College Football 2015

bs69

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

My favorite time of the year!!!!! Unfortunately I'll be in Nashville to see panic and have to miss most of week 1's games. I'm not sure if I would have committed to go if I realized it was week 1 of college football. My fav weeks are when you get 3-4 huge SEC matchups. Unfortunately with only a 4 team playoff many of the sec teams will just beat up on each other like always. Ohio state looks like a lock to make the playoffs with their schedule. No clue who will be there from the sec and that's what makes it so exciting.

• Forum MVP

Not making it out for any West Coast DSO but seeing Panic in Nashville. I assume tickets were free? Otherwise, let's get our priorities straight.

Tix are 100. Hotel free. Ride free. DSO west coast =1k+.

• Forum MVP

Seems like lots for free on this one.  Hotel and travel usually costs associated with seeing shows.  I'd be saving that 100 but that just me.  I really don't care for widespread panic.  Boozy sway music. I like dance music.  

• Forum MVP

I got into panic back in the early 90s. They were my fav jam band b4 I got into the dead. Plus they played all around me since they were from Georgia. Unfortunately their sound went harder and they veered away from the dead style to what they are today. When bombs and butterflies was released Panic lost lots of fans. We were like wtf is this. It was too hard rock for me. I got to see them 5x in 93-94 when they still had that "space wrangler" sound.

When you live in west ky, you don't get a whole lot of shows and for 100 bucks for a weekend in Nashville, I'll take it. Of course I'd rather see DSO. That's a no brainer.

• Forum MVP

Your home state being spoiled w music that weekene. terrapin hill harvest fest. bce in Lexington. I see options but it's cool panic is an old love for you. I've been impressed w the devotion of the fans. never really dug their sound. to each their own.

• Forum MVP

Your home state being spoiled w music that weekene. terrapin hill harvest fest. bce in Lexington. I see options but it's cool panic is an old love for you. I've been impressed w the devotion of the fans. never really dug their sound. to each their own.

You mention terrapin hill farm, but at jubilee how many bands do you see besides DSO.  Honestly everything is just filler for me now until any Dead music.  Panic is just killing time until new years run.  I did have a blast at Led Zepplin 2 and Aussie Pink floyd.  I was about the only one dancing in the whole ampitheater and people in the lawn were coming up to us and yelling to sit down but fuck them.  Zeppelin was my 1st love along with floyd.  Panic was the girl i lived with during college and Dead is what I married until death do us part.

• Forum MVP

I always go to the stage when any member of DSO is playing.  I see all of their side projects.  I don't do much else.  I also may not stay the whole time.  I'm just pointing out that you have options that weekend.  I'm not sure your analogy is good.  The wife generally wouldn't be real happy with you going out for a night with the old college love.

• Forum MVP

Also, I would hang and check out more music at the Jubilee but I can hear everything from camp and I feel myself and many others (you included Rude) really push the limits of their own personal energy and endurance during Dark Star.  Sometimes its all I have to give.  

• Forum MVP

I always go to the stage when any member of DSO is playing. I see all of their side projects. I don't do much else. I also may not stay the whole time. I'm just pointing out that you have options that weekend. I'm not sure your analogy is good. The wife generally wouldn't be real happy with you going out for a night with the old college love.

The wife is out of town 4 months.

And yes I try to leave it all on the dance floor. Usually completely gassed after a show

• Forum MVP

I always go to the stage when any member of DSO is playing. I see all of their side projects. I don't do much else.

And yes I try to leave it all on the dance floor. Usually completely gassed after a show

Amen to that.  The delicate flower wilts quickly unless he has miracle grow :)  or sleep

EDIT:  I think I'm done referring to myself in the 3rd person.  I'm no Ricky Henderson now....

• Forum MVP

Oh and my college predictions are the SC Gamecocks to win the title.

Can't lick those Cocks Chris.  Spurrier is my favorite coach in college football!  He is the master of the press conference and always manages to land some haymakers on the competition.

My prediction?  PAIN.

• Forum MVP

South Carolina has such hope every year and seems to just collapse. I recall the wildcats coming back from a large deficit and beating them recently and the cats suck. In text I was congratulating Chris on a victory as I thought it was over and the cats came back running 100% wildcat formation. QB rushed every play the last several series. Was just bizarre.

• Forum MVP

My days at Jubilee are about conservation and rejuvenation. It's like barely eating on a day you're having an awesome feast for dinner.

Gamecocks!!

Yeah, as much as I'd love to see my hometown team rock it this year........doubtful.

BUT, I'll be watchin' and cheerin' while Spurrier throws his visor to the ground.

GO COCKS !!

• Forum MVP

My days at Jubilee are about conservation and rejuvenation. It's like barely eating on a day you're having an awesome feast for dinner.

Gamecocks!!

Yeah, as much as I'd love to see my hometown team rock it this year........doubtful.

BUT, I'll be watchin' and cheerin' while Spurrier throws his visor to the ground.

GO COCKS !!

Agreed. I was trying to do one of those Tony Robbins things where you visualize the outcome you want, and wallah, it happens. I do predict the visor will be flying this year.

• Forum MVP

Gamecocks!!

GO COCKS !!

Spurriers got skillz:

stevekick_medium.gif

And can show some restraint when needed

headballcoach.gif

Archived