Election 2016

bs69

• Forum MVP

Hillary didn't campaign.. Trump campaign ran circles around her .. he was still fighting for Michigan at 1am Election Day with a rally in Grand Rapids 5 hours before thethe polls opened ..he went to Wisconsin over and over where Clinton never stepped foot in .. he held rally after rally in Ohio .. Clinton just held fundraisets in California with Justin Timberlake. ... she has no stamina for the daily grind .. she just thought standing next to Beyonce JZey LeBron Springsteen Deniro would win it for her ... those people are not real life they dont face the real life struggles that people like I and so many of you do every flipping day... the Silent Majority saw her as disrespecting and ignoring them ... the Heartland of our country rose up and spoke

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

It's the same thing that Democrats have been doing with minorities in the inner cities for decades and Republicans have been asking why they keep voting Democrat when they don't do anything to improve their lot.

Even through all his arrogance and macho posturing, Trump still had a look on his face after the victory that said, "Holy shit, this is real! What the hell have I gotten myself into!" Im not big on politics and really didn't have a horse in this race, but I cant help but think "The Donald" is in over his head.

• Forum MVP

I am not going to defend Trump, I don't like him, but I think your perspective is influenced by what you see and hear where you live.

Thats very true.  Im surrounded by uneducated racists and that includes uncles and other white trash relatives.  These people want trump because they think he's going to deal with non whites or whatever.  They are too dumb to reason with.  The N word is used every other sentence.  Others may not see the core trump voter but Im surrounded by them.  These people are voting for trump for 1 reason and its exemplified in the above meme that he retweeted.  One told me that trump will stop those n#@%^^ from protesting. 

Oh I forgot.  Trump will make black athletes have to stand for the national anthem. 

Sites like Breitbart are gaining more and more popularity.  There is an anti-intellectual movement in America.  Being smart is now a negative as you arent a real american.  A real american is a blue collar worker.  If you live in a big city you are an elitist or whatever.  Nonsense rules now.

• Forum MVP

Even through all his arrogance and macho posturing, Trump still had a look on his face after the victory that said, "Holy shit, this is real! What the hell have I gotten myself into!" Im not big on politics and really didn't have a horse in this race, but I cant help but think "The Donald" is in over his head.

Agreed.......I really don't think he has any idea what he has truly gotten himself into. He has not the intellect, the attention-span, the ability to self-reflect nor the experience to effectively pull this off.

It will be sort of fun, though certainly tragic, to watch the buyer's remorse set in a year from now.

• Forum MVP

There won't be buyers remorse. Fox News and right wing sites helped create this anger. They will stop reporting negative news. Stop reporting on every single crime committed by a black person or Mexican and the flock will believe he's solved the problem. They did the same under Bush. The economy was great but obama crashed it. Deficits didn't matter with bush but with obama they mattered.

What's disturbing to me will be the potential cabinet. Guliani is bat shit crazy. General Flynn is pretty much like sheriff Clarke in Milwaukee. They think liberals are the cause of all problems.

Words are enough for many of his followers. No way he wanted to be president. He wanted to cause disorder. He wanted chaos. He wanted to scream rigged election. Comey definitely rigged it against Clinton. Winning the popular vote and dropping 5 points in the polls after that FBI announcement amd Russia providing stolen emails rigged it for him for sure. Now let's see the nonsense promises like eliminating crime and Isis and balancing the budget while spending 1 tril on infrastructure and cutting 10 tril in taxes. The MSM twisted his plans when the smart people know that's the recipe to eliminate deficits. At least there won't be militias having armed marches on Washington. The biggest politician in history now gets to use his business acumen to "fix" the country and make rural America flourish. The swamp won't be drained. There will just be a swamp king and his kids padding their pockets. But then only trump who avoids taxes can fix the tax system. Only someone who scams in business can stop others from scamming. Only an outsourcer can bring jobs back. We live in bizarro world people.

• Forum MVP

I can see by the time of your post that this is keeping you up at night. Remember that things are seldom as good or bad as they seem. One thing that crossed my mind was that I thought the Republicans made a huge mistake by holding off the nomination of the next supreme court justice until after the election, thinking that Clinton would surely win. It looks like they won that gamble. I don't think that Comey hurt Clinton by what he did, it would have been far worse for her if the information had been leaked. The pollsters hurt Clinton by making it seem like she was going to win fairly easily and that probably led to lower turnout among the Dems.

• Forum MVP

1. Obama cabinet is a disaster

2. He wants to be President

and finally im glad that the Liberals have said myself and 59 million other hard working country loving people all are racist sexist scumbags ..

and for so called excepting diversity they refuse to accept our new president elect ... so they cry and complain and riot in the streets ... it is so sad its laughable

• Forum MVP

This about sums it up for me. Politics ...

"I just jumped the watchman, right outside the fence.

Took his rings, four bucks in change, ain't that Heaven sent?"

"Hurts my ears to listen, Shannon, burns my eyes to see;

Cut down a man in cold blood, Shannon, might as well been me."

The barbs, the name calling, the stupid pandering dribble.

"We used to play for silver, now we play for life;

And one's for sport and one's for blood at the point of a knife.

And now the die is shaken, now the die must fall.

There ain't a winner in the game, he don't go home with all.

Not with all."

The best thing I know to do is call your representatives in government and voice your opinions... all the time. Not just every 4 years. And make a difference where you live.

• Forum MVP

1. Obama cabinet is a disaster

2. He wants to be President

and finally im glad that the Liberals have said myself and 59 million other hard working country loving people all are racist sexist scumbags ..

and for so called excepting diversity they refuse to accept our new president elect ... so they cry and complain and riot in the streets ... it is so sad its laughable

Who said all trump supporters were racists?

You definitely don't say what trump promised thinking you will be the president lol. He promised everything will be the best ever. He set himself up for failure. It's pure stupidity. 5% growth in a worldwide recession? Good jobs back to rural America. No sane person would say that. He will eliminate inner city crime. Trust me. Only someone who wants to set up his oppoment for failure makes those claims. He will soon walk back almost all of his promises. Just watch. He will make sure rural America doesn't expect anything soon. He will be like this will be an 8 year process. He has zero excuses. He has all republicans running it all. How about the balanced budget promise. LOL. Tax cuts will demolish that. Tell me something that he will do? The wall? Won't happen. Kill trade agreements? Won't happen. Ann coulter is already threatening revolt if he doesn't build a wall instantly. She's definitely a racist with her vitriol.

Trump ran a nonsense campaign and now he has to deliver. Drain the swamp lol. Down with globalists.

• Forum MVP

Everyone who wants to president makes false promises. I would say making false promises is a sign you do want to be president.

Why does he have to deliver?

No president has successfully delivered on all his promises.

I'm with Matt. Trump wanted to be president. He campaigned really hard.

Let's not get too caught up in this. Change comes from the ground up. It starts by looking in the mirror. We as a people need to stop waiting for government to fix everything and fixit ourselves. I don't think Trump America will be vastly different than what Obama America has been or Hilary America would have been. As long as we keep waiting for government to fix things for government to bring about change, we will be stuck in stagnation.

• Forum MVP

Everyone who wants to president makes false promises. I would say making false promises is a sign you do want to be president.

Why does he have to deliver?

No president has successfully delivered on all his promises.

I'm with Matt. Trump wanted to be president. He campaigned really hard.

Let's not get too caught up in this. Change comes from the ground up. It starts by looking in the mirror. We as a people need to stop waiting for government to fix everything and fixit ourselves. I don't think Trump America will be vastly different than what Obama America has been or Hilary America would have been. As long as we keep waiting for government to fix things for government to bring about change, we will be stuck in stagnation.

LOL funny.  Trump ran on only he can fix America and that he can bring jobs to the depressed areas.  That is not a message of we need to fix it ourselves dude.  He wants to kill trade agreements which is a completely leftist idea.  But then thats nonsense anyway.  Doing that would cost millions of jobs, albeit mostly democrat areas.  He was good at identifying problems.  Its just that now he needs to do something to address them.

On a positive note weed is now legal for most of west coast winter tour.

• Forum MVP

Trump is liar. He can't fix America. Both sides feed you that bull shit so we stay depended upon them.

By the way I wasn't saying trump was advocating for us to fix it ourselves. Nowhere do I believe I imply that he supports that belief.

• Forum MVP

I agree with Rick that real change comes from the ground up.

Second time in 16 years we are seeing a candidate get more votes, yet lose the election--only in America. That does not happen in any other modern democracy. Even Trump himself has railed against the archaic electoral college system,,but maybe he's keeping those thoughts a bit quieter right now...

• Forum MVP

I do think that hate groups will be more emboldened now with Trump winning. It is going to be very important for rational people on both sides of the aisle to nip any nonsense in the bud. People are entitled to their opinion, but they must be made to feel that it is still a minority opinion and they do not have a mandate to spew hate because Trump was elected. Most Trump voters voted for him because of economic circumstance and dislike of Clinton, not because they are bigots.

• Forum MVP

Second time in 16 years we are seeing a candidate get more votes, yet lose the election--only in America. That does not happen in any other modern democracy. ..

We don't live in a democracy; our government is a democratic republic. The idea is the best person in the area will rise to the top and be elected to office and represent that area's views. That is why you need to contact your representatives both House and Senate with your views. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. Ithaca, NY needs are much different from NYC but both a valid. A straight democracy would give cities more leverage than rural areas. If you look at the county maps of each state - the majority of most states voted Republican more rurally and democratic in more urban areas.

South Carolina votes Republican because twice she has lost her main sources of income . Once she recovered from losses in agriculture and the populous ransacked for anything of value with occupation, ( in 1820 per capital the income was $80k; Charleston was the third largest port in the colonies; the turn of the century pellagra was rampant; in 1940, the railroad was turning away from Charleston until the city was saved with creation of the Ports Authority; the best rice you will ever eat is Carolina Gold rice) SC lost all the textiles to China and overseas. The rest of the country is feeling those losses now too. Most people I know here are really social liberals and fiscal conservatives.

I couldn't vote for a misogynistic, capricious, ignorant demagogue.i think his hair is perfect for his new name, I have for him, the Straw Man. Hopefully he is not full of straw and will step up to the job.

Archived