Dso acoustic

Tom Banjo

• Forum MVP

That Bloomington accoustic had the band talking with the tiny crowd which was a nice change of pace from the dead style isolationism on stage. I enjoyed it. That being said it was short and lacked the drumming and overall loudness I prefer.

• Forum MVP

That bloomington show had the best "time warp" feel to it as any show ive seen DSO play. Could have really been a University show from '70. Dont know if it was just the fact that it was acoustic, or the venue itself or just a combo of everything. Also could have just been my mindset that evening. Also it was my first live reuben and cherise. I understand that there is a huge difference between an electric/acoustic DSO show experience. But sign me up for either. Plus im a big acoustic fan. I like how they announce them ahead of time. I could see a crowd expecting a rocker blowout and getting a sweet acoustic could lead to disappointment for some people. Just not me

• Forum MVP

I'm not a huge proponent of the acoustic show but I'm on tour for the first 5. I'm not just going to skip the gig and hang at the koa cause it acoustic. I'm sure with the rarities and the ripple/broke down factor. I will enjoy myself tonight. Just not going to ride the lightning.

The TXR acoustic show this year was fantastic...the Weather Report Suite with Barry Sless on pedal steel was sublime...along with a raging Moonlight Midnight...I had mixed feelings going in regarding the acoustic show and it turned out to be one of my favorite shows of the year...

Archived