Jubilee

oysterhead

• Forum MVP

I am there for:

1. 3 DS0 outdoor shows ... key word outdoor

2. all other music is gravy .. but Friday opener with Melvin playing JGB with DSO .. that deserves a zing zang zoom !!

3. taking the 35 ft RV down .. park it set it up and enjoy the weekend. .. bing bang boom !

4. An amazing solid crew of folks in our village to include Chuck Rick Vince Sue Torin Bix Brian Pete Pat JJ ...as well as a few others ...

5. did I mention 3 outdoor DSO shows

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

12 hours of DSO would be impossible. You would see some jelly leg people barely able to walk. But I'd become a vendor and offer a vegas style IV truck to help people hydrate before the next 4 hour DSO show.

• Forum MVP

Ummm. I just saw the jubilee schedule. 3.5 hours allotted for DSO each night. Yes I'm greedy. I expected 4 hours. The break between bands looks to be the culprit.

• Forum MVP

Wonder why the breaks between acts? We just using 1 satage this year? Or just to avoid 1 act soundchecking during another act maybe?

And the late night bluegrass is right up my allie (pun alert) Tuna DSOJGB and the late night grass are my icing on the cake that is 3 outdoor DSO shows

• Forum MVP

"... if you trim the fat from that fest , you could have one good day"

I don't think I could dance 12 hours of DSO all in one day.. I am not a binge drinker...... or a binge dancer. 3 days is heaven !!! I like it nice and measured out: hang with my honey, no responsibility other than to my desires, nice live music , visit with friends, be lazy, and dance hard for 4 hours. That is perfection. It looks like it has shaped up nicely- Reggae, Hot Tuna etc. I enjoyed Matt Reynolds lyrics last year. The thing about DSO I notice is the smaller intimate venue is more fun- more experiential. It is what I imagine the dead at Taft or Crystal Ballroom or Cap Center was like when they were smaller. That was what grabbed my attention at BLack Mountain. High quality music in a nice space to dance and groove out.

And as far as the weather - show up with sunshine in your heart and the rest will follow. Dig it ?

Like the surprise rainstorms during LLR at Red Rocks and RFK- or the rainbows at Fenway Park when Trey A returned clean or Santa Clara with the Supreme Court ruling -

You write the scenes you create.

Peace and Love-

• Forum MVP

Not a huge fan of the 2016 lineup for the most part, but I'm here for the heavenly relaxing weekend with DSO each night anyway. That being said, I hope this lineup pulls in enough people to make it successful, because I love the Jubilee.

I think this is the best lineup yet for dead fans. DSO x3, Melvin and DSO, kimmock, father son, owlsley county, Mattson, yonder with prob koritz on drums for a few songs. It's the most dead I've seen yet at jubilee. And yes I know that a few of these won't be straight dead or even any dead but it's the DSO guys playing.

This year it looks like they are giving a break b/t shows to let peeps run to camp or just chill b/t bands. Gonna have to take it easier this year for Melvin as pack in day takes a little toll and then trying to groove for 90 minutes to JGB then do 4 hours of DSO can lead to crash and burn syndrome. I've trained myself to survive 4 hour shows. 5.5 hours plus lugging in gear will require some cross fit training and not big on non dancing type exercise.

Rude,

I agree its great for us Deadheads. I just want the nondeadheads to finance the event!

You are seriously right on the crash and burn. I've done it a couple of times at the Jubilee, like the first night of the first Jubilee.

This year, I've been training since before the February shows in Cinci and Louisville. I'm averaging walking 5 miles a day, and then running about 10-20 miles a week.

I'm going to be ready for Friday night. As long as I don't hit the beer too early, I believe I can do this. We must dance, and we must be prepared to dance hard.

Archived