Jubilee

oysterhead

• Forum MVP

The DSO melvin sets will get my full attention. I usually am entirely too tired to dance more than just DSO, but a good Jerry round, especially since guest players are joing melvin.......hopefully speed his ass up, and bring back some of the good Gospel!!!

With the initial band not showing up last year I went and danced to DSO and friends on Friday. It was definitely ill advised as the gas tank started running dry during DSO. I've trained my body to survive dancing 4 hours and not a minute more and that hour extra earlier not counting all the packing in of gear and setting up camp, was a bit too much. If jubilee was this weekend I'd be good to go as my cardio is now top notch, but sloth will set in and I'll have to deal with the reset of my physical condition back to pre winter tour condition.

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Jubilee is one of my favorite events every year. Its always easy to get the time off of work. The challenge is finding babysitters (we don't live near family), and so its always up in the air what days I get to attend of the festival.

Last year my wife attended Friday and left Saturday afternoon after Moonalice, then hightailed it to central KY where exchanged three children and then I hightailed it to Legend Valley, going faster than I ever have through most of KY and parts of Ohio. I pulled into the campground during the intro to St. Stephen on the second night, and made it to the stage during the Eleven. Everything was so quick leading up to it- my brain and blood were pumping.

Although I missed the Dark Star, the Caution within the lovelight was awesome to catch after a crazy day.

I'm not sure what will happen for this year, but since I had a great time seeing them in Louisville and Cinci last month, I'm looking forward to the Jubilee. Lets keep our fingers crossed that it doesn't rain. I can take the cold, the heat, cloudy or sunny, but rain (especially the kind that hit during DSJubilee #1) makes for a tough weekend.

• Forum MVP

I got an early bird ticket before the dead line. Not 100% sure I can make it.

I would like to stay in an RV. What's the deal? Do I need to organize this shit?

I always thought you were pretty earthy, mango. Plus carrying those rugs all the way up that hill seems like a serious task after 4 hours of grooving. Join the commoners.

• Forum MVP

Ya funny thing is he came down on "resort" type heads that attend jamaica but he comes off fairly resort type himself. I wouldn't say he is a fan of roughing it. Camping, floor crashing, and car sleeping but I'm sure he's done more than his fair share.

RV does sounds nice for the jubilee.

• Forum MVP

Teacher Matt??? Help

I love camping.... In the woods. A field of tents, not so much...

Last year we put up a tarp wall around our encampment. We had the VIP fence as 2 sides to the wall then ran several tarps along the walkway. We were in our own private campground. We added tarps along the fence to create more privacy. When sitting in our circle around the fire or just relaxing we could literally see no one. We may have isolated ourselves a bit too much but we had no traffic through our area and we had a 60x30' section closed off. I hear you on field camping. It also allows people with bad intentions to scope out your setup.

And we had a monster tree above us that kept us in the shade the whole time. Only downfall was Chris and I both got poison ivy. But we had a private area to pee in but it was also in the poison ivy.

• Forum MVP

Wow. This really cool couple who are good friends decided they are doing jubilee this year!! Looks like I've got 5 1st time jubileers with me!!! It's sort of snowballed lately with people wanting to go. If not for an anniversary Memorial Day weekend there would have been another the last few years. Note to others. Don't get married on a jubilee weekend or during typical tour dates or marry a chick who loves the dead and will accept tour as an anniversary gift. The latter seems preferable to the former.

It's always mid to late March when my yearnings for Jubilee start kicking in overtime. It's like a craving that won't leave me alone. I think its a combination of seeing them in February here in KY/OH, and then the arrival of Spring. So lets keep this conversation going. I have no doubt it will be a strong Jubilee this year, so lets hope for great weather and a great turnout, so the band can reap some benefits from holding a festival.

• Forum MVP

So over the summer we did some real primitive camping. Didn't have to hike to the spot or anything but the camping was free and thus, the park doesn't provide anything like toilets or picnic tables. Thus, when one needs to poop, they are supposed to dig a hole and bury it. I'm sure many of you are familiar with this concept. So after having to poop real bad by 2 members of the camp, myself included, that ended with no hole poop in the woods, we got a lugablelu. Are new port of John makes pooping with no toilets around way easier. This may be a nicer option over late night port o potties.

• Forum MVP

So over the summer we did some real primitive camping. Didn't have to hike to the spot or anything but the camping was free and thus, the park doesn't provide anything like toilets or picnic tables. Thus, when one needs to poop, they are supposed to dig a hole and bury it. I'm sure many of you are familiar with this concept. So after having to poop real bad by 2 members of the camp, myself included, that ended with no hole poop in the woods, we got a lugablelu. Are new port of John makes pooping with no toilets around way easier. This may be a nicer option over late night port o potties.

So u are saying for a clean, late night toilet come to your camp. Thanks bud. I'll take you up on that.

• Forum MVP

RV is no longer taking reservations..

but please stop by our village for a cocktail and/or conversation.

toilet/shower only for those with a reservation. ..it easy that way ...nobody's feelings get hurt

Well anyone is free to use our toilet. It's a huge oak tree in our camp. Beware of poison ivy though. Shits thick.

• Forum MVP

toilet/shower only for those with a reservation. ..it easy that way ...nobody's feelings get hurt

Well anyone is free to use our toilet. It's a huge oak tree in our camp. Beware of poison ivy though. Shits thick.

All you need is this :

image.jpg

• Forum MVP

I'll be sure to come piss all over your camp buddy.

Well now that you are one of those types, we have to have something to offer at Camp Poison Ivy to get people to stop by.

• Forum MVP

All you need is this :

image.jpg

I always love reading the reviews that people write after the Jubilee. Often, at the end of the weekend, people state, "my cup overfloweth". Now I fully understand what they mean...

Archived