Jubilee

oysterhead

• Forum MVP

This is my first jubilee, long time DSO fan. I am coming alone camping inside venue any suggestions would be great. I am looking forward to meeting new friends and creating unforgettable memory's

When you park and haul your shit through the gate, go all the way down the hill and across the field to the trees by the creek between general and vip. You'll find a band of us forum misfits camped there. Unless you get there after about noon on Friday, then you're in the field, no fighting it. But revel in it nontheless, you're amongst the kind layer of society. Hope to see you there.

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The jubilee site says: All gates (General Admission, VIP, etc) will open at NOON on Friday, May 27 and close at NOON on Monday, May 30. Please do not arrive before gates open. How early can I get there and how busy is it at noon? I want to come as early as i can.

• Forum MVP

These younger folk might not know about the "Chicago" that CSN sang about....the following is copied from Wikipedia... "The song refers to both the riots at the 1968 Democratic National Convention in Chicago, as well as the trial of the Chicago Eight, where protesters at the convention were charged with intent to incite a riot. The first line of the song: "So your brother's bound and gagged, and they've chained him to a chair" refers to Bobby Seale, the defendant who was gagged and bound to a chair in the courtroom following repeated outbursts. On Four Way Street, Nash dedicates the song to "Mayor Daley". The chorus contains the lines: "We can change the world./ Rearrange the World."

The line "Won't you please come to Chicago just to sing" refers to Nash pleading with band mates Stephen Stills and Neil Young to come to Chicago to play a benefit for the Chicago 8 defense fund.

The big deal was the 1968 Democratic convention in Chicago where we gathered to protest many things like the war. It became a messy situation with both us young folk and the cops crashed head on. The cops were stronger.

Peace and Love, Doc

Things can always change, but it appears that I'm locked in for the whole weekend. DSO is always the main attraction for me- hope the lineup appeals to enough people to keep our festival flush with cash but hope at the same time it continues its small intimate vibes.

Looking forward to Friday night and Melvin/DSO ..should get our engines warmed up early!

• Forum MVP

Lots of dso band member side projects. Owsley county will be a good time. I'm not a bluegrass fan so I'm on board some of the act can take a hike. The beauty is that dso plays 3 full shows which makes this festival more appealing than any thing else going on this year. I won't he down by the stage for late night, although I enjoy salmon when it comes to the jamgrass.

Archived