Jubilee

oysterhead

• Forum MVP

Are you sure there was "sober" camping? I thought there was just family camping and you could drink there. The wharf rats are more about support not avoiding places with alcohol or they would never be able to see a show.

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi y'all, Recently saw a young kid about 12 years old play guitar like Jerry and Jimi put together. I think an act like that would work well @ Jubilee. YouTube has a bunch of them.Just a suggestion. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Hi y'all, Recently saw a young kid about 12 years old play guitar like Jerry and Jimi put together. I think an act like that would work well @ Jubilee. YouTube has a bunch of them.Just a suggestion. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

• Forum MVP

So 1 of my buddies just got a DUI and he's out of jubilee. He's gonna be lucky just to keep his job. if hed have got charged with felony drugs he'd prob be in better shape than a DUI. I saw a checkpoint upcoming 15 years ago and pulled into a driveway before I got to it and got away with it and haven't driven drunk since. I literally got out of my car with them watching me and walked to the backyard of the house and hung out for 10 minutes then got back in my car and headed the other way. They likely assumed at 1st I was avoiding it but when I acted like I lived there I got away with it. Was lucky the owner was asleep or may have had a gun in my face. When I was 21 and drunk we left a bar to drive around to smoke and a cop started following me down side streets as he knew most people leaving this rowdy bar would be drunk. I pulled in a house then as well and we all got out and started to slowly walk to the front door. The cop hung out for 20 secs then drove on. We were getting ready to have to knock on the door. Should have learned my lesson then but was young and stupid. But that experience helped me avoid avoid jail at the checkpoint years later. You can get almost anything else expunged but a freaking DUI.

• Forum MVP

Don't need no job to dance

His license suspension starts in May I think. It's gonna cost him a mint in fines and attorney fees and has to do classes and will be on probation. He's likely not out 100% but would need a ride and may not be allowed to leave the state. From the sound of it NC has some pretty draconian DUI laws. The reduction in most states from .1 to .08 is pretty much BS. It's just a way to make lawyers and the state more money. 2 IPAs can put you over that limit.

• Forum MVP

When I was in high school I had a teacher told me he was racing his buddy drunk and passed a cop and he turned around to chase and they ran. He figured hed turn so the cop would have to pick one to chase. Cop chased him but he figured hed pull into a driveway and duck down. He saw the lights but figured theyd drive past but he pulled right in behind him. While he was being arrested he asked the cop why he stopped and he told him he hadnt take his foot off the brake. Pulled into a driveway and ducked down but his brake lights were blasting.

• Forum MVP

Back then he'd probably just be charged with reckless driving. Now they would have 10 felony counts on you for running from a cop with an attempted murder to boot lol.

• Forum MVP

Really excited i saw a video of allie krall with yonder mountain. I'm hoping she is a fixture with them and therefore will be making her return to the jubilee this year. 2days of Her with cornmeal year 1 was pretty much my Favorite non dso part of the fest.

• Forum MVP

It is absolutely impossible to say too many good things about Allie and Cornmeal, going back 10 years with the Ledges and quite a few other venues. A simple search for "Allie" here tells the tale.

• Forum MVP

Jubilee plans are coming together ...

all you need to bring your own rugs ... none of this hey can I stand and dance on your rugs while giving nothing in return ... warning issued ... sorry somebody has to tell it like it is because common courtesy is lost on some ... sharing is one thing .. using is another

• Forum MVP

Jubilee plans are coming together ...

all you need to bring your own rugs ... none of this hey can I stand and dance on your rugs while giving nothing in return ... warning issued ... sorry somebody has to tell it like it is because common courtesy is lost on some ... sharing is one thing .. using is another

Hey. I just danced on the rugs maybe 15 minutes a night. Was just sharing some dance vibes with the people of the rug then moving on.

• Forum MVP

I sometimes need more space than a rug will allow. I have this big oriental rug in the front of my house. It's nicely padded and 12x10. I could make that space work likely unless we get another like that 69 last year. Unfortunately it's 100 pounds so it would hurt to carry it. If I carried it, then I'd be so tired, I'd only need a small rug. See the paradox here?

• Forum MVP

I've been finding myself scoping plane tix to Columbus...hmmmm. Never been East of Minnesota but the pull is getting stronger and if not this year I can feel that trigger wanting to be pulled...would be fun to hang with you rug burners out there

• Forum MVP

I've been finding myself scoping plane tix to Columbus...hmmmm. Never been East of Minnesota but the pull is getting stronger and if not this year I can feel that trigger wanting to be pulled...would be fun to hang with you rug burners out there

Great time guaranteed!!!! Fly in. Grab an uber to the venue. Someone here on the board will gladly give u a lift back to the airport Monday.

Archived