Jubilee

oysterhead

• Forum MVP

Give me drizzle, give me rsin, don't give me frozen temps that make my body drain.

Not old school, but middle road, I am used to weather that some say bad, I say better stories!!! I nearly died from hypothermia one time, maybe twice...no insulation on my body, but if it get to bad, I am snuggling with big Brian!!! Though he don't know that yet!!!

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

Island Bro......we got excitement for you brother!! Welcome east, and u can laugh at our rain, it's more drizzle compared t where u are from!!

LOOK, here is the deal. I like this music. Though I smile, I cry, I exhibit a whole range of emotions at shows. I Have awesome gear, unless rain shuts performance down, I am super happy....much more space for the hardened as the softie will flee to tent shelter, and I will get to dance in the mud:)!! Space is invaluable, and weather reveals true deadheads. Yea...it looks like rain....good...more will leave:)!! Second note...i don't jam to looks like rain anymore. Have not been able to for a while

It's personal It bites, and I will leave for the tune. Just saying, if it plays and I am in a corner or doing something not like myself when music is playing.....don't approach...

Don't need it nor do you wantto share that mind set!!!

Scary I am, but self aware, and am stressing building defenses or some of the things this music puts me through.

For some.of us, it's not just a concert!!!

• Forum MVP

Gonna be scattered showers b/c of unseasonably warm weather. Likely afternoon scattered thunderstorms. I'm predicting an hour a day max of rain. We can handle that.

• Forum MVP

Would be cool if someone practiced in the art of regurgitation was able to post a list of the JGB songs that they've played on this tour thus far which I agree are likely to be contenders with the set with Melvin...?

The nice thing is we get to hear DSO play JGB for 90 minutes then prob get a few more different ones but I'm sure they won't repeat any from the Melvin set. The GF really likes the JGB sound better than the dead when at home and Sunday mornings now mean JGB with pancakes eggs bacon and coffee. It's a good tradition. I'm not a religious guy by any stretch but that's my going to church on Sunday's and it's a lot more fun.

Would be cool if someone practiced in the art of regurgitation was able to post a list of the JGB songs that they've played on this tour thus far which I agree are likely to be contenders with the set with Melvin...?

Here's what we've got so far this tour:

Expressway To Your Heart 

Tough Mama

Let It Rock

I Second That Emotion

The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down

Strange Man

How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You)

Who Was John

Lonesome And A Long Way From Home

• Forum MVP

Better bring your lightweight sleeping bags b/c the low temps look higher than I keep my heat at night in the winter. Eek. Sticky sleeping. Low 67. Eww. But at least we can leave the coats at home. I guess we can't always get last years 75/55 perfect camping weather. Firewood vendors will suffer!!

The Rug Dilemma

I have a rug dilemma. I have a blue rug, and I will bring it and throw it in the DSO forums Rug Collection. My dilemma is I'm not used to being so stationary. DUring the show, I like the freedom of dancing and finding my dance zone at different places (by the rail, by the sound board, in the middle of the crowd by random strangers, and finding all the dance parties). Carrying a rug from where I am to the concert bowl means I have to be chained to one spot. 

What a dilemma.How do other rug throwers balance freedom of movement with using the rug?

P.S. While I hate the heat and humidity, and so far its been so cool there's been no chance to adjust to this, its a better forecast than an all day rain. Currently in Lexington, its rained for 22 out of 26 of the last days. Today is the second day of sunshine in a row...its pretty amazing. 

• Forum MVP

What is up kiddo's? How the hell has everyone been? I have not been on here in years. I'm excited to say I'll be at The Jubilee this year. I have not been since the very first one and I'm jonesing to see all my Starhead Family there.

The weather looks like it is going to be BEAUTIFUL!!! 

I hope all is well with everyone and I can't wait to see you all this weekend.

This is my Christmas, New Years, and Birthday all rolled into one! :):):)

((((((((((Family Hug))))))))))

See all my SIsStars and BroStars REAL SOON! 

Archived