2016 Winter Tour....

Tea

• Forum MVP

This full tour is on my radar in a big way- like, all my plans atm are preparing me to make it to this epic string of shows. Gonna spend a few months snuggling up and sewing everything up tight then ride out east and have the right coast reunions I have been looking for these last few years. Wanted to make it out today, but sometimes promises are broken and we have to shift around. Girl tour was awesome but there ain't no bread in the breadbox when you ain't got no dough and I've been working so hard for oh so long and what have I got to show? Just another face in the crowd on a dead end street. So I peaced out and left the girls to it and will be back solo or with this sweet guy I inevitably picked up if he can stand me still after spending the winter cuddled up ;) show me something built to last? U will see them though, high rollers and all. This little girl is moving on!

What a trip. But it was kinda short and though strange- also just a lot of pure bliss. Still in Vegas after Dead n Co- which was surprisingly fun! Gonna find a car and leave Las Vegas and find our own way home.

Thanks DSO, thanks family, thanks dork stars. Without you all I wouldn't still be here. Please keep helping their troubles burst like bubbles, I know u know just what to do!!!

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

You are supposed to smack my across the face with a shoe, Mango!!! Gabe was supposed to as well but everyone LOVES the kid so much all I am getting is thumbs up..... At least from those that care about us and not just themselves! At my tour moms atm and I have never seen her enjoy any guy that her 4 daughters or I have ever brought home- yet here we are having the best times and playing with my tour nephew loving life. The days between just went from confusing to life may be sweeter for this..... I don't know. But the discovery is the fun of it!

Mango, your curried oatmeal quinoa fed us all thru girl tour and is still feeding us- Tour mom was so impressed! Thanks!

Grateful for you all and all of your trips and conceptions and mind bending assertions that propel us all to the moon... And beyond!

Kiss kiss, can't wait to find myself in a front row w all of u soon!

We need Biz cards for forums- a hey, now, welcome with the site, a space for the current members handle that is giving it out etc- would sure help get the kids excited! Anyone in? I am down to get it together but maybe need some permission to use a DSO logo? I could post image be print n we can all approve ;) then I can just have em shipped to someone in each region to distribute to all of us to distribute to those we meet that need to know.... What do u think?

• Forum MVP

Indy - yes

Columbus - yes .... the days of the Newport may have come to and end ... thank goodness.... been seeing shows there since 1985 ...

Cinci - no

Cleveland - yes

Florida run .... 50/50 as of today ....

I need to make up for the fumble I had Vegas and Phoenix way ... :unsure:

Sort of upset that it's cinci then Indy. If indi was after St. Louis I'd be there. Never been to dso in indi and I like trying a new venue.

• Forum MVP

Indy big open dance space. I've always wished it sounded a touch better in there but great place to see dso. Be careful bringing in illegals. I've seen them check shoes here.

But My Indiana driver license helps! If I am not mistaken you may have Colorado...that ain't legal in this state mister credentials.

• Forum MVP

I bought all my tix. Made my reservations. Family friendly leg (with the boys) is louiville cincy and indy. The adult portion will take place in columbus/cleveland. Last year at the newport was my first time there. Getting in was a mess. Hoping new place is a big upgrade? Will be my first shows since blk mtn also

• Forum MVP

I bought all my tix. Made my reservations. Family friendly leg (with the boys) is louiville cincy and indy. The adult portion will take place in columbus/cleveland. Last year at the newport was my first time there. Getting in was a mess. Hoping new place is a big upgrade? Will be my first shows since blk mtn also

I want to do cinci badly but it's a 5 hour dive after big St Louis party. Moonrise next door with amazing beers on tap until 3am and my hometown crew coming = hangover.

• Forum MVP

For me it was st louis OR columbus. Not both. The deciding factor was adding cleveland. 2 shws>1 show. Although i love how the moonrise in st louis is right next door. Really allows one to let it all hang out. So much so in fact, the 1 time i was there i walked thru a very clearly marked fire door at the pageant setting off fire alarm, then less than 10 minutes later almosst walked thru same door from the opposite side. Good times.

• Forum MVP

Well we go to this show with 6-8 friends and we usually get lunch the next day. A 5 hour drive after that and rushing to get to the show likely isn't in the cards. but it's a long ways off still so only 1 run plus Chicago and The Lou assured locked in so far.

• Forum MVP

New venue in Cincy also. I have not been to the Taft since seeing the black crows there in the early nineties. Will be a bigger venue, but not too keen on a theater with seats. Sound should be very good however.

• Forum MVP

New venue in Cincy also. I have not been to the Taft since seeing the black crows there in the early nineties. Will be a bigger venue, but not too keen on a theater with seats. Sound should be very good however.

Eww seats?? Well that will likely seal the deal.

• Forum MVP

A Merry Christmas to all in a place that makes me laugh out loud and shares a love of the greatest music around May you all be blessed with loved ones drawing near over these holidays. I wish I could be around for NYE and share the joy. Big hugs !!!

! can hardly wait for the dancing in February that'll come this way......in the meantime, installing a better heater in the Westie. ;D

• 4 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

Looks like I'll be doing Asheville, Raleigh Charlotte and St. Louis, cinci and indi. No Chicago but stil a solid 10 day stretch of shows thanks to the kindness of others. Will be a 1st doing indi and that cinci venue even though not a 1st time seeing DSO in cinci. I should be in amazing show shape by the indi show

• Forum MVP

The Travel Lodge across the Ohio in Newport Kentucky should have reasonable prices and it's taxi close if not walking distance from the Taft. Taft is only 4 blocks from the bridge over the Ohio that leads to Newport Kentucky and the Travel Lodge is right where the bridge let's off. Some folks here might remember the two night stands Phish used to play at US Bank Arena? The Taft is a few blocks from there.I'm sure people doing this show have good friends they already have plans. Just throwing out some options.

Archived