dead & company tour

gtodeadhead

• Forum MVP

When we partying at pairs house?

He's got a great setup. Not as much in February as going out on the boat wouldn't likely be very enjoyable with the wind hitting you in the face in winter. But we may get in some ice skating on the lake. Bring your blades.
With the right gear, boating in Feburary is glorious.
to quote Magnus the Swede. There is no bad weather, just bad gear.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

Nov 5

Spectrum aka Wells Fargo

Here comes sunshine (shakey , not in a good way like a toddler learning how to walk ... Mayer very quiet on the battle axe but they all find a stride. I was uncomiital. I was hard to watch Mayer so animated on stage. He calmed down.

Loose Lucy like it a lot!, bouncy ....we were having a real good time. So happy to be among the faithful and see the guys there playing and singing. They seem really happy and it showed in the music.

Candyman JM sang as well as the girl behind me. Finally after much gesticulation ( fingers in ears, glare during if I had me a shotgun ;not the friendly kind.... ) she quieted. the nice jam helped too

Mississippi half : hotter, great chops by Chimenti. Feeling a little constricted in these seats but such a great view. Stayed the course as it felt like they were onto something. And I stayed put. Praying for more space

Cumberland on fire seriously I closed my eyes and the delta bravo went away. at this point two seats by the aisle opened and a couple beat me to them. I really wanted and coveted that space. She was feeling full of energy though and eventually they left. Just in time for a beauty.

Birdsong wow just really really lovely. My all time favorite being a little bird and all by name. And there have been times it has been all snow and rain but I sleep in the stars more these days.

Casey Jones I was high on Joe Kayne. We actually had gone to the RR yard once in 92 and I got to drive a locomotive! It was powerful. Not too far. In the night around Christmas family snuck us in. The floor hummed and it felt like I was riding horses many many horses ready to cut loose. Take off the brake as you give it throttle.

set brake. Met James purveyor of the Dead 4 life stickers as he gave us. We watched him give them away for a while. Later I would see him up on the TelePrompter. I am perfecting my Jerry hand sign since I am in the club. Lol.

Hmmmm women r smarter ?? ....no they chose .......

Aiko aiko f@&$ yeah !!! Fun fun fun.

Feel like a stranger

China Rider

Drums ..Mickey made percussive sounds that approach voices.. Hey where are you all going ?

Space reminiscent of a symphony queueing up and entered

playing...... nice nice jamming

Standing on the Moon swooning sweetly sung and played

Sugar Magnolia (devil with the blue dress thrown in there jam)

USBlues

Mayer played well along all these seasoned jammers. He had some surprising licks. We had a ball. Scored a Christmas gift too ! There was a lot of heart that came through the music.

Nice way to get away with my husband. It had been since Blk Mtn. We were duly tempted to go to an after party with JK and share a cab but we were hatching a plan....

• Forum MVP

So the highlights for me were Loser, Sailor/ Saint always always has a special place in my heart. The second set was epic . Fire was a Pele fete.And don't wait til the midnight hour to tell another you love them. Lol even if there is a touch of grey.

What is even better I got Continuing Ed today!! A working party weekend.

• Forum MVP

saturday night was fantastic!

set 1

Shakedown Street (BW) >

I Need A Miracle (BW) >

Cold Rain and Snow (JM)

Tennessee Jed (BW)

They Love Each Other (JM)

Jam > Jack Straw (BW/JM)

set 2

Help On The Way (BW) >

Slipknot! >

Franklin's Tower (JM) >

He's Gone (BW/JM) >

St. Stephen (BW/JM) >

Drums >

Space>

The Other One (BW)>

Stella Blue (BW)

NFA

encore: brokedown (bw/jm)

Quality Stream!  I know it would be tough for DSO to have the critical-mass for something like this, but sure would love to see/hear them in HD if I couldn't make it in 3D. 

• Forum MVP

Setlist:

Dead & Company

First Niagara Center,

Buffalo, NY

– 11/11/15

Set I:

Promised Land

New Minglewood Blues

Bertha

Here Comes Sunshine

El Paso

Althea

U.S. Blues

Set II:

Viola Lee Blues >

Wang Dang Doodle >

Viola Lee Blues >

New Speedway Boogie >

Truckin’ >

Dark Star >

Drums >

Space >

Dark Star >

China Doll >

Sugar Magnolia

Encore: Casey Jones

• Forum MVP

Saw the Bridgestone show last night. We had a lot of fun but musically it was a mess. They transitioned into Stella and Bobby literally stopped playing and threw his hands up in the air and quit playing. Then Mayer did the same. Chimenti started playing it on keys so while Bobby and Mayer discussed how to start the song it wouldn't be quite as awkward. We were like holy shit. I believe that Mayer was out in noodling land and Bobby wanted to do those soft intro notes to Stella and Mayer couldn't figure how to transition to it. A minute after they stopped playing they got on the same page and started the song. I've gotta find this video. Musically the show was a mess 4-5x. The transitions, as I figured, would be very hard for a new deadhead to get. The China rider transition was like when a kid is trying to hammer a circle shape into a square hole. He may end up getting that piece in there eventually but it's not right. I did get a nice speedway and viola which really made my night. Note I had a great time but they were very clunky at times. I could see Bill drum louder as mayer would fall behind some. Of course that creates a very psychedelic affect but I believe it wasn't intentional. We were disappointed with the sound. We were halfway back on the floor and the sound seemed very hollow with no thumping bass at all. Others commented that they could hardly hear the singing as it seemed no where near loud enough. We said that if we liked it enough we were heading to St. Louis tomorrow. We will be staying home.

• Forum MVP

I think as they try to improvise and transition the effect is messy as thread gets lost with John Mayer. I saw times where they pulled it off. It was more textbook perhaps when it did happen but as they wander, Bob and the boys can only carry it so far. I believe JM had gotten confused about what GD jamming entails as they travel further down the road. The Other One was a tragedy in Greensboro. Like a mess of spaghetti. No bass driving the bus. However, the Saturday Night had a life to it I could really appreciate. The acoustic FOTD was just lovely. Crazy Fingers lack the beautiful rain drops at the end. However , Bob held the longest note at the end of Hell in a Bucket ! I was so impressed. Just really awesome to see him slay that. DC was really the best night of what I saw. Philly was pretty spectacular too !

I love the Rhythm Devils. They are just incredible. Always on. I appreciate Bob so much. My loyalty runs deep and any chance to see those guys will send me running. I also believe DSO is so tight as a band and know each other so well it makes for the ultimate musical experience for sure. We are blessed to have them carrying the torch and be so musically creative yet true to the songs and spirit. DSO rocks hard !!

• Forum MVP

The original members are  too old to give it up like they used to and the replacement players are playing the music but unfortunately the music is not playing them ,,, it is what it is  ... the only place your gonna get what your looking for is DSO  ... I really like what I saw on YouTube   , but that will be the only place I'll see this band , mostly because  I don't like shows with thousands of people at them anymore and I'm doctoring for an ear issue and have to  stay away from any amplified music , basically anything loud ... So my advice to you Dead and Co show goers is to  lower your GD music standards  , understand that the original members are not as limber as they used to be and that the new guys don't really have a clue about this music ,,, and enjoy the show !!! :)

• Forum MVP

The original members are  too old to give it up like they used to and the replacement players are playing the music but unfortunately the music is not playing them ,,, it is what it is  ... the only place your gonna get what your looking for is DSO  ... I really like what I saw on YouTube   , but that will be the only place I'll see this band , mostly because  I don't like shows with thousands of people at them anymore and I'm doctoring for an ear issue and have to  stay away from any amplified music , basically anything loud ... So my advice to you Dead and Co show goers is to  lower your GD music standards  , understand that the original members are not as limber as they used to be and that the new guys don't really have a clue about this music ,,, and enjoy the show !!! :)

Couldn't agree more.......so glad I had the opportunity to see the 35 GD shows that I did.

These days it's DSO or bust for me.......

As a veteran Dead Head (Uptown Theater  in Chicago 6 Shows in 1978 when I was 15 for starters) i will offer a slightly different perspective. The show here last Friday in St. Louis was simply fantastic. I am a Dead centric music snob to boot but perhpas I am becoming such a homer in my old age that I just simply ignore the mistakes. The whole show in St. Louis was upbeat, the energy was top shelf the fans were locked in.  John Mayer offered what I thought was a virtuoso performance. The Sugaree was flat out insane, just to name one tune that he killed on. In my opinon, if Mayer was just a newly discovered guy off the street, a discovered phenom if you will, there would not be very much muttering. Simply stated he shredded Friday night.  This band is good. Really as simple as that.  No other way around it. I have to say I loved Fare thee Well also and thought Trey was the key elixir. And Poetry Girl I could not agree with you more:

I love the Rhythm Devils. They are just incredible. Always on. I appreciate Bob so much. My loyalty runs deep and any chance to see those guys will send me running.

Archived