Ft Collins

Tea

• Forum MVP

Elective

Set One: Scarlet Begonias ; Beat It On Down The Line ; Next Time You See Me ; Ramble On Rose ; Jack Straw ; Easy Wind ; Unbroken Chain ; They Love Each Other ; Big Boy Pete ; Playing In The Band

Set Two: Here Comes Sunshine > Good Lovin' ; Tomorrow Is Forever ; Mama Tried ; Cryptical Envelopment > drums > The Other One > Cryptical Envelopment > Truckin' > China Doll > Johnny B. Goode

Encore: Lonesome And A Long Way From Home

• Forum MVP

Im not sure ya could. I thunk youd be dancing in the back dodging the drink getters and the bathroom users and trying to maintain the greatest distance you could from the bar talkers. Other options includes ass to nuts on most of the floor or all the way up front for a little mosh pit spin style.

The aggie was one of the worse venue experiences I've had in a long time. Denver and Boulder are full of young college kids. Young college kids usually spend a few songs drinking and talking in complete disrespect of the music but something beautiful usually happens. By setbreak some of them leave for whatever reason, but more importantly, the kids start to dance. I mean get down and feel the groove. The same kid that didn't seem to get it during promised land is shaking it out to Samson. This didn't happen here at the Aggie. These kids just continued to talk and drink. Very little dancing occured. Sadly, from most, I hardly even saw a hip shake boogie.

It's all gravy though. You have to catch as many as you can because you never know what night the space, music, and mind will all come together to lead you to those most magical places. I got to see some real magic this tour and I have a choice. I choose not to let the shit show at the Aggie bother me or take away from the mystical experience DSO gave me over the last few weeks. See you kids although sparingly out East.

• Forum MVP

I tried hard to get reviews up but have failed. I feel like today is the first day I noticed tour was over and I can barely open my eyes..... But tomorrow is forever so see u guys then..... Mama mama many worlds I've come since I first went on this tour but I think I can manage some insightful reflections in a day or so..... These shows were so good...... Grass valley, Arcata, Ashland, Boulder..... Damn that Redwood city show was really amazing.... Sigh..... Dreamt that Eaton had to read lyrics from a piece of paper in my hand..... And that the music never stopped..... And that we do it again really really soon. Maybe fly out for thanksgiving run and for sure doing New Years run!!! Kisses!

• Forum MVP

Nice work SVT,,,

Sure being on tour is a blast,,but at the same time there ain't nothin easy about hitting every show in a tour--especially with the kind of pace that DSO keeps...

Inspiring that there are people around like yourself who are able and willing to hit it that hard

• Forum MVP

Yeah.... There is nothing about DSO that eases one in but at the same time I can make myself easy cause when my friends come around I realize I was just a little nervous from the fall so having the girls there- like the picture?- was really the only way I got by. We wouldn't have survived the darkness in some men's eyes and crossed to the other side of the rainbow full of sound along the lazy river road to that highway between the dawn and the dark of night without each other. Sisters are special and brothers make it fun ;) we can all be together....

Going where the wind blows, they're never gonna miss us............

• Forum MVP

Ed,

500 shows later. I may not be as impressive as the SVT but certainly gone are the days I've stopped to decide. I go see DSO anywhere I get the chance. I don't catch them all anymore as life and whatnot prevents but the venue is never a whatnot. The place sure did suck though.

• Forum MVP

We had great dance space first set and second set was better than some place so...... Def worth going and was an amazing show!!!! Only bittersweet as it was the last but hey- we will do this again! The sound- especially skip- almost broke my eardrum so- granted I was in front of a speaker and it was prolly due to the shitty arrangements the venue forces so I am not complaining just relating my experience!

Scarlet was a perfect way to even the last show and I shook the hand of a cute Buddhist lady during the shaking hands part ;) BIODTL came outta nowhere and we made the most of our dance space.... By easy wind we were spinning and wiggling in bliss!!!! The unbroken really hit home and that TLEO was my fave- really unique and fun fast version. Big boy Pete was sooooooooo good! Set stealer! A final playin, sigh....... Divine!

Here comes sunshine was so beautiful and that good lovin..... Hot damn I actually covered my eyes and blushed as Rob rapped about cherry pies and gave us the ol' dollar n a quarter..... Jeff saw me do it and I had a funny moment of fun showtime horror that these guys take this music to that level!!!! So dirty and just like Pig!

Tomorrow is forever has been my fave song this tour- got 3!!!!! Stuck in my head since the second time and now it is inscribed in my heart. So heavenly and true and real and perfect!!!!! Oh, Lisa, you really are a goddess!!!!!!

Mama tried was more amazing fun and I really felt it in a deep way- rounded out tour in some deep sobriety and in that mindset I became deeply grateful to have refused many of the "right" ways.......

Cryptical was marvelous and the drums were very special and on point in there.... Other one to blow you mind back to wrap it up cryptically and then we were reminded to get back truckin on in a way that has obviously stuck. Yes, ok, I am in! Best tour ever! Til the next!

China doll brought me to my knees. Ahhhhhhhhh. Instead of around squared they did Johnny and that was alright by me!!!!

Lonesome was the best tour closer for the best tour and I feel lonesome and a long way from home now that it is over. So Imma write more reviews and live in the past a few more moments in the interest of spreading light and love before letting it go and embracing the next moment.

Archived