Jubilee

oysterhead

• Forum MVP

Not sure where you are at but there are drinkers and other things going on in our area on the rugs ..sure we got our hard core dancers that may not drink but we also got hard core dancers that do ... once DSO starts all bets are off ... be ready to party ..

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

I didn't see anyone dancing with a drink in hand last year with spillage..... Standing yes. Dancing no

I didn't see anyone dancing with a drink in hand last year with spillage..... Standing yes. Dancing no

But ok

So, where was the massive rug party last year in relation to the soundboard? I'm a free agent, so I work the rail, and I also have peeps with a dancing cushie pad set up to the right of the soundboard (if you are looking at the main stage) and I have been known to seed and distribute dancing vibes throughout the crowd. Where was the DSO rug contingent located last year? 

• Forum MVP

I love little ones pranksters!! I have been to a shoe with one of my own. Unfortunately other mothers decided to let their kids go, while I kept a close eye, and it wound up me babysitting 4 kids, only 1 I knew!!

The dance get really serious in what is called he epicentre. Serious for me everywhere, but some are tall, and 6'4 dancing like a monster with eyes closed is a danger. No discouragement here, or from those above..... just realist, and belive me, you can't help what your body does when the music plays!!!

Please say hi, come.by, show off your beautiful youth creations, but be vigilant, respectful, and the same hugs and warmth extended to you;)!!!

• Forum MVP

Drinks on the periphery, outside the event horizon, are acceptable. As one passes through that, into the singularity where space time gets truly warped, not so much. I think most here understand that as a first principle.

Not sure where you are at but there are drinkers and other things going on in our area on the rugs ..sure we got our hard core dancers that may not drink but we also got hard core dancers that do ... once DSO starts all bets are off ... be ready to party ..

I figured this much that's why we planned to have a blanket in the grass to fall back to. If spills happen it's not the end of the world, my main concern is if we leave our rug can we trust the rug dwellers to make space for us or will we have to have a dance off to reclaim our rug?

• Forum MVP

Those of us that have been setting up rugs from the beginning can relate to your concern. I had issues with others using my rugs for sitting, talking, etc. By others I mean strangers. My group of friends would help keep your space. Keep your rug safe but there are others that haven't learned quite as much etiquette yet. I can't promise what they will do. Others, likw TM, will help clear th rift raft from where I am dancing. I'm not sure the same effort can be made for your rug. I also have the ability to clear my space with my energy and my dance alone. I'd say 95 percent of time

Like I said before most of my crew will be at Summercamp so any reinforcements will be welcomed! I've managed to rub elbows on the rails pf many shows and have made many allies while trying to hold ground. In our neck of the woods we usually roll 20 deep into shows and then it's easy to hold space but with such few companions for this trip I will definitely be in search of some new friends!

• Forum MVP

Mason clears a area with energy, I do it with a number of tricks. No deoderant...some old urine, deer piss.....violently moving like I am convulsing. However, no one can move people faster than a discerning look from TM!!

TM still scares me.

Archived