2016 Winter Tour....

Tea

• Forum MVP

Indy.. big room big stage good times

Columbus ..no more Newport moving off campus to nice new venue .. Sunday show ..never miss a Sunday show ..go visit Ohio Stadium ...106,000 ... I always try to sneak in a few of the secret entrances

Cleveland.. Tuesday night ..no Cavs home game that night which is nice less headaches...

count me in for those 3 ..no more no less

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

Man my dumbass didnt realize there was a day in between col/cle. Had a big guys trip planned to leave sunday come home tuesday. Had to send a mass text explaining that due to my incompetence the trip was going to take an extra day and that i was already committed but id understand if people couldnt swing the extra day away from work, wives, and kids. So far no backouts. We will see. Last year was first columbus show. Sneaking into the stadium would be cool as hell.

• Forum MVP

Duck is correct.

Rude, we will have to get you a nice new Ohio State hoodie for being such a good sport during the football season when you come to Columbus.

Not doing Columbus. And I never had anything against Ohio state until summer 95 people broke out our window and stole my bag with 12 dead tickets and all my clothes staying at a friends overnight on way to Pittsburgh. Ever since I've hated Columbus. Plus Columbus is where the cops harass u after jubilee. One of the worst experiences of my life happened there and I can still feel the emotions of that morning to this day.

• Forum MVP

It's too expensive to stock up on all the weapons I need to keep me safe in Columbus. Plus the more I go through there the better the odds that the football players rob me again. I assume the football team still commits most of the crimes in town.

• Forum MVP

I've been to Columbus over 10 times.  I have very dear friends (some might say family) in the Columbus area.  I am so sorry that you had a nasty experience, but trust me, some of the locals (not the college kids) are some of the finest people I've ever met.  You need to get over the locale.  Nasty shit can happen anywhere.  I try to go back to all the places I've had nasty experiences.  Go again and a different experience will ensure.  I'm sure if you want back to Columbus the people would shed a little light to help you get over the darkness.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

Getting pumped for the cold legs of the tour!!! 13 days till 1st show. Been a long time since I rocknrolled!!! This has been my longest stretch without a show since I really started seeing them in 2012. 6 shows in 10 days or 8 in 16 if I do Chicago(doubtful) should rejuvenate my soul!! Please no snowstorm to delay my flight!!!!! Last year a foot of snow right before the trip scared the hell out of me. The airport was closed Tuesday. Wednesday still many cancellations and Thursday I flew out.

I'm doing Milwaukee for sure. You need a wristband to be up front and they only hand out so many. Last time there was plenty of room to breathe and dance. Conveniently there is a Hilton a block away.

Will say though, I really miss the Pabst, the energy in there, especially in the front seat section, was off the charts!

I can't get the quote function to work.

"non-dancing talkative hipster crowd that inhabits the VIc."

This is sad and I'm glad I didn't notice last July. I may do the Friday. Metra train in, hostel, Metra out, drive up to Milwaukee.

• Forum MVP

I hope the cool kids have fun during the FL spin - seems like a no-brainer if you have the ways and means. Have a blast guys!

Looking forward to my turns on the thrill-ride and for the chance to see and boogie down with some really, really, really good people.

I think I need that almost as much as the music right now. I'm guaranteed at least 10 belly-laughs per day

• Forum MVP

I think the cool kids be in North Carolina.

It seems like Florida is going to have a good group of used to be cool kids.  The combined DSO show total of those I'm traveling with on this run is nothing short of impressive.  We can probably get 3 people together with a combined DSO show total over 1,000.  Unfortunately, with age comes a loss of hipness.  We just aren't that cool anymore.

• Forum MVP

I think the cool kids be in North Carolina.

It seems like Florida is going to have a good group of used to be cool kids. The combined DSO show total of those I'm traveling with on this run is nothing short of impressive. We can probably get 3 people together with a combined DSO show total over 1,000. Unfortunately, with age comes a loss of hipness. We just aren't that cool anymore.

You are getting up there in age. Expect a punch for really making us feel old. Last night I had to hear "omg I'm so old. I'm almost 24". Made me realize I'm more than halfway to the grave. Fun times.

Archived