College Football 2015

bs69

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

Ask an NFL team what having the number 1 offensive lineman does for them. The number 1 overall pick will be tunsil from ole miss. You should google his stats and tell me what he did for ole miss. Not allowing your guy to get a sack and only 2 tackles for loss in a whole year is a massive impact. What about all those 5 star bama defensive lineman. If they didn't have 2 of them how different would they be. Getting a number 1 guy can be massive. Michigan just got the number 1 player and he's a defensive tackle. Let's see how teams do running at him in 2 years. UK is saddled with a team of all 3-star defenseman and look at their D. On the other hand Ohio state and Alabama are stacked with 4 and 5 star defensive players and u can see the difference. ole miss is a prime example of having 3 super elite guys and making a huge difference. They will literally have 3 guys be the 1st player drafted at their position this draft and could have easily won a national championship if they were in it. They ended up 4th in the FPI behind Ohio state.

• Forum MVP

And you also have to look at 4 classes. You sign 2 5-star players a year and you have 8 5-star guys on your team. Alabama started 8 5-star and like 12 4-star guys with a couple 3-star starters.

Deshaun Watson was a 5-star recruit. How much of an impact did he have on that team?

• Forum MVP

Here's who I think scored. Georgia got the number 1 pro style QB, number 1 athlete(will be a WR/punt returner) and number 1 tight end. All are 5-star guys. They also got the 7th tight end and Calvin Ridley's brother who is a top 50 4-star wide receiver. Oh they also got the number 2 running back(only ranked 100th overall though. Bad year for RBs). Kirby smart put together a future offense down the road. It's sort of funny b/c he's the defensive brains behind Bamas relentless D, but his big pickups were all offense.

The SEC east looks to be coming back to life with Tennessee poised for a big year along with Georgia and floruda(if they can find a qb). Missouri had their worst recruiting year in ages. That team has fallen apart with the problems at that school. South Carolina should make a comeback within a few years and UK got its 1st 5-star player since Tim couch. Offensive lineman. That's the 1st position I'd want a solid player in if I was starting a team. Screw a QB. Give me O-line and any QB can be productive.

• Forum MVP

It did look like Georgia scored.  I also feel Michigan and Ohio St scored.  Big recruiting classes and the competition in their conferences didn't do so well.  You may not like it, but they have great chances for the playoffs going forward.  

• Forum MVP

Michigan scored big but freshmen don't win championships. They are a year or 2 away but I think they can win one especially if harbaugh can load up with more defensive talent. He's a brilliant coach, but I was a tad surprised he recruited that well. He's not a players coach and he's generally hated by the players he coaches. Ohio state lost everyone who could leave. They are in rebuilding mode. That Michigan state game hurt them as many juniors said see ya after that. I don't see how, besides their favorable schedule that they go undefeated.

Florida state has recruited better than any team not named Alabama the last 5 years, but they have coaching issues. They haven't been able to develop that talent just like USC hasn't been able to but USC recruits b/c you have the hottest pussy there and primo weather and famous people. You have a 50/50 shot of banging a kardashian and the young one is 18 and single and makes bad choices.

Bama got the number 1 and 4 linebacker as well as the number 1 DE. They surprisingly had several sure fire 1st round draft picks on defense decide to play another year along with the MVP of the championship game TE. I saw him described as a combo of Olympic sprinter and Resident Evil monster lol. Never saw a tight end faster than every defensive player. They won't have the offense they had this year, but their defense will likely be even better!!! Their weak spot was at DB and almost all those guys are back and those freshmen 5-star LB's will help fill the void left by Reuben Foster. Oh and Bama has the best OL guy in football for 2 more years in cam Robinson. If Bama can find a QB who can just manage the team like last year, they will again be hard to beat. If Bama had Deshaun Watson they could be the best team in history. Alas Clemson recruited the number 1 QB in the 2014 class. Mark it down--Bama will hold teams to 10 points or less 7-8 times next season I don't think they will be like that 2011 or 2012 team that allowed only 8.5 points a game but they will be close. I mean almost everyone on D is returning. Sick!!! This team was only weak at DB and that should be fixed this year.

Tennessee is my pick to win the SEC. Do what rude?? Well LSU will be much better. Ole miss will have Chad Kelly back. Auburn will be much better. Tennessee should be heads above anyone in the east maybe. Just b/c I think Tennessee has a better shot to win the east and the west is a Tossup is why I'm going with them. Plus they return I think 18 starters from an excellent team that lost their 4 games by a total of 17 points. Tennessee could have been in the playoff if they could hold those 4th quarter leads. Georgia got the top pro style QB but he's a freshman so they generally don't win you championships.

The sec west will be much weaker this year which is really good news for the SEC. Mississippi state loses their star Dak Prescott. And if you don't think he was a star he had 39 total rush and pass TDs with only 5 ints and had 3800 yards passing on 67% completion. He also rushed for almost 600 yards. A&M lost 2 5-star QBs and they are in turmoil. Teams die to get 1 and they lost 2 to transfer. They will likely be down. Arkansas also loses their star QB and yes Brandon Allen was a star. He along with deshaun Watson led the nation in quarterback rating. All 3 of those teams will be decent but not consistent next year. That will help with AP rankings as they only care about win loss nonsense. The SEC west is assured 21 losses just from each other. If 12-14 of those losses get tossed on those 3 teams it will bode well for the others. The sec west needs a Rutgers, Maryland and Purdue lol. Last year the sec west was LOADED with QB talent. They had by far the best collection of QB talent of any one division, but 3 stars have departed. It was a perfect storm last year that was bad for the conference leading to a 9-2 bowl record as rankings made the conference look weak and have to play weaker teams than they should have, which led to bowl dominance.

The Big 12 had decent but middling recruiting. Texas is recruiting nothing like it has in the past but did pull a solid class. It may be b/c Baylor and tcu are splitting some of the talent. Bakee mayfield will be back at Oklahoma. He's very solid. I think people who say he was overrated didn't take into account that Clemson had the 2nd best D in the country behind Bama and besides the 2nd half of the TCU game and Clemson he had a fantastic season. But I don't think the Big 12's post season performance will do them any favors next year. Unless Oklahoma is undefeated I don't see any big 12 in a playoff and Ohio state plays Oklahoma 1st game. Id have to pick Oklahoma at this point just b/c of the QB and the mass exodus of many stars from OSU. Oklahoma did get one of A&Ms 5-star QBs as a transfer which doesn't count on recruiting, but it will be big in 2017.

Here's my way way too early playoff predictions.

Tennessee wins the sec east with an 11-1 record. Alabama goes undefeated and then loses to Tennessee in the sec championship and both make the playoffs. You can't keep a 1 loss Bama out with them being number 1 b4 the sec championship game.

Clemson rolls to an easy playoff as the number 1 team after Bama loses to TN.

Ohio state wins the big ten with Michigan a close 2nd. Ohio state gets a playoff spot. Clemson vs Alabama. Ohio state vs Tennessee. (The Bama loss forces committee to rank TN higher but really it should be Clemson vs TN and Bama Ohio state which would make for a better playoff.

The PAC 12 again has no team that's much better than any other and the big 12 is just ehh.

Can u tell I love signing day!!!! I should have done something in sports management and been a recruiter or scout.

• Forum MVP

I'm just a sports and math nerd. College is so much more fun for me than pros. It's so hard to analyze the pros. Everyone is so equal. The difference b/t the best and worse pro teams is about the same spread that Tennessee was favored over northwestern. And knowing that one recruit can turn your team around when in pros you need every position or you will be exploited. In college you will have guys that are just so completely dominant that they can take over a game when in pros the difference is much less. Upsets can be much bigger in college considering there have only been a few spreads in pro history over 20 points. Stadiums hold more and rivalries are bigger. Everyone is hungrier in college. Many have pro aspirations. Defense is the biggest difference. A good coach can take inferior talent on offense and with a great scheme score 35 a game, but defense lapses are the norm in college unless you are loaded with pro talent. If u didn't know already college football is my fav sport snd it's not even close. You big city people are more pro oriented as philly, New York, Boston, DC, etc are loaded with pro sports franchises, but in the south and Midwest, our pro sports are our alma mater or regional universities. And if we suck this year, we are 1 recruiting class away from turning it around whereas in pros, you can be screwed for years with a bad transaction. See Hershel walker trade.

• Forum MVP

Hey Matt. Why did Joey Bosa leave early when his 5-star little brother just signed?? That seems like a pretty cool opportunity to play with your younger brother who will also likely be a pro. Bosa is a high to mid 1st rounder so staying would have been a dumb financial move, but it would have been pretty cool as they will likely never have a shot to play together again. Are the players unhappy with Meyer? I think u guys had 8-9 juniors declare which sounds more like a rebellion. But on a positive note, Ohio state will rule the 2016 NFL draft lol.

Cardale Jones was an idiot for leaving. He should have just transferred and sat out a year and gone pro in 2 years. His rise was almost identical to Jamarcus russel at lsu. He had a brilliant game and went number 1 then sucked in pros right after. Cardale' great game was vs Bama and this year was his shitty pro year. Hopefully he doesn't start sippin on sizzup like Russell but I expect his career to be just as shitty.

• Forum MVP

1 player also doesn't make a team. People develop all the time. Stars don't guarantee success. Derrick Henry was a 3-star high schooler. then again deshaun Watson was a 5-star number 1 ranked QB. Ohio state will have no telling how many drafted. I bet 65% of the guys they have drafted are 4 and 5-star players.

• Forum MVP

Just pointing out that the ratings is more of a crap shoot.  Tough to have a clue on how a high school kid will develop or where he really is.  Ohio St must've had a lot of 4 to 5 star guys develop.  Surprised the kids at Bama didn't feel they were there.  They looked good to me but must've got back bad draft feed back.  They probably fell behind the Ohio St. guys.  They didn't come back to Bama for any reason other than to improve draft position.  Nothing left to accomplish.  Dollars must not have been right.

• Forum MVP

They didn't get a bad draft outlook. They had 2 that were late 1st to 2nd round who came back but they didn't have the turmoil of Ohio state. The 3 bad attitudes who tweeted after their loss that they were leaving hurt morale. It was bad losers hurting their team.

And you are right. It is a crapshoot to an extent but I will guarantee you that if that Michigan tackle doesn't get hurt he will be a high 1st round pick. From what I read he's a complete defensive difference maker and will likely make a big impact his 1st year. 3-4 years ago ole miss got 3 5-star guys. Tunsil, ndominechesdneche, and treadwell. All 3 will be top 15 in the upcoming draft and those difference makers turned ole miss into an elite team. It takes 3-4 classes to make an elite team. If you keep stacking 5 5-star guys a year like Bama does you have the biggest change of success. If you look at the team rankings the top 15 teams have taken the majority of the elite talent. The biggest stars in college were mostly 4-5 star players. You get a few 2 and 3 star ones that turn out to be great but these rating services are like the NFL scouts. NFL has fails too but these services are pretty much on most of the time. How can you argue with Banas D having 4 5-star, 5 4-star and 2 3-star starters abd being the best by far in football. Ohio state had the 2nd best D and they are loaded the same way. It's 80% talent and 20% coaching.

• Forum MVP

Colorado plays Idaho, Michigan and Colorado state. That's the 10th hardest? 2 SEC teams play Clemson. That 1 game is harder than colorados schedule. And how are Idaho and Colorado state hard games?? That's a whack link. The SEC plays BY FAR the hardest 1st week schedule. Besides the bottom feeders like UK and vandy they all play at least 1 top tier opponent plus the conference is the most brutal every year.

• Forum MVP

Sec plays

Clemson x2

Florida state x2

USC

West Virginia

North Carolina

Tcu

Wisconsin

BYU

Va tech (weak I know)

Ga tech (weak but playing vandy)

Edit: forgot UCLA vs A&M

Likely 5 of these games will be top 10 games.

Iowa who was 12-0 regular season plays Iowa state and Miami of Ohio as their premier games.

• Forum MVP

Because their conference is SHIT. Dude the ACC of football is the sec of basketball. They have a couple good teams and the rest of the conference is dog shit.

This is approaching silliness. It's no longer rational analysis. Do you now think Bama had a cupcake walk to the championship?? They played 10 bowl teams before they played 2 bowl games. Who else was even close to that.

The SEC has the hardest non con schedule of any conference plus the hardest conference schedule. 8 ranked games for non conference and 3 of the others could easily be ranked. And if Bama has an extra conference game last year as many schools are doing they would have drawn uk, Missouri, vandy or Missouri and all were cupcakes but instead they played the 9 hardest in the conference. Sorry but having to add a Purdue, Maryland or Rutgers on your schedule doesn't make it harder because they are in conference. Conference games aren't harder. Hard conference games are harder.

When the SEC begins conference play 1-2 weeks before every other conference let the bashing begin b/c of the unavoidable losses they will incur. I just wish the sec waited like they used to so people would stop with the SEC is down nonsense annually when 1 good team beats another good team. 9-2 bowl record meant nothing b/c people said their competition was weak even though they played WAY more power 5 teams than any other. The PAC 12 had played 5 games b4 the sec played their 2nd b/c they played non power 5 schools. The SEC won by an average of 20 points each game even if you factor in the 2 losses!! That's insane. If that doesn't prove its a league beyond description what will.

Archived