Crazy fingers

Drumz

Aiko

Throwing stones

Positivity 4th street

Tangled up in blue

The weight

• Forum MVP

jealous of the double Dylan bangers at the end.

+1 on that.  Jeff's performance of both of those are top notch - a great contrast of emotion to be sure.

A crazy fingers showing up is always a good sign too..

• Forum MVP

Throwing stones>4th street>tangled made the show for me! Especially barraco's solo 4th street... Glorious, epic. 930 club always clears out during drumz! I fear for tonight... Just gotta find a balcony spot and hold it. Looking forward to seeing some friends tonight!

• Forum MVP

last 930 show I saw had Memphis Blues, takes a lot to laugh and tangled in the first set. guess Dso likes playing Dylan in dc. goes together like spaghetti and meatballs.

also envious of mans world, lazy river road, stranger, foolish heart, and crazy fingers.

• Forum MVP

Amazing!!!!! Knew I felt y'all flailing round out there somewhere!!! Deep elem mans world- sigh. Righty-o! These flowers of paper mache sure are being thrown your way but my arm isn't so good so maybe it didn't reach u all the way on the right coast but since we all still feel like a stranger it's good to leap where angels fear to tread bc this must be heaven and even if I don't know what I am goin for u know Imma go for it for sure! After all, your rain falls like crazy fingers......

But hey, now, even if we are all throwin stones, it's good that u got a lot of nerve to say u are my friend- cause I still believe u if u say it. We separated on the dark side of night but I still want u to out that load right on me- I sent u with my regards for everyone, whether relieved or not.

What a show. Wish I was there. Wish u were here. Kiss kiss. Tears.

Nice set.  Much as I like the shows, the "electives" give the band a chance to stretch out and put some tunes together that weren't played that way back in the day.  Also helps overcome the unfair negativity of being called a cover band (Mickey!) b/c DSO is way more than that!

• Forum MVP

I agree about the electives. I'll say that Mickeys band signed up and performed at DSOs first Jubilee which undoubtedly had to be a pretty small payday by Mickeys standards. And he put on one helluva percussion jam on the side stage til some wee hours in the morn. I think that implies some respect and support, despite something he may have said.

• Forum MVP

To answer my own question it looks like (if I am counting correctly) this tour so far:

Elective/originals: 6

Recreations: 11

That is indeed getting to be a very healthy input of electives...certainly a pattern of more being dished out each tour over the past few years...

I like.

• Forum MVP

I find electives to be more hit or miss and if you know me, a DSO miss isn't bad night of music by any estimation.  I find the recreations for the most part to always be topnotch.  Id say the potential may be higher with an elective but the consistency for me is more in the recreations.  If that makes any sense, the 2nd set at penns peak was simply unreal.  I still hope to find the time and the words to share some thoughts on the music that night but I know it simply won't do it justice.  Just mindblowing 2nd set.

But I will never complain about the music being played during 76 to 78 recreation.  I've always found that to be wheelhouse DSO, although wish Jeff in the mix I feel the early stuff is beyond the wheelhouse.  Thats been firing on all cylinders.  And I may risk some criticism for even bring it up and in my mind their is no real comparison but I feel like JK and the band were more capable of firing on all cylinders for the 80s material.  Like I said, there is no real comparison for me as I much prefer the early stuff.  

• Forum MVP

I agree that the electives have higher potential for brilliance or to fall flat. That being said, my favorite show that I saw was the 69 recreation I saw in Covington just before Halloween a few years ago. Just one of those nights that stars aligned

Archived