College football spread contest

Rude

• Forum MVP

Each week everyone will pick 3 teams they like based on the spread link below(VI consensus column). We will run this through conference championships and then tally who had the best win record vs the spread. I will list an updated win/loss record for everyone who is participating. If you happen to miss a week, no biggie. You can still keep playing. Only pride is on the line.

We will use the 2nd column of this link below. The VI consensus. Your win/loss will be based on this line when you make your picks. Note the team you want and how many you are getting or giving at the time you post. Lets wait until Tuesday or Wednesday to make the picks as the opening lines can be up to 10 points off a closing line.

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-football/odds/las-vegas/

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

MSU-3 1/2

Sc-8 1/2

KST-17

Disclaimer I can't bet on college football. I used to but some of the biggest upsets in history can be chased directly back to my gambling account. Appalachian St. Stanford 41 pt dog winning outright. All me. Most weeks I'll go 0-3 if you want to bet some $ go against my picks

• Forum MVP

MSU-3 1/2

Sc-8 1/2

KST-17

Disclaimer I can't bet on college football. I used to but some of the biggest upsets in history can be chased directly back to my gambling account. Appalachian St. Stanford 41 pt dog winning outright. All me. Most weeks I'll go 0-3 if you want to bet some $ go against my picks

NFL is so hard to pick. I used to lose at a 75% clip in nfl. Collehe is a lot more fun to bet the line.

• Forum MVP

College just has too many teams to keep track of. Had plenty of success with nfl because they all play each other. IMO it was easier to know who's good and who's not. Typically I bet small to win big. Parlays. That way if you hit 2-3 Sunday's you come out ahead at the end of the year. Best win ever was having the Giants on the money line vs pats in undefeated super bowl year parlayed with 3 college basketball games. All that said I'm not the gambler I used to be. Might play a weekly bookie card. That's about it

• Forum MVP

Matt a game I picked isn't even on the board anymore. I can't constantly check that site for lines moving, and games being pulled. So I think it's best that we just do this for shits and giggles instead of playing for a hund. Just doesn't make any sense. So I'm calling the bet off buddy, don't want any controversy. Go Buckeyes!!

• Forum MVP

What day and time are we cutting off at ??

OKLAHOMA down to -1

LSU down to -4

The spreads are the spreads when the bets are placed just like Vegas. U can wait if u think it will become more favorable, but it could go the other way. Closing lines have no impact. I'll trust that everyone uses the correct spread at the time they pick.

• Forum MVP

I agree with Rude. I think no problem with the moving spread.  You lock in when you place your picks.  If you have a side bet with someone, I would double check their spreads, if caught intentionally cheating, I think you would lose the bet.  If you pull one over on someone, its their fault.  They was in a bet.  I see that the side bets have been pulled though - probably for the best.

• Forum MVP

So after week 1 everyone is 1-2 lol.  Bookies were almost dead on several of the games that we picked  this week causing some close losses.  Last second failed comebacks doomed Mich state and LSU versus the spread.  Slow starts doomed Ohio State and Georgia as well.  I think most of the top 10 did not cover the spreads this week and bookies likely made bank on Saturday with all of the spread upsets.  Double check your picks but I think these are correct.

BS69 1-2

Rude 1-2

Matt 1-2

Duck 1-2

August 1-2

• Forum MVP

Next week tea and gratefulpair will be picking. They both watch football. Might as well test your insight. If notninh else pick the games u will be watching then if you win say why didn't I drop a bill on it.

Next week I say we do a lock of the week as one of your 3 picks so if u had to only pick 1 game that's your fav. That will be included in overall but I'll also just add a column for that as well. You can do it as your 1st pick or list the lock. I usually have 1 pick that I really like and have to search for the other 2.

• Forum MVP

A&M -34

Auburn +7

Florida -3.5 lock

Waited too late on that Florida spread. Was -3. Big difference there. A&M moved 9 points. Eww. I'm expecting 0-3 this week. All games look bad to me. These spreads are messing with my head.

Archived