Baseball 2016

bs69

• Forum MVP

The season is getting ready to start. My Reds look to be in total rebuilding mode and I don't expect much from them, so I can't be disappointed. Here are my predictions sure to be wrong

NL

East: Nationals

Central: Cards

West: Giants

WC: Cubs

WC: Metz

AL

East: Blue Jays

Central: Royals

West: Mariners

WC: Astros

WC: White Sox

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
  • Forum MVP

Now that the spotlight is off of the Nats, maybe they will remember how to play winning baseball this year.....

Well, so far so good for the Nats.....I really like the Dusty Baker era thus far.

The second set should be tasty..... ;)

• 2 months later...
  • Forum MVP

Here come those pesky Giants again in an even numbered year. I am guessing a feeling of dread is coming over Chicago seeing the Giants coming to town. As it seems every year, I came pretty close on the National league and have no clue on the American.

• Forum MVP

Cubs v. SF was epic last nite.

Good call on the Tribe v Sox sweep

Unfortunately I go to watch this game this morning and adding 1:30 to the broacast wasnt even close to enough time lol.  Game ended around 2:40am est.  Now thats a late finish lol.

• Forum MVP

Cubs v. SF was epic last nite.

Good call on the Tribe v Sox sweep

Unfortunately I go to watch this game this morning and adding 1:30 to the broacast wasnt even close to enough time lol. Game ended around 2:40am est. Now thats a late finish lol.

I-N-S-O-M-N-I-A

• Forum MVP

Cubs win tonight was truly epic.

And the 9th inning collapse by the Giants bullpen was as well......

I'm hoping and praying that my Nats can rise to the occasion Thursday night and, for once, advance to the second round.

I think we could give the Cubs a testy challenge if given the chance.

• Forum MVP

Nice win for the Tribe last night, if they put it away this afternoon they may have a long wait until the start of the series. With the Cavs defending champs, Tribe possibly in the series and OSU rolling along, I imagine it is pretty easy to forget about the Browns.

• Forum MVP

So tonight have to dvr the cubs game b/c the gf wants to watch the debate ewww. This is her least favorite time of the year. "Wanna go watch a movie tonight?" "Sorry football". Football on Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday and Monday. Then toss in baseball. Needless to say the main TV room is not on equitable footing. I do tell her that she has mid April to August to watch what she wants.

• Forum MVP

Unwatchable pregame show, thank God they have Verducci there. He has to be asking himself if the money is worth it. A couple of lopsided affairs so far, let's hope we get some good games in Wrigley. I wonder what curse will befall the Cubs this time.

• Forum MVP

The Windy City will be off the charts with energy tonight. You could be a fly on the wall for a 2 grand standing-only ticket. Even the rooftop 'seats' are going for a grand a piece.

On another note, Joe Buck is the worst baseball commentator ever. At least John Smoltz gives a clinicians view of strategy which I appreciate. Buck is just a smug-ass guy who thinks he's George Will. He adds nothing to the color of the game - in fact, he just sucks the energy out the the moment. Where's Ernie Harwell when you need 'em.

Tonight will be nuts! Since I have no dog in the fight, hopefully its a back-and-forth game that comes down to the last few AB's!

Archived