Election 2016

bs69

• Forum MVP

If you're still stuck in the Conservative/Liberal paradigm, you need to wake up.  Both sides work for the same guys.  Both sides play golf and share hookers with each other.  They want to keep us divided amongst this paradigm so we don't think for ourselves and see that both sides have gone wrong.  I'm not saying we need a new party, but we most definitely need a new line of thinking and it has to go beyond. "I'm a social liberal thats fiscally conservative."  Basically, you will vote for either party, but won't consider ideas outside the box.  Stuck in the middle.  Good for you.  

I was a liberal when I was young; I won't argue with Churchill (I know quote misattributed) and I will concede I have become more conservative with age.  I am sure the transformation isn't over, but I've also accepted that I would be more accurately described as a radical.  Maybe peaceful revolutionist.  If we want to have peace, end poverty and hunger, and grow up in a society where every single person has a chance to flourish.  We don't need amendments or small changes to the current system.  We need a complete overhaul. 

I'm not saying those goals are necessarily the most worthy.  

If we like blood for profit, never ending war and conflict, prison for profit, and the enslavement of a portion of the population through wage slavery, we should keep voting Democrat for a few elections and Republican for a few more.  We will privatize more prisons and sell guns to both sides of every conflict that we will continue to foment.  We will never see peace and always get to feel right, as we blame the liberals or conservatives for our problems; when our problems are solely are own.  

I love the soap box.  Maybe an old conservative wants to jump up on top and tell me how comfortable things are.  I doubt we still have any Obama enthusiasts left.  At least Trump makes us laugh.

Would love to but....I am an unhappy camper...smaller Fed government...period

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • Forum MVP

I've felt good about it all since being a young teenager in the late '60s, and realizing that the Sacred Feminine would bring us:

Harmony and understanding

Sympathy and trust abounding

No more falsehoods or derisions

Golden living dreams of visions

Mystic crystal revelation

And the mind's true liberation

Of course, my mother as the living embodiment of It would still need to wash my mouth out with soap once I got too big to be spanked. It seems like a woman's work is never done.

• Forum MVP

I don't agree that this was set up for Trump to win. Hilary is apart of the establishment. Those actually in power can trust status quo more with Hilary. They have the power and means to control and dictate outcomes. Control the media. Control the press. You will decide who wins elections. You simply choose to highlight the positives of one and the negatives of the other. Democracy is an illusion especially when it's a representative democracy. It's designed to keep the people from revolt and rebellion. Foster the belief that things will change with the election. Encourage us to obey laws with the hopes that they may change. Meanwhile, those actually in control laugh on way to the bank without fear that the underclass or proletariat will revolt and destroy their financial means. By the way, I'm not a proponent of rebellion. Status quo been pretty good for Americans. Those in power probably know better than the electorate as to what is best for them and us.

I just don't believe those that run things behind the scenes would allow Trump to win without major concessions and agreements on their part. They already have those with the Clintons.

• Forum MVP

I also think Bernie would have lost to Trump. The establishment would have feared his rhetoric far more than the capitalist Trump. They would have got their concessions and agreements far more easily from Trump than Bernie unless Bernie a bull shit liar like most involved in politics.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

Well, we are on the eve of the election. Remember, no matter how distasteful you find the presidential candidates it is still important to go out and vote. The races and issues further down the ballot likely will have a greater affect on you than the President for the next 4 years. I personally think it will be important in the coming years for a third party to develop to get the two major parties to straighten up, the negative campaigning is out of control and driving people apart.

• Forum MVP

Well, we are on the eve of the election. Remember, no matter how distasteful you find the presidential candidates it is still important to go out and vote. The races and issues further down the ballot likely will have a greater affect on you than the President for the next 4 years. I personally think it will be important in the coming years for a third party to develop to get the two major parties to straighten up, the negative campaigning is out of control and driving people apart.

Lee Atwater....the father of the negative campaign tactic.....

• Forum MVP

Hate to say this, but one thing that ran through my head while I was running a crew for seeing shows, keep in mind 20 trillion dollars in debt:. "they got ideas , but their cash is all spent". Would have liked to have seen every show; however, having to put one and one together to be able to get in rhe show took some planning and resources

• Forum MVP

That FBI move and the media latching onto it really surprised me given my previous analysis. It really changed things. The polls moved significantly.

Congratulations to Trump. I wonder who we bomb first.

Sexism definitely played a roll here.

• Forum MVP

I think what Bernie was saying came to pass, Hillary won the nomination by beating him in states that she had no chance of winning in the general election and she lost the states to Trump where he was stronger. Should be an interesting 4 years, Obamacare definitely on the chopping block.

Archived