Jubilee

oysterhead

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

Last year i took a giant heavy duty cart. Wasnt bad going down the hill but by the bottom i was basically running from it. Going back up monday trying to push loaded cart on gravel path i deducted id rather carry and make multiple trips than to almost die pushing that damn cart.

• Forum MVP

Call me when ya hit the festival. We rally troops gear not so bad.

sweet. Have that golf cart ready at 10:30am on Friday. Sure beats having to pull 250 pounds on a rickety dolly.

1st year we were on the top ridge and drove our car into the grounds on Monday to pack up. Got chastised a tad for it but there were so few people still there was no biggie. Last year we were as far as you could possibly be from parking and we ain't getting any younger or stronger. Luckily I got a lift for my gear on Monday. Others in my party weren't as fortunate.

• 4 weeks later...

Just been given absolutely terrible news. My son is graduating high school memorial weekend. On Saturday night..No way in hell wife let's me miss it. This will be the first Jubilee I will be unable to attend. I'm heart broken. With kids in all ages still in the house, seeing shows isn't always easy. Since Jubilee is in the backyard it makes it much easier. It's my once a year salvation. ..I just wanna cry...and I know as it gets closer I'm gonna be torn up inside. I guess to make up for it I will be allowed a small getaway to catch DSO somewhere. Hoping for a helpful schedule in spring or summer to get to a 2 day stop ...maybe we can get Springfield back on the tour stop.....oh well hate to be a downer on a new years run but had to vent. Have a happy new years and be safe everyone. I'll be seeing you somewhere down the line :)

• Forum MVP

I feel ya - My son's 7th birthday is on that Friday. Not sure it would be wise to miss it this year so I might have to skip Jubilee this go around. We'll see.....

Wtf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

U just say guess what son. We are doing your birthday early this year. Your son will be ecstatic!!!! Early presents.

• Forum MVP

Maybe I'll do a Sunday Funday deal. Get lucky and catch the rager on Sunday night. Hopefully they will do one tix for a decent rate. I think it was 80 last year for Sunday only.

80 bucks is a no brainer!!!! It's the 1 time of year you can see all the stragglers who don't catch as many shows anymore. It's pretty cool to see 50 people you know at a venue. Was thinking about jubilee 1 and we knew nobody. Still it was my fav one. Our own private festival that year and all the wusses left after night 1 Leaving only the die hards. Those were like my 4-6th show. I was a baby but was hooked from then on.

• Forum MVP

Thats funny. Jubilee 1 was like my 3-5 show. Most unprepared for bad weather id ever been. Took it on with an el cheapo EZ up and lawn chair. battled to keepbit standing all night just to find in the morning the field of campers had turned into a graveyard of abandoned tents and shelters that were just beat down twisted piles of trash. Definitely felt a bond with those that stuck it out and made the best of a less than perfect situation. Alot of people helping people rebuild. The best collection of people in one place. Jubilee 1 ranks right up there with 3 days in vegas as far as sleep deprivation.

• Forum MVP

Jubilee 1 was the last I was able to attend because they moved to Memorial Day after that. I coach on my son's travel baseball team and we always have a tournament that weekend. This year I believe I have it worked to play a tournament in the Columbus area and was thinking about getting a pass and coming for the shows at night. How is it to get in and out on a nightly basis?

• Forum MVP

Thats funny. Jubilee 1 was like my 3-5 show. Most unprepared for bad weather id ever been. Took it on with an el cheapo EZ up and lawn chair. battled to keepbit standing all night just to find in the morning the field of campers had turned into a graveyard of abandoned tents and shelters that were just beat down twisted piles of trash. Definitely felt a bond with those that stuck it out and made the best of a less than perfect situation. Alot of people helping people rebuild. The best collection of people in one place. Jubilee 1 ranks right up there with 3 days in vegas as far as sleep deprivation.

1st year I had this massive army canvas type tent. We slept like babies and awoke to see all the carnage from the ultra light tents. We decided to bring it to jubilee 2 but I didn't let it properly dry from the hurricane and the old stitches rotted. We barely kept her together and had to dispose of her after. RIP old girl.

Jubilee 1 was the last I was able to attend because they moved to Memorial Day after that. I coach on my son's travel baseball team and we always have a tournament that weekend. This year I believe I have it worked to play a tournament in the Columbus area and was thinking about getting a pass and coming for the shows at night. How is it to get in and out on a nightly basis?

Cake walk. No issues whatsoever. Tons of parking. Easy in and out.

• Forum MVP

I would stay breathalyzer legal if I was driving too and from the venue with a car that doesn't smell like the chimney.  With kids, I would bet these aren't really the issues you're concerned about.  Like Rude said, plenty of day parking and easy in and out to the highway.

• Forum MVP

It will be a clean car. I may try to pull it off schedule permitting. I once did a hookah fest there that DSO played two nights staying in Columbus. Saw DSO in the afternoon, then Rush at Polaris that night. Then back for DSO the next day. Wasn't too bad.

Archived