. I love this community and all it has to offer.

I do believe that many on these boards dance like no one is watching whatever that means to them. I'm surprised that such a challenge or accusation would be put forth by someone who doesn't have the courage or strength to introduce themselves.

I believe ducats has a lot to give and a lot to learn from. I hope someday to make his or her acquaintice and see them dance like no one is watching. I am sure it must be quite a sight to see.

• Forum MVP

I like to dance. Think I'll go dance on Wednesday night to stu Allen and company. The music won't be quite as good but there is a nice wooden floor, providing enhanced spinning. Gotta dance the time between Dso shows- how else do you think I dance so well? ;)

Archived