College Football 2015

bs69

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

The Heels and the Wolverines take the gas-pipe last night - Not the start I was hoping for.  Let's hope the kinks get worked out and both programs shake off the losses.

Congrats to the gamecocks Chris!

• Forum MVP

even though the Big 10 went 0-2 last night .... I think it showed that a middle road team in the conference, Minnesota, had the #2 team in an upset mode .... if TCU comes to Minnesota in November to play I am taking Minnesota...

Michigan went out to Utah, a team with a 4 year starting QB, and also went down in a close one .....

we got a big one coming up Monday .... ALL 4 of Ohio State starting WRs are out .... 3 suspended and one broke his leg last week in practice.... and the best DE in college football, Joey Bosa, is also out....

no excuses ... it is next man up .... LETS GO BUCKS !!

• Forum MVP

That sux that the cheapest tickets were over $100, but having almost the entire upper deck empty is kind of embarrassing. I can assure you that if Kentucky and Ohio St. were playing at PBS in Cincy the nosebleed seats would be going for $200 from the brokers and all seats would be full.

• Forum MVP

even though the Big 10 went 0-2 last night .... I think it showed that a middle road team in the conference, Minnesota, had the #2 team in an upset mode .... if TCU comes to Minnesota in November to play I am taking Minnesota...

Michigan went out to Utah, a team with a 4 year starting QB, and also went down in a close one .....

we got a big one coming up Monday .... ALL 4 of Ohio State starting WRs are out .... 3 suspended and one broke his leg last week in practice.... and the best DE in college football, Joey Bosa, is also out....

no excuses ... it is next man up .... LETS GO BUCKS !!

Tcu had the 34th ranked recruiting class last year. 0 5-star and only 1 4-star player. Compare the talent to USC's number 1 class with 4 5-star and 17 4-star players. You won't have consistency with lack of speed and power. Yes recruiting isn't everything but having only 2nd tier players will lead to inconsistency. Pro players make the big plays. The big 12 has been very weak in the last few years which is very strange. Weak teams like Baylor and tcu are the dominant teams in that league. Tcu is the best coached team in the big 12 and they have a strong offensive system, but to win them all seems a long shot. A weak Minnesota team almost dismantled them.

• Forum MVP

That sux that the cheapest tickets were over $100, but having almost the entire upper deck empty is kind of embarrassing. I can assure you that if Kentucky and Ohio St. were playing at PBS in Cincy the nosebleed seats would be going for $200 from the brokers and all seats would be full.

I pretty much agree with you, however also the game was at 6pm, stadium in downtown, and trying to get there during rush hour traffic is a clusterfuck. Charlotte is a white collar town for the most part, and not a hard core sports fanbase. Probably half the population is from northeast. The empty seats were where all the high-brow UNC fans should have been, USC contingent was pretty strong. Get the gamecocks back to Williams Brice stadium in Columbia and you'll see 83k capacity filled every game.

• Forum MVP

Gamecocks have no chance at the playoffs. Barely beat a middle of the pack ACC team. SEC supremacy still in question after that game.

In the words of Lloyd Christmas, even if the odds are a million to one..... "Soooooo you're saying there's a chance!"

• Forum MVP

I have a good friend who is a UK season ticket holder. He thinks Kentucky is going to go to Columbia and win next week. By the way, Halloween is going to be nuts in Lexington. UK v. Tennessee and the breeders cup with American Pharoah running for the last time on the same day! The bourbon will be flowing

• Forum MVP

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2560461-alabamas-toughest-schedule-ever-will-make-or-break-the-tide-in-2015

Alabama has 10 possible ranked teams on their schedule this year. Most ever played was 8 ranked in a year and the most that most teams will play over a 4 year period. Impossible to go undefeated with that schedule. Just like auburn had 4 top 10 road games last year. U can't beat every top team on the road. This year the sec will be fun. And other conferences will have a couple good games.

• Forum MVP

And it's funny that you say I'm not objective. Sec is weak in hoops. That's why UK was undefeated. You can't play in the big east of 5 years ago and go undefeated. It's the same thing. I base my analysis on logic and statistics. The best players will make the best league. Top to bottom the sec has the top coaches. Are you going to dispute that as well with total SEC dominance over the last 15 years. I'm not putting down other teams. Ohio state will be great this year. The problem is they will NOT be tested. They will make the playoffs. I'm watching this pathetic Baylor/SMU game. It is 28-21 early and DMU was 1-11 last year. They are horrible. So is the Baylor D for the 4th ranked team in the nation. Heck Baylor will probably make a playoff with their nothing schedule. My point is you can't compare a 2 loss team who plays 8 ranked teams to a 1 or 0 loss team that plays a number 20 team as their only ranked opponent.

Edit: so if I have to bet I bet OSU will be national champs. They have 10 straight vs unranked opponents until Michigan state. 1 ranked team on their schedule. Ohio state has talent and coaching. They are solid. But the cupcake schedule will show us nothing. If they lose though they won't get in. That's the kicker. But looks like Hawaii is the biggest challenge to getting to the playoffs in the 1st 3 months.

• Forum MVP

Baylor defense is terrible.

The SEC west it's very strong, the east not so much. I think Georgia will be good and Tennessee has potential to be solid. South Carolina, Missouri and Florida are not that good this year. Kentucky is improving but still average at best and Vanderbilt is horrible. I think by late in the year you will see that the Mississippi schools are frauds. Even with all that, it is still the best league overall but don't argue that every game is brutal.

• Forum MVP

Missouri is ranked top 25 and Florida is ranked around 30th. The "weak" east has 3 top 25. The bottom of the east is bad. UK and vandy are the only easy games. The sec has 11 teams ranked in the top 30.

What's funny is unranked Texas A&M is a 3.5 point favorite over 15th ranked Arizona state. Looks to me like the sec is under ranked b/c Vegas lines are way more predictive of true rank than sports writers polls. I do think Alabama -10 vs Wisconsin is a tad high of a spread. Alabama has offensive issues this year even if their defense will be reminiscent of several years ago.

• Forum MVP

I think pac 12 will seem just as rough by years end.

At the top the PAC 10 will be as good as any. They drop off a lot quicker though. USC is going to break out within a year or 2. They got some of the very top players that are freshmen. Serious talent on that USC team even though they are young. If 10 years ago you were to say that the big 12 would be so weak and the PAC 10 that strong people would think u wrre high.

• Forum MVP

So here's my gambling lock of the week.

Texas A&M -3.5 vs 15th ranked ASU. Call your bookie now.

Easy winner.

Sec undefeated on Saturday. Complete domination. I get that people dislike the SEC but you can't deny the level of football is on another tier. The speed and hitting is unmatched. Oregons defense looks like it went downhill from last years porous d if that's possible. 42 to eastern Washington? And you are top 10? MC looks like the PAC 10 is the one overrated not the sec.

Archived