?

ducats

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

SVT,

I think it it the love of adventure that ties this experiential phenomenon together and being present in the moment to experience the adventure whether on the dance floor, mixing sound, singing the song, holding the silence and breaking it wide open. The music allows for it and we all embrace it.

• Forum MVP

Ducats is just a super modest reserved cat. Trust me. MC don't ever dance near him. Your ego couldn't take it. It would be the opposite of sunny filling your head with the Neal Cassady stuff. Ducats would make you question if you had ever really danced in your life.

• Forum MVP

I don't think anyone is going to have that effect on me Rude. I may post of ups and downs and being overly sensitive or overly confident and that may all be true and well and good but at the end of it all, I'm always just going to keep on dancing and no one is going to interfere with that. I got through the lost of my father; I don't think some modest cat that occasionally posts on this board is going to do much to make me question my existence.

Just keep dancing.

• Forum MVP

Oh and FYI all I'm able to listen to these days is 69 stuff. It's all my soul craves atm. It's been creeping on me for a few months but a little b4 BM all I craved is that era and I'm slowly prodding through all the shows. I realized at BM that the older stuff just taps into somewhere completely different and is so raw and I need that right now. Unfortunately I'm going to constantly be craving those shows and disappointment may follow. But I got 3 69s this year so that's pretty solid.

• Forum MVP

Lmao can we touch ourselves. If you said u can choose sex or dead music that would be tough. I'd have to choose sex on the original question. I can always listen to the shows on the rail. I could give up the dance but not the music.

• Forum MVP

2/22. 2/28. 4/23. 12/26. I could throw out some more gems. Give us some of your favorites.

Just finished the 2-22. Never listened to that one. Jerry is so emotional. That mountains is just dripping feelings. 2-28 is one of my favs already as is that whole 4 day Fillmore west run. We actually had 2-28 on in the room Saturday night at BM.

There are so many 69 shows. I'd like to know people's personal favorites so I can work my way through these. Gonna take me 2-3 months to work through these.

• Forum MVP

2/22. 2/28. 4/23. 12/26. I could throw out some more gems. Give us some of your favorites.

MC, I'm still waiting for feedback from you on that 2-25-66 Ivar Theatre show, and in particular Hey Little One. Short show, longest song is Caution at 8 min. I'm pushing it on you because I know you've been on a Jerry kick lately. This tune for me is the essence of young Jerry. There are parts of the song that hurt. Jerry really puts his chops out there on this tune unlike later years. It's not the greatest of all Dead tunes, but as an early Jerry fan it touched me deeply. Curious if you felt the same way. Won't be surprised if you don't cause we all fall in and out of love with songs over the years. Rest of the show is really good also. Play it loud! Peace bro.

Ps: this is the only recording of this song I've found. Would be curious if anyone knew of others.

• Forum MVP

I remember sitting in the cabin listening to Hey Little One, same kind of of passion as a Death Don't but with a yearning that is somehow unrrivaled. A simply sweet tale of unfettered youth and hope.

• Forum MVP

7-29-66 also

Even though you just turned me into a show that had a Viola with Jerry playing that hollowed out log sound (sweet old school) and Pig wearing out the Hammond B3, I didn't see Hey Little One on the soundboard cut on Archive. Maybe the show is incomplete, is your date right? Thanks Dead Duck!

Archived