Baseball 2016

bs69

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

Tribe ...just like growing up in Ohio State Buckeye fan I grew up at Old Municipal Stadium watching the Indians of the 70s...both my parents were catholic school teachers raising 7 kids even though my Dad was a legendary Ohio basketball coach money was tight....he would take me twice a year back in the day as a kid when doubleheaders were the norm...that way I could see 4 games instead of 2... and then when I got older I would go with my buddies to see games ... it was an 85,000 seat baseball stadium !! ... but only 5,000 would be there other than opening day and 4th of July fireworks ...

So Go Tribe !!

• Forum MVP

Well OKay.

I didn't watch but a bit of the the whole game and just had found out he was the CJ my friend talked of playing here sometimes. It isn't everyday I see someone pitching 97 mph for a strike. I get a kick out of it bc my pop who went to the little World Series at 15 was clocked in those times at 102 mph. He struck out 25 in a 7 inning and 27 in a 9 inning so he was pretty consistent southpaw.. Offered at 17 to play by everyone.

• Forum MVP

Matt,

I think her statements hold that they have some good local ball playing going on down there and it is an accomplishment that her grandfather got offers from the MLB at any age. Root for Cleveland. No need to rag on SC or act like because it's the norm for MLB clubs to sign teenage that having a family member get an offer isn't a big deal. Offers are not the norm.

• Forum MVP

Do you really say ain't ? Or is that for southern benefit.

It was my father. So since you said, lots a teenagers are recruited and you know sports Matt, maybe this is meaningful as I don't care for your dismissive attitude about someone you m ow nothing about. (But of course you don't know me)

For him - the stats for runs earned against him are as follows. Total of all innings pitched for 5 years of HS and 4 years of Legion was 0.69. That figure is for 9 inning games. For 7 inning HS games, it would be 0.54 for earned runs against him average. But it was probably better college ball ruined his arm by overuse like pitching 21 straight innings. He went on to perfect the kidney dialysis machine among other things.

He kicks ass in whatever he does.

I thought it was great to see that fastball as it caught my eye and it so happens he is from down the road.

Thanks now I know who to root for.

• Forum MVP

I have a son who is currently a pitcher in college at a good D3 school in Ohio and have coached and seen most of the best talent in the Midwest and I can tell you that it is very rare to see a teenager even approach throwing 90, doesn't happen except rare circumstances until they fully develope around 20-21. I can also tell you that if that fastball doesn't have movement, these kids at a high level will hit it hard. What makes Chapman so effective is that he has that 89 MPH slider to go with the 101 fastball. Unfair when he is on. Only about the top 75 or so high school seniors will get drafted out of high school, most play in college.

• Forum MVP

One of my employees... Rosetta (Rosie) Shepard .. who is a tutor in the Reading Literacy Program I run for Lorain OH City Schools... gets to set the game ball on the pitchers mound for tonights game 6 .. the ball will then be used to throw out the 1st pitch .. Rosie has come up through the Boys and Girls Club as a member and Ohio and Midwest Youth of the Year..

Rosie will get the royal treatment tonight in regards to seats etc...

I enjoy helping young people and Rosie is well on her way to becoming a role model for the K-3rd graders we work with on the tutoring program ...she also works with our teens in the after school clubs ..

Elyria Chronicle Telegram newspaper and Lorain Journal have nice article online today if your interested

• Forum MVP

Game 7 - winner take all.

Tribe has the edge at home with Kluber on the bump. While it's the 3rd game of the series for Kluber, the Cubs trotted out Chapman and wasted valuable pitches.

A long streak of futility will end tonight!

• Forum MVP

The Cubs big early lead allowed me to go to bed early to rest up for tonight, should be good. It will be interesting to see how long Kluber can go with his second outing after 3 days rest. Expect a lot of pitching changes tonight and a long game.

• Forum MVP

same here ... I was in bed early ... rested up .. Tito may need me tonight to play center field hehe... my employee Rosie was on TV between 2nd and 3rd inning they showed her walk the game ball out... I let her come in 3 hours late today with pay ..half day basically ... least I could do as she had post game committed activities. ..

• Forum MVP

Th Cubs are 3-0 when my buddy watches at home and 0-3 at my house. Needless to say I'll be watching it alone tonight. He thinks the jinx is real and I'm starting to believe it.

• Forum MVP

same here ... I was in bed early ... rested up .. Tito may need me tonight to play center field hehe... my employee Rosie was on TV between 2nd and 3rd inning they showed her walk the game ball out... I let her come in 3 hours late today with pay ..half day basically ... least I could do as she had post game committed activities. ..

Rosie was cute Matt. Glad she got that honor and the props to the program. Good stuff.

Archived