Jubilee

oysterhead

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

I was always in.  That was never in doubt but I love seeing Hot Tuna on there plus that DSO Melvin JGB set.  

I may try to get to the stage for some shows other than DSO this year.  My buddy recently gave me shit cause I rolled doobies at camp during JGB last year.

• Forum MVP

Ive had my ticket but i think im as excited about the hot tuna sets as i have been for any supporting act at a jubillee yet. And since the boys probably cant go im really going to have to watch my intake to avoid an involuntary nap at the wrong time.

• Forum MVP

It will be interesting to see where the sets fall maybe acoustic tuna before dso and then electric tuna after. I bet yonder or salmon does late night one night. Tough for me to come back downhill after trek up it. I get so comfortable at camp.

• Forum MVP

Hot tuna, Rumpke Mt. Boys, JGB set with Melvin. There's a lot to like in that lineup.

R U kidding me? Hot f'n Tuna!!! Electric and Acoustic!!!

Was turned on to them at same time by same person who was playing Live Dead "cranked up" into the quad at Stony Brook in 76.

Oh the days...Asbury Park when they played with Papa John Creach...but I digress;

Memorial Day is so troublesome for me which is y I only made memorable Jubilee 1... For what it's worth to who it's worth the lineup released to date highlighting DSO X 3 x N (N for various sub configurations and appearances) Hot Tuna, Yoder, Rumpkie (awesome at Jubilee 1) et al is making my head spin.

Side note: Was able to play Eyes as sub teacher in class today in high school "industrial arts" as the children...excuse me students filled out a word search puzzle on wood working tools. ...but it's all right.

See some of you soon...

• Forum MVP

The September 73 tour I'm working my way through has Eyes at I think 8 of the 10 shows.  Several with horns.  

Hope you can make it 2much.  It would be good to see ya there.  

I too am excited for Hot Tuna.  I definitely think I'll find my way down while they are playing.

• Forum MVP

Im in the works of getting the RV down to family camping .... take that flipping hill out of the equation.... no hill =easier access to stage = more music to enjoy

Well I won't see u in Columbus but will at jubilee and will be prepared with bottled water. I think Tea and I drank 3 bottles each 1st set. I realize I'm not dehydrated, but need the water to cool down my overheating body.

• 1 month later...

The DSO melvin sets will get my full attention. I usually am entirely too tired to dance more than just DSO, but a good Jerry round, especially since guest players are joing melvin.......hopefully speed his ass up, and bring back some of the good Gospel!!!

I'm really excited about this too. With dso and Melvin together I'm hoping for a "The night they drove ol dixie down, or a lonesome and long way from home, or anything jgb really! Can't wait to see everybody!

Archived