Georgia Theater

PoetryGirl

• Forum MVP

Elective with nice renderings of On the Road Again. Black throated Wind. Cats, Dark Star. Around and around is a great first set closer !! Brilliant !

There was a blind man in the balcony. When I recalled that this morning I had to edit to add Comes a Time. He said the music sounded great !

While I am here- here is what I recall

Might as Well.

On the Road. - way fun

Stuck inside Mobile

Candyman

Cumberland Blues - nice piano, thumping bass Jeff was driving the train though

Broken arrow

BTW

Dire wolf

Arounf and Around

Not quite sure of order

Help Slip Stranger.

Cats Under the Stars beautiful harmony with Lisa

Unbroken Chain

D/S

Dark Star -fun to watch the architecture Jeff set up to allow the other members explore the spacious and freedom of the jam

Throwing Stones

Reprise ?

Comes a time- fine like crystal

Love light

E Midnight Moonlight

And really fun dancing with the forum people as well as new faces. A warm night on a cold evening. Lovely friends. And my Valentine.

• Forum MVP

Yea, this was a really fun show in a cool venue. Was anticipating a smaller crowd due to Mon nite and shitty weather, but seemed fairly full. There were some pockets of dance space to be had. Sunny had his own elevated stage to out his moves on display. Killer rooftop bar! Only one song dance break late in 2nd set made for an endurance test. Loved the Cumberland, candyman, and btw in first set. Whole second set smoked, but helpslipstranger, cats and moonlight were highlights for me. Jeff did a very nice job with that comes a time. Grate hanging and dancing with all you awesome people.

• Forum MVP

I have been thinking over this song a while as it captured my attention when I was 18. I had been listening to it in a very transitional period of my life off the Aces album. Although I kept about 250 tapes, I didn't have that great of a Black Throated Wind rendition. You know, it had the high pitched background noise and a tad fast.... Iol I had a great list from a taper I met and had send me the Omni shows from spring 1989. Spending all my spare change on Landover and Copps Arena tickets didn't leave much wiggle room for more tapes because of course there is eating and I had caught the Merriweather, Charlotte, and Warlock shows. School was pretty demanding and I found the large university curriculum didn't afford me time to study other stuff I liked too-

Wow I stood stunned in Brendan Byrne halls as I heard the chords fill the air. It was magical. BTW. I decided then and there I was transferring.

"You've done better by me than I have done by you."

I have mentioned before how I like the duality of perspective that the Dead's lyrics have. So in some frame of mind, the above would come from a victim mentality. Others might hear that I could've been better because you gave so much. Peoples energies rarely match up in size but synergy happens when more evenly matched. Seeing the Dead taught me a lot about metaphysical energies. I have to think however it goes much deeper than this. Really you get what you need regardless of your perspective since there really is no "good" or "bad" just a lack or abundance of an energy. It is these places we learn to expand ourselves once you get past the good or the bad. Love always rides the whisper of the wind. It is why it prevails.

His eyes see like a disguise - a mask of reality. I think this is why you pray for the sins you don't know you commit.

• Forum MVP

Great friends, awesome venue. Bad weather, but are we not all used to this by now!!!

Got all I needed from this show, all the dance space, some of my favorite dancers to dance with to boot. The sound was amazing. Nuggets galore out of each set!!!

Nice college town, awesome levels to the venue. Not a bad place to dance, as speakers are not hidden from nearly any point.

Midnight Moonlight filler and the Cats were some of my highlights. I love their originals, so this show was right up my alley. Awesome new artwork on Koritz and Dino's drum covers. Pointed out to me....looked pretty cool. One red one blue, but maybe that is because its Primary season? Doubt it, but a cool little change up!!

The Dark Star was up my alley, but there was a transition moment that felt a little uneasy, unmastered, but that experience was very short lived, and more than likely me!!!

I have not heard a help, slip, franklins in a while. Last help slip ended with shakedown, this night, it ended with Stranger!!! Love you DSO....thanks for mixing it up, and keeping me on my toes!! Figuratively and literally!!!!

Very Grateful

• Forum MVP

I think comments about venues are important, just as I think description of the crowd.

ATHENS: YOU WERE THE MOST SILENT CROWD I HAVE EVER HEARD> you could hear a pin drop when the band got on the stage. The whole venue was giving the music, those who channel it, and all the people there who love to witness it the greatest respect you can ever do at a show.

The offered silence, reverence, and interest. The most attentive venue I have been thus far. This tour has given me a awesome chance to experience new venues, and for the most part, AWESOME

Archived