?

ducats

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

I made eye contact with the teach on several occasions. I find him to be more a booty shaker boogie down guy than a free form dancer but to make the BM magic we need all types of respectful heads. He brought water when I didn't think I could stand. He brought beer when the God's nectar would satisfy more than the H2O. I don't know the attendance at BM but there was probably only 50 to 70 heads full on dancing and that's perfectly okay. The other heads provided smiles and laughter and made sure the band didn't play to an empty house. My experience was topnotch and I would bet many others with a slightly different approach or result at BM would say the same. It takes all types to keep this bus tuned up and rolling down the track.

• Forum MVP

Lol...nice topic...people are always watching...if they are not watching, they are video taping, if not video taping, taking pictures, if not taking pictures, then starring and wondering where the fuck do you get all that energy:)!!!! Cause I accepted my self hate, and decide to leave it at the door when I go into a venue:)!!!

Dance like everyone's watching and the music is your muse:)!!!!!!

• Forum MVP

So having a tooth filled at the debtist on nitrous listening to old dead, I realized that the best dancing songs are the ones that you can off beat drum to the best. TOO and viola are 2 that come to mind where the permutations of bongo drumming are just limitless and your dance options are as well. I think that's why TOO sends me to outer space.

• Forum MVP

Correct buddy ... I am a booty shaker .... we had some cool kind folks at Black Mountain for sure ... top notch top notch

I told Matt that he and I made good dance partners. His somewhat conservative booty shaking and my "got a spider on me" dance kinda cancelled each other out of the weird realm.

• Forum MVP

Correct buddy ... I am a booty shaker .... we had some cool kind folks at Black Mountain for sure ... top notch top notch

I told Matt that he and I made good dance partners. His somewhat conservative booty shaking and my "got a spider on me" dance kinda cancelled each other out of the weird realm.

The wax on/ wax off was missing in the dance mix.

• Forum MVP

My favorite to dance to is the slow stuff. Esp FOTD... Crazy fingers... Comes a time... Etc. More spacious music = more room for interpretation = blissed out Mango.

But I wouldn't want show of only slow songs. I love the ebb and flow of a grateful dead set. I have no problem getting down to the raunchy blues numbers like minglewood, rooster, etc.

I'm also down for a 20+ minute dark star...

• Forum MVP

Stuff With lots of drum beat gets me. I dabble on a drum kit and that off beat funk drumming is what I like. Doin that rag is another that has that super funky off beat style drumming.

• Forum MVP

Phew!!! I thought I was the only 1 that did that.

Wait, did you mean "feel" or "see" those arachnids?

• Forum MVP

Not a zinger, but just a little something to break the silance...

A good friend and his wife came to Black Mountain on Friday. Derek had seen DSO once at Variety early in the year for what I felt was a disapointing show. Derck said the second set picked things up. Marilou was not familar with Grateful Dead and before the show said she wanted to hear some psyedelic music. They both enjoyed the show tremendously. Derek bought Marilou a CD of GD's "greatest hits" and he said she has not stopped playing it.  This weekend I copied a few old CDs for her, "Working Man's Dead" and "America Beauty". Derek said to start her off on something no so energistic. I topped it off with "Europe 72" 'cause she should have some live sounds.  I will print out nice album cover packages and give them to her, hopefully latter this week.   Now my question is what psydelic music should she hear to start with...maybe the earlist albums ?  I want to hold back "Live Dead" for just a bit...that ones just too spoecial.

Peace and Love,

Doc

• Forum MVP

Not a zinger

My wife, Bess, does not like the Greatful Dead.  She especially shuns "Friend of the Devil" ...she's a bit relidious.   So on the way to Black Mountan I carefully chose a few CDs to pass the four hours.  These were a couple Jerry Garcia and David Gristman ...one was "Not for Children Only" which Tim likes.  But the one that Bess actually did enjoy was "Cats Under the Stars". I expected her to make some comments about "Gomorrah" that they didn't have the facts exactly right but she was accepting. I'm not sure what else I can play for her to edge her toward the bus.

Peace, Love, and Good Music for All

Doc

Archived