Jubilee

oysterhead

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

OK y'all,is it worth carrying all my gear down the hill to camp in the bowl? What goes down must come up,minus the consumables. Thanks

I was always walking on air bringing stuff down but it all depends on how many creature comforts you 'need.'   A wagon or a dolly are indeed clutch when navigating the path down into the bowl. 

The reward for that labor is a much shorter walk to the stage and being able to enjoy all of the other musical offerings without having to really go.  There are good and not-so-good parts of any temporary neighborhood - any issues were much more the exception than the rule.  The more people that are willing to take the plunge with you, the easier it is to insulate from folks who may not be in-tune with how you like to enjoy yourself at a festival.

If you need things low key after 1-2am, you may want to stay up-top.  It winds down to a point in the bowl, but it still likely has a louder pulse than in the parking area.  If you want full immersion, set up shop in the bowl - or VIP if you got the ways and means.

As for the load-out?  Don't worry 'bout tomorrow Lord you'll know it when it comes.

I'm ready for a whole bunch of firsts - I have a family of music fans, but these are the reasons why I am having difficulty sleeping this week:

First DSO Show

First Music Festival 

First trip in our new (1995) motorhome

First camping trip with our 19 and 17 year old kids

Fare Thee Well trip to Chicago last year as a family completely fired us up to plan a great, music filled summer, and we're kicking it off this weekend! Coming in from Nashville Tennessee and we're all SOOO ready!  See you all there!

• Forum MVP

My rug has a hole in it from last jubilees and sadly staying home this year.

Please send good vibes...

Get well soon rug. It should heal itself in time.

Vicki u will have a blast!!!!!!

• Forum MVP
Well I came across a child of God, he was walking along the road
And I asked him tell where are you going, this he told me:

Well, I'm going down to the Jubilee, going to join in a rock and roll there.
Got to get back to the land, set my soul free.

We are stardust, we are golden, we are billion year old carbon,
And we got to get ourselves back to the garden.

• Forum MVP

Dust off those rusty strings just one more time.

See you TOMORROW at the Jubilee

Great video of Jerry.  I particularly like the shot parallel to the stage with Weir in the foreground.  Mesmerizing.

Saw Merl Saunders, Melvin Seals & JGB, Canned Heat, Iron Butterfly, Mickey Hart & Planet Drum, Black Uhruha, Big Banana Blackout and more at Legend Valley on July 31, 1999. It was scorching hot. Slept on the hood of my car. And Canned Heat did play 'goin' up the country' and Iron Butterfly played innagoddaveda

• Forum MVP

Yikes!

That happened to me to an extent at Jubilee2. Wouldn't let me get in line until the gates opened and then a crush of humanity comes off the interstate at high noon. Had to wait for the first wave before they blended us in.

Deep breaths Rude - Paradise aWaits. It sux to be so close yet so far away but there will be the requisite levitation before you know it.

Archived