Drums/Space>

Throwing Stones

Not Fade Away

E:

Its All Over Now, Baby Blue

Extra w/ Lisa Mackey:

C'est La Vie (You Never Can Tell)

Notes:

Let's see: The band locked in during Minglewood and never looked back.

During the climactic solo to Deal, I noticed that a celebrity was in the house: Kermit THE frog had made it to the show. He was wearing tie-dye and dancing happily. When the solo peaked, his hands flailed about wildly in the air. Cheers to whoever saw fit to bring Kermit to the show. Its good enough to get to dance to live dead music on a Thursday night, but to get to it next to a muppet gettin' his funk on, well...

Jeff did some things during Fire on The Mountain that temporarily elevated the entire Showbox Sodo Theater out of the time-space continuum and flew us all to Neptune.

Skip's bass turned my organs into jello.

Barraco's beatific smile accurately portrayed the transcendent experience we were all sharing.

Multi-colored, day-glo weirdos danced and laughed and spun.

To top it all of, we got to go home dancing to a Chuck Berry juke box boogie.

So, ya know, just another Thursday night with Dark Star Orchestra.

• Forum MVP

"Not sure why all the text runs together like that. I format it well and so forth, but the website seems to just delete all my punctuation and jam everything all together." It's been doing that to me for a month or so now. No paragraph breaks come through. In fact, hitting POST doesn't do anything; the only way to get a post up is to hit MORE REPLY OPTIONS then post from the subsequent screen (with no ability to edit on that screen). Also, trying to quote another post doesn't work. Could this be a Firefox issue? I notice other posts going up with paragraph breaks, embedded video, etc.

• Forum MVP

Yes I agree with Mango that this new venue is an improvement. Easier part of town to navigate on all levels as well. Plenty of space to spread out and dance for this Thurs night beauty. And alcohol is kept separate from the front half so less distraction and sticky floor syndrome...

Beauty Looks Like Rain, smoking hot Deal of course and thick Althea all added to a really solid first set.

I found the transition from Scarlet into Fire to be of the gentlest, lightest, delicate entry into Fire I have ever heard...kind of like a Stella Blue type of preciousness...truly beautiful! And then yes to what Mango said--the jamming in the latter part of Fire completed launched the place.

The jam out of He's Gone (also approached with mucho beauty) ended up way FUNKY before slipping into drums...WAY funky! Makes me want to listen to that segment in the original show and see if there was anything like that going on in there...

High energy after space into a lovely Baby Blue...

Dig this kickoff to another Spring tour...ahhhhhh

Great time in Seattle

Ready for some serious Oregonization now

• Forum MVP

To my assessment Dso blew away the original last night. We listened on the ride home, decided to turn it off during women are smarter. Some cool funky sounds but pretty flat sounding.

Well I gotta say that I went into last night with low expectations and was blown away. Good showing, Seattle. People having a good time.

Archived