College football spread contest

Rude

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

Bama lost to the best team in the country in conference. If you are going to say that either Bama or Georgia sucks b/c they had to play each other I think I'll vomit. Do you notice I gave props to 1 loss USC. A loss to a conference opponent does not mean u suck. By your argument I should argue that the SEC was underrated b/c Georgia and ole miss started out ranked so low as well as LSU. Every conference plays crap out of conference. Don't act like any conference plays great teams b/c it's not true. So what if auburn is average. There's 8 others to replace them.

• Forum MVP

Rude, keep in mind a couple things on that northwestern v Minnesota game: Northwestern does not have a home field advantage, there will likely be nearly as many Minnesota fans as northwestern, and Minnesota has a pretty good defense that should keep it tight.

• Forum MVP

The problem with the computer rankings is that they take point spread into consideration, which can be helpful in wagering but not in determining the best team. Some teams like to run up the score, others run the ball and take a knee

• Forum MVP

Minnesota is around 60th. They don't get blown out. And if u notice the Arizona spread had dropped to -14. I said it was way too large a spread and it moved 3.5 points. But...pretty sure it's b/c their QB was questionable and now he's starting.

And the fact that 4 SEC teams would be favored over Ohio state means nothing I guess. Evidently polls, nfl, rivals and metrics are now biased towards tbe Sec. It's a conspiracy!!!!! Maybe it just has to do with they have the most talent.

Another thing I love is when the SEC did so "poorly" in bowls last year at like 6-6 or something, you do know that for example the SEC 7 will play the big ten 4. The sec never gets to put their 5th best with another's 5th best. The bowls are already set. Sec 8 vs ACC 5 etc. That's the only way it would be fair to other conferences.

• Forum MVP

I see 4 pretty evenly matched selections by conference ranking. Bama v Ohio st. Both 1s. Ole Miss vs TCU (3 v 2) Georgia Tech vs Mississippi st (2 v 2) ND v LSU very similar records. I just don't see what you're talking about when it comes to the losses last year. Same or similar ranking within conference in these games.

• Forum MVP

I believe there are 3 with more talent than Ohio state. Rivals showed 6 SEC teams with a better class than Ohio state this year but that's just 1 class. USC and LSU, Bama and Georgia have more overall than Ohio state if u are just talking talent. If Ohio state goes undefeated they deserve to be in tbe playoff. If they don't, they don't with that schedule. They aren't the best in the country based on this seasons play.

• Forum MVP

I think you underestimate the value of the stars and top end starting talent. This year's class is irrelevant if you have a deep senior led team. Ohio st would win the SEC. I bet run the table even. All SEC teams have looked beatable.

• Forum MVP

I think you underestimate the value of the stars and top end starting talent. This year's class is irrelevant if you have a deep senior led team. Ohio st would win the SEC. I bet run the table even. All SEC teams have looked beatable.

And Ohio state hasn't looked beatable???? Serious?

• Forum MVP

No chance. There are more NFL players on Ohio state than any of the teams you listed. I was watching a recruiting show earlier and they were talking about Alabama's quarterback situation, which isn't great. They had two kids ranked as the number 1 overall quarterback recruit that didn't pan out. Number one ranked in the country? Where are you Philip Simms?

Archived