Cumberland Blues

Stranger
Help>Slip>Franklin's
Drums>Space
Sailor>Saint
Going Down the Road Feeling Bad
Morning Dew

Box Of Rain

Excellent show. For a tour opener, sure sounded great to me. A couple hiccups during Black Throated and Morning Dew, but otherwise top notch.

Beautiful night in Eugene. Great to see THE BUS sitting in a meadow in the sunshine. Zane Kesey, Sam Cutler, Mountain Girl, Prankster kiddies...the works. Tons of dancing room, beautiful weather, moon shining overhead. Just exactly perfect.

• Forum MVP

Oh yeah- that's how we get back truckin on, kids! Smoking from the sound check (I had a good dance warmup on the lawn to the NFA and lay down Sally) and I did a new thing- took a nap on lot! Beautiful grassy hill of a park right outside of the gates and when I closed my eyes nothing was shaking but when I opened them-BAM! It was crowded with hipster tricksters and this chickster felt like I was waking into the most perfect dream we dreamed one afternoon- THANK YOU SKIP!!!! I love your box so much- I knew you wouldn't make me beg too much and I am glad we got this outta the way ;) hehe- seriously, great box, but let's rewind.....

The it's all over now was really quirky and silly fun. I think I made am impression on the older folks cause all these sexy white haired goddesses kept coming up to me and saying the kindest most heartwarming things to me- this crowd was the best! I had 2 diff lil girls come bless my rail spot and one even bee bopped with me pretty good! Also had a sweet dreadie mama n her lil blond baby come play rail rat and we had a great time giggling- the slipknot made him duck for cover in the boobs and he was out and she was free to dance ;)

This really must be heaven!

The black throated meant a lot and was very touching. Skip nailed Tom Thumb down perfectly and the lay down Sally had the place stomping so hard- and made me glad that I am becoming an expert at leaving while still wanted ;)

Big railroad mama tried Cumberland?!?!? YES please!!! Smoking sexy firing way to close the set- the crowd was putty in their hands! Sooooo good!

Stranger brought us back just right- gotta get down the road feeling good! More soon!

• Forum MVP

Back home, sit down and patch my bones after 15 hrs of travel time RT for this one show. Was it worth it? Of course, F-yeah it was worth every bit of it...getting to see old and new friends, dance to some kickass live GD, have plenty of space wherever you went,,good energy wherever you went,,and to be outdoors under a big ol waxing moon on the loveliest Equinox-time evening you could imagine made it all so worth it.

Gotta dig the valet bicycle parking set up right by the entrance serving all the people just pouring in on their bikes...hell yeah. I was thoroughly impressed with the turnout on this scene for a Thurs night in such a large venue (holds 5000) and it felt like it was probably half full so perhaps 2500 there which is way impressive for Eugene weeknight. It actually felt full but wasn't densely packed...spaciousness everywhere amongst people everywhere. People made it happen...of the handful of random peeps I met,,there were folks from Seattle and Tri-Cities Washington as well as all corners of Oregon...proving that plenty of people were willing to put in a few miles for this hit...

Musically very solid and fun throughout but not a total mind bender type of show. Felt like a great 'get back in the groove' tour opener kinda gig and everyone having a good time in a mellow Eugene kinda way.

When they stepped on stage and then Jeff made some funny faces that made it clear to us that a Shakedown was gonna drop in hard...fun dance party up front at miss Velvet Thunder's post...shakedown got good and raunchy for a bit and stirred the pot. By a few songs in it became more crowded up in there and time to disperse to outer areas. Loser was powerful and from Sally all the way to Cumberland was a fun dance ride.

Franklins launched into some upper elevation beauty for sure and ending the set with Dew created some potent punctuation for a cool evening.

Been catching DSO mostly in OR and WA for the past 10 yrs and this was my first outdoor show--finally!! I can't describe what a beautiful afternoon and evening it was ...truly felt like the last day of summer and hit 80 degrees that afternoon which I reckon won't happen again until next May. Some early fall rain came along today after last nights show to water it all in...

Would love more DSO at Cuthbert but not sure how likely that is. This show also made me crave a 3-4 day DSO camping festival out in Oregon some time. Would love to camp out and party with that crowd for a few days of blissful music and dance...hey, it doesn't hurt to dream, right?

Wish I could be at Ashland but stoked I will be able to journey down for Fox and Regency shows,,,

Finally, this tour is up and going!

• Forum MVP

Help slip frank and sailor Saint AND morning dew in the 2nd set- especially w the sailor Saint outta space?!?! Whoa, now DSO, u can't go stealing faces on the very first night of tour, however will we see to make it to the next show?!?!

This show was so amazing and the help slip franklins was exactly what I had been wanting since I was in Hawaii- cause I was seriously gonna stay there forever until the Wandering Moon showed up as help on the way and let me know that i needed to fly home ASAP so I can be here to ring that mystic towers bell and keep tossing this skeleton covered in flesh about for others to benefit. Glad to be home. This was an epic "oh, so I do really need this music in my life regularly, live and LOUD!" Reminding show.... I really won't ever be able to stay away... Something about the missions in the rain we all have to face... I have never been going down the road feeling so GOOD! Being just a girl- well, now there are 2 of us, but still girls!- is the best way I have ever toured! And not having a car and just searching out a ride to the next show is the best way to keep going down the road- adds flavor and involves the community more. Stellar.

The Dew did us all in. I could feel everyone's electric energy- there was one Weirdo who stated a clap with about 5-10 other dudes around us and it was pretty out of place feeling when the one guy kept going w it thru the jams.... Really awkward! But oh well, that clap was prolly the only thing gluing that dude to the planet during a performance like this so who am I to cut him off? Beautiful, soaring notes and a perfect night in a venue full of love, tie dyes and rainbows.

I like heckling Skip for his box so maybe he will keep doing it the first night of tour so I can't bug him anymore but I DOD give my signal and he DID deliver one hell of an encore!!!

Love love love and if I hadn't had a feeling I just couldn't miss grass valley I may have stayed in Oregon- but the pot of gold was calling me over the rainbow as usual and I couldn't help but hop in for the night drive!

Maybe I should stay on perma tour a while......... Hmmmmm.... Nothing left to do...

Archived