2/22  Louisville – Mercury Ballroom

2/25  St Louis – The Pageant

2/26  Cincinnati – Taft Theatre

2/27  Indy – Egyptian Room

2/28  Columbus – LC Pavilion

3/1  Cleveland – House of Blues

3/3-4  Chicago – Vic Theatre

3/5  Milwaukee – The Riverside

Whatcha Got?  The 3 in NC is likely all for me although if I can do one more it will be Charleston.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

Hopefully Florida. The treatment is better than last year. I have a major family obligation that following week but will try to pull it off. It shouldn't be a bridge too far.

Everything else looks like a relentless trek into the cold.

• Forum MVP

Ho-lee- shit. Louisville is on the list this year. Been a while i know. Havent stopped there since ive been on the bus. Will have to check a calender but louisvill thru columbus look possible as a little 5 show run. Think the boys will even be able to get 3 this time. Lville, cincy and indy. Love the annual egyption room. Cant freakin wait. Especially since im on the bench until then. Blk mountain thru february is a hell of a dry spell

• Forum MVP

Cincy>Columbus, maybe Louisville.

New venues in Cincy and Columbus this year. Switching from the sardine can to theater with seats, always a tough call which is better.

I think I prefer the wide open space of the Egyptian room, now if they could just clean up the Entry process

• Forum MVP

LC Pavillion have seats? Seating chart looked vague.

The taft looks so big that if they let us use the aisle ways and other open spaces and given the density of freak out dancers in cincy, I think we will have plenty of space to dance.

• Forum MVP

Looking forward to the extra room. The Madison in Covington had become unbearable. I might actually have a couple drinks in Columbus this year not living in fear of having to make that trek to the restroom

• Forum MVP

I will skip Jamaica and do this tour. Seems practical, friendly, and well timed. I can't help but to only visit my biological family when DSO goes nearby- so they will be happy ;) been waiting for the tour to be announced and I am thrilled! If it wasn't so cold and I didn't have super awesome obligations out here I would already be on relatively permanent tour but I gotta miss most of this one coming up- but Winter 2016-

I am in! See ya where I see ya!

PS: thank you to all the tour heads and forums heads that made it even register that one can tour this band and then also for helping me in a million ways to do so successfully. I literally could not post reviews of go to the shows they are about without all of you guys!!!! Kiss kiss!!!!

• Forum MVP

Mango tired of the midwest (really the mideast) a long time ago.  I don't think he cares much for Indiana, Ohio, Illinois.  We all make the annual trek to Black Mountain (essentially Asheville).  If you've been to the Orange Peel lately, you know it is way too crowded and doesn't make for the greatest of times.  I've never been to Athens and going places I've never been appeals to me and the venue sounds all right.  Capacity may be concern at 1000 but only a few bar stools for seats as the place is for standing and dancing as per their website.  I'm not quite sure why he isn't interested in Florida.  I'm sure he will come back to explain.  This looks to be an active tour for me.  I think I will tack Athens on to the end of the FL run.

• Forum MVP

I've got great crew in St. Louis, Indianapolis, Columbus and Lorain (Cleveland suburb).  No point on missing Chicago x 2 on way home despite the non-dancing talkative hipster crowd that inhabits the VIc.  

I think some people may be seeking more balance.  I'm boring of the balance and really enjoyed being back on the road.  I can't wait to get me some more.

• Forum MVP

If I get my eggs unscrambled Florida run interesting. ..my school district is on a winter break that weekend. ..

Cinci Indy Columbus possible ..

and Cleveland on a Tuesday in March...

still thinking bout the Pittsburgh show coming up here November 12th

Rick & Chuck lets stay in touch ..

• Forum MVP

Balance= shows + smiles...... What other kind of balance is there? What is there to weigh? What else is there to do!?!? (Seriously, someone tell me something to do with my life other than tour DSO! If it actually presents more balance, I am in!)

Kiss kiss! Mango- what's the point in callin shots? Aren't u comin around? ;)

• Forum MVP

I definitely like to spend time learning and reading and growing.  Tour life can make that tough in some ways.  I'm also somewhat concerned with finding self-reliance that can't be found in the McDonalds bag on the road or even in shopping at the health food store.  I have some other interests and pursuits that I find fulfilling, but currently, I feel the road a calling.  I'll try my best to focus on my other pursuits in the meantime and downtime.  East Coast fall will be slim so winter tour seems like a good time to spread my wings.  

I still see you kids at the Peak.  Its a must.  Also, I feel a one night return to the shit dump known as the 930 club coming.   

Archived