College Football 2015

bs69

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

Ole Miss coughed up 41 to TCU (only mustered 3 as well).  Those guys were definitely overrated.  

Mississippi St. coughed up 49 to Georgia Tech

LSU 31 to ND

I'm not seeing that great of defensive play from the conference unless you want to say the offenses in the other conferences are way superior to the offenses the SEC usually contends with in conference.  I understand you love the SEC.  You continue to drink the Kool Aid despite recent events.  Hopefully, the conference rewards you with a better showing this year.  I'm going to keep living in the present and I think the gap between SEC and the other conferences are closing.  I don't think the best team resides in the SEC right now.  I wouldn't have argued with you and SEC supremacy 5 years ago, but things change.  5 years ago my Philadelpia Phillies were relevant.  Maybe that will help you understand how little 5 years ago matters today in sports.

• Forum MVP

Pac-12 performed the best last year.  6 teams in preseason top 25.  SEC has 8 and that includes the final 2 spots in the AP poll.  The difference is fairly small.  I wouldn't be surprised if more Pac-12 teams finish in the top 25.  I know you'll claim attrition, but they have to play each other too and USC and Stanford both have ND (preseason # 11) on their schedule.

• Forum MVP

I love this current debate though.

Non partial college football fans point to the fact and the current state of affairs. The SEC screams recruiting class and 5 years ago. They don't have current success to stand on. Remember, if I bring in more kids that leave after their junior year, I constantly field younger kids on the field hurting my team. I'd rather have most 4 star players for 4 or 5 years than a 5 star for 3. Make sense. Recruiting class does not necessarily dictate on field success.

• Forum MVP

The playoff should be six teams. Five conference winners and a wild card with the top two getting a bye.

The SEC is still the best conference from top to bottom, but they don't have the best team and possibly don't have one of the top four this year.

Recruiting rankings are biased. If Alabama recruits someone, they are automatically 4 star even if they were unknown before.

OH

• Forum MVP

It probably would be the SEC number two a lot of years, but could also come from one of the others or outside like a Boise St. or Notre Dame. I think eight teams is to many, there are just not eight worthy teams.

• Forum MVP

In 48hrs!!! We'll be watching college football, in the form of the pride of the SEC SC Gamecocks laying the absolute wood to ACC NC Tarheels to open the 2015 season.

MC I know you know this, but when you grow up in the south, you love ACC basketball (I'm a Tarheels fan in hoops) and you love SEC football (gamecocks fan on the grid). I went to a 2A school at App State (now 1A). If I had gone to an ACC or SEC school id pull for them in all sports, but more of us down here didn't than did. Northerners take more than half the seats with their out of state tuition. Trying to talk sense to people like me (and Rudedoggg) about non-SEC football conferences is like fucking up a good story with facts. We live in a football fantasy land. There's beer fountains, girls in sundresses, sunshine, meat cooking over fire, packed stadiums, girls jumping up and down during fight songs. Sept to Jan, no grip on reality, rosey glasses, SEC football.

• Forum MVP

The playoff should be six teams. Five conference winners and a wild card with the top two getting a bye.

The SEC is still the best conference from top to bottom, but they don't have the best team and possibly don't have one of the top four this year.

Recruiting rankings are biased. If Alabama recruits someone, they are automatically 4 star even if they were unknown before.

OH

Nope. Rivals rates before players choose a team. There is no bias.

• Forum MVP

Over the past five drafts, the SEC has had 50 first-rounders, followed by the ACC with 26, the Pac-12 with 24, the Big 12 with 20 and the Big Ten with 18.

Overall talent in the SEC is unrivaled and it's not even close.

• Forum MVP

The SEC led the way with 54 total draftees this year, which gives the league a national-best 246 picks in the past five drafts.

Second-most among conferences in the past five drafts is the ACC with 185, followed by the Pac-12 with 160, the Big Ten with 155 and the Big 12 with 120.

• Forum MVP

Since I have no team and no allegiance, I am able to look at the College football landscape with much more objectivity.

I completely agree, and while I genuinely appreciate your perspective, it's the very reason I say your completely sane and rational observations can't penetrate my bubble of football fantasy land. SEC football is like a family member.

I think it would be cool to look at all of college football without any allegiance, but with a love for football. I say however, it can't be done. I know MC with your passion as a person and a love of sports that you have favorite teams you love to watch,.... Can't miss games. Cough it up, who do you love.

• Forum MVP

In the 2015 Rivals class they list 36 5-star players.

5-star recruits by conference

19-SEC

8-ACC

8-PAC 12

1-Big 12

0-Big ten

Top 20 recruiting classes by conference

8-SEC

5- PAC 12

2 big 12

2-big ten

2-ACC

1-independent(Notre dame)

• Forum MVP

Above are objective stats. You can make whatever assumption you want. Since Rivals predictions aren't always accurate u can also use draft stats. Either way the talent level is off the charts in the SEC.

• Forum MVP

You keep implying talent is the only important factor in the quality of the team and I can point to many instances historically where talent doesn't correlate to winning. It's best team not collection of best players. pac 12 had 5 sec had 8. The gap is closing talent wise too.

• Forum MVP

Ohio State and Big Ten fans do not just spout out how good they and there conference is like the SEC fans ..

we let the play on the field do the talking .. when we win we celebrate.. when we lose we tip our hats to who beat us ..no flipping excuses ...

If the Buckeyes did not make the playoffs last year I would not be crying like these SEC fans ...

Buckeyes got in and beat an SEC team in SEC country and then beat a PAC 10 team for title ..

Do I expect Ohio State to repeat .. no I do not ... but if they can win back to back titles in this new playoff era ...simply that would be a big WOW

I will be in Ohio Stadium...ie the horseshoe for both the home opener September 12th and the following Saturday the 19th well with 107,000 strong ... also going on the road for Rutgers October 24th, @ Illinois November 14th as well as the RV going up to Michigan November 28th. .

LETS GO BUCKS !!

• Forum MVP

It looks to me from Rude's stats that rivals does not watch much Midwest high school football. Like I said, I totally agree that the sec is best top to bottom, closely followed by the pac 12, but I root for a team not a conference and that team is the reigning champs.

• Forum MVP

SEC looks overrated out the gate. Gamecocks better hope this QB can figure something out. I'm sure they've had better recruiting classes than UNC but their getting nothing from the most important position. The otherside has a ton of experience on offense.

Archived