Spring Tour West

PoetryGirl

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

DSO's tours are looking more and more like the Dead's. 3 in berkley. 3 in Boulder and 2 in Portland. In 2020 get ready for 6 shows in 7 days in Boulder. Taking a week off for that one!!!

• Forum MVP

03/31/16 Seattle, WA

04/01 - 2/16 Crystal Ballroom Portland, OR

04/05/16 Paradise Performing Arts Center

04/07 - 09/16 UC Theatre Berkeley, CA

04/10/16 Harrah's Lake Tahoe South Shore Room Lake Tahoe, NV

04/12/16 The Depot Salt Lake City, UT

04/14 – 16/16 Boulder Theater Boulder, CO

• Forum MVP

I've never heard of the "UC Theater" and that's because it hasn't even opened yet...sound like it could be pretty awesome!

From their website:

The UC Theatre Taube Family Music Hall is currently undergoing renovation and will open in early 2016. It will be a 1,400 capacity, general admission, multi-tiered, all-ages music venue with a state-of-the-art Meyer Leopard sound system and a full service bar and restaurant. This new live music venue will present an exciting range of local and national artists and bands.  The UC Theatre will be the only general admission music venue of its size and kind in the East Bay.

• Forum MVP

Boulder theater will be packed. We've had varying degrees of success dancing there but not my favorite place. You can do what you did upfront at black mountain on a tier with the right people around you. If you do what you did during the other one, you will hurt somebody.

Pdx salt lake city boulder

• Forum MVP

I didn't catch this at first but the Seattle venue will be a new venue. It is the Showbox Sodo which is different than the regular Showbox (but owned by same entity). Different part of town and different space altogether but I haven't been there so I don't know if this will be an improvement or not. The Seattle weeknight shows (like this one on a Thursday night) are spacious and mellow compared to the weekend sell outs. I think this new venue is a bit larger so perhaps even more weeknight dance space available...we will see

Few from around here make it to Seattle but thought I would mention it out of curiosity...

• Forum MVP

Contemplating skipping Chicago and doing Boulder....

Cute Airbnb on this artist commune 5 miles from the venue. "Your stay supports conscious life artists dedicated to truth. 420 ok"

I mean if we are gonna do it might as well go full granola.

• 2 months later...

I don't post too often, but I've been on the DSO bus for about a decade now, and I couldn't possibly be more excited for the upcoming Seattle>Portland>Portland swing. Three shows on three straight nights. Sometimes you just NEED three nights of this stuff. Its good for the soul. Not to mention that one of them just happens to be April Fool's day. Never Trust a prankster! And the Crystal Ballroom floor bouncing up and down? Its gonna be more fun than a frog in a glass of milk!

If you see a fella with a big grin and a "Barraco for President '16" shirt, come say hello!

See ya there!

Archived