NYE

Brian NJ

Yo dude they didn't Coustic said they did they didn't they didn't accoustic said they did they didn't sorry voice to text its fucking up is it an alligator they did the best writer ever heard they did a morning dew Stephen eleven William Tell well I am

• Forum MVP

acoustic first set. I think it was a late 69 style elective. what I have set list wise is not complete but very close. one of the best shows I have ever seen. completely blew my mind time and time again. just wow. so happy to share this moment with everyone in attendance. wow wow wow. happy and healthy to all.

fotd

dark hollow

operator

you ain't woman enough

cocaine

let me sing your blues away

box of rain

midnight moonlight

ripple

dits

easy wind

doin that rag

mans world

China

rider

hurts me too

viola Lee

love light

alligator

dark star

st Stephen

eleven

morning dew

love light

broke down

Seen them at "The Peak" for elective set on Thanksgiving EVE...MINDBLOWER! Had to travel to Philly for NYE...ANOTHER MASTERPIECE. DSO thanks for taking back, been a long time since I felt this way. Sonic Titan...was there not a hint of William Tell in between St. Stephen and the Eleven, that would be 69 style?

• Forum MVP

What a fantastic time in Philly. Both shows were memorable but last night was genuinely in the top of the best DSO shows I have seen. In addition to absolutely hyperbolicly fine song choices and performance, all the NYE hoopla made for the funnest night I have had in a long time. The Dream Tree was a gorgeous idea and creation where everyone in attendance was invited to write their hopes, dreams and what they were grateful for on silver mylar strips and then they are ceremoniously hung from the gold-painted Dream Tree and later activated by the audience. After Father Time, AKA Pappa Clocka, did his countdown rap and it was 2016, huge confetti guns covered us with lilting and lovely confetti snow while stilt walkers in gorgeous costume paraded around the floor. Later, there was an appearance by the Mummers center stage, LED Hula Hoopers dancing beautifully and psychedellically on stage, and on all the video screens around the room both brief interviews of all the concert goers who chose to be interviewed about what they were grateful for. Then during Dark Star and St. Stephen stills of everyone that had been taken as they entered festooned all the video screens and it was magical. At the end of a wonderful and psychedelic set 3, one of the big highlights of the evening was Jeff performing what I call a "pin-drop" Morning Dew. There must have been close to 2,000 in the Electric Factory and there was not sound as Jeff sang and played the heart wrenching part near the end. 

Definitely something magical going on last night and I will remember it for a very long time. Thanks DSO, the best band and crew in the world! And thanks to everyone who made the magic last night.  Happy New Year indeed!!!

All I can say is this old man can no longer do back to back nights..ouch, ouch, ouch..between set 2 Wed night and NYE lower back does not co-operate with intensity of boogie woogling that was required at this fantastic event. First timer at the electric factory. What a grate venue. My wife suggested we go about 2 weeks ago and I'm grateful for her and the experience we shared together. Now its time to recharge batteries in time for Count Basie. Happy New Year to DSO and all you forum members and thanks for getting us on the bus just a few years ago. Cheers!

• Forum MVP

at one point right before midnight a young girl with a sparkle in her eye and glitter on her checks came up and gave a big hug and kiss while wishing us a happy new year to me and a close friend .. to the friends surprise ... but we laughed because I said she was higher than both of us combined. .. which would have been a tall order. .. hehe

• Forum MVP

Wow! What an amazing looking run!!!!! Sad I missed that spend the night together in Richmond and holy cow that new year show...... Very cool looking and I knew I could feel u guys making the magic happen out there!

I got light sabers and Star Wars with my mayo so it was pretty cool.... Best new year yet since I haven't been to DSO ;)

Kiss kiss, enjoy the island love this month!!!

• 3 months later...

taken me a little while to post about the show. I didn't have the right pass to get all the way up to the top level but security took a liking to me and said go ahead I tried to get friends up there she wouldn't let anybody else up. the whole second set and third set I had 12 feet by 17 feet all to myself.completely blown away by the show.lovelight aligator DS will tell Steven Dew lovelight where it started and ended is lost to me now, with my mind and body blown out I realized I wasn't sweating anymore so went down a level to get water. Sammy got me a bottle and as I drank she says oh my god it's coming right out of your face. Haha wish I could have seen it from her eyes...

Archived