Jubilee

oysterhead

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

getting the RV this morning out of the mothballs and ready for the run down to central/southern Ohio ..

weather report holding steady but im still packing lots of cardboard in the hold to have just in case the land turns soft under the tires come Monday pull out time ..

last count has 24 folks staying in our "Jubilee RV village square" this year in RVs and tents ..

• Forum MVP

Very glad for not so high humidity...that would melt me! Looks like I should pack more t-shirts and less wool that I originally thought.

As far as work goes this week,,,let's just say it's getting harder to stay in the saddle!

Only 742 more hoops to jump through before hopping on the eastbound plane.

I feel like a foreign exchange student preparing to go to a faraway land in my excitement for fist time east...and I get such a good vibe from my host family!!!

If I climb a tall tree at the jubilee site is there any chance I can catch my first glimpse of the Atlantic??

• Forum MVP

The Jubilee is in the Midwest, not the plains, but our coastal friends reminded me of the writing inside one of Canned Heat’s old albums.   The land of rural Midwest is the food basket of America.  Corn grows everywhere for miles.  The sediment of the quote below still applies.

“The plains are the midsection of America. Those that live there sit on their front porches and sell gas to those heading for one of the coasts. In the mornings they clear the tumbleweed off the porches and stare out at the sun rising over the stark uncultivated flatlands. When one walks out there - past empty beer bottles- he is indeed alone. As he looks around he sees no mountains, very little vegetation- nothing but himself, the land, and the sun. Those who have experienced this sensation have a different look in their eyes than the costal peoples. It is a reflection of themselves that they see when they look upon each other. These people have something going for them that you have to feel for you to believe. – A kind of insanity that is unique to these people of the plains. Hallelujah !”

Big Fat  (Bob Hite of Canned Heat)

Peace, Love, Safe Travels, and See You in a couple Days

Doc

• Forum MVP

That's some good sediment there Doc!!

Sounds like good people and good grit out there...

I always think everything past Minnesota is the 'East Coast' but I know I'm being rather naive in my thinking and perhaps even offensive to those good people of the Midwest....let the tumbleweeds roll as they may...I look forward to diving in to middle America and middle earth with DSO at the helm!

• Forum MVP

Doc we got more than flippin corn to offer in Ohio...

IslandBro ... you will at least see a great lake ... Lake Erie ...as I live right on it ... so when we hang at my place pre jubilee you will see it

Well you could have told me it's the Atlantic and I would have bought it! But I've never seen Lake Erie so that will be so cool...

Happy B Day Matt...get a good rockin and Rollin tonight in Buffalo!

• Forum MVP

For those getting into the area early, melvin terrapin flyer, and mark karan are playing at the vogue in Indy thursday night. DSO played there in like '12 or '13. Not real close to columbus, but not too far away either. Especially if you are in the area trying to kill time before Friday.

This afternoon was a day of doctors.

The cardiologists examined me and said go have fun.

The oncologist drained another pint of blood from me and said go have fun.

The orthopedic doctor drained fluid from me, shot me full of cortisone and looked at me like I was crazy...

See ya in a couple of days :)

• Forum MVP

This afternoon was a day of doctors.

The cardiologists examined me and said go have fun.

The oncologist drained another pint of blood from me and said go have fun.

The orthopedic doctor drained fluid from me, shot me full of cortisone and looked at me like I was crazy...

See ya in a couple of days :)

You will be a rock star with that cortisone. Not saying you aren't now but that stuff works miracles. I'd take a shot in both knees. Maybe 1 in my neck. Shoulder blades too. Lower back for the drives.

What does Ohio have? 2 MLB teams 2 NFL teams 1NHL team 1MLS team, Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Cedar Point, Kings Island, 2nd best zoo in the country ( Jack Hanna ) Hocking Hills, and we cannot forget. Last but not least Legend Valley and Dark Star Jubilee !!!!!!! and all of that is selling Our great state short. I am not sure I will get much sleep waiting for Friday. I really hope I get to meet up with you guys this weekend. If you see me stop me. I am not hard to miss Big Bald and Bearded, having cold one right from my Drinking horn.

• Forum MVP

I like the lawns in central Ohio. People in the country there keep that shit tight. Damn that's some ideal grass growing soil and climate. In the south we work our ass off to get a lawn like that for two-three months, then fucked by too much or little of heat and water. I'm an Ohio fan ..... The state, not the shitty football team

• Forum MVP

I like buckeye lake music center. That's all I need Ohio to offer me and whichever indoor venue dso plays at as well in the winter. I ain't getting all lovey dovey over this state.

And if you want to call the Cleveland Indians a major league team that is technically your right;) :). And what could have been with Johnny Football. You do have a good pro basketball team though for 2-3 more years, no doubt. 1 outta 3 sports ain't bad. Cinci is pretty much Kentucky really so I'm excluding them. And did you say MLS. I think many would have to google what MLS even stands for. Soccer is great if you have a 11 year old daughter and you want to give her that year or 2 of support in sports for life lessons before she moves on to normal interests and it's a great filler on ESPN 8, the ocho.

• Forum MVP

Oh and jubilee weather is shaping up nicely. Showing Friday and Sunday low chance of rain. But....Friday high of 89. Will be close to that during Melvin and DSO. Sweat fest. Will be 80 by 10-11am. Guessing the heat combined with rain flies being up will make sleeping rough except we are under a huge tree that will help.

Archived