Sign in to follow this  
Teacher Matt

Scott Larned - 11 years today

Scott ... co-founder of Dark Star Orchestra passed away 11 years ago today ...

he deserves to be in the kitchen table threads as he was the "Sandwich Man" ...

I ask all to make our go and buy a sandwich today for lunch dinner or a late nighr snack .. dig up some old Dark Star with Scott tickling the keys and jam ..

Cheers old friend

I felt I got to know scott at his birthday bash in Chicago last year. There may have been a few factors involved, but Rob K's eulogy was one of the most emotional talks I've ever heard. I felt like I really missed out on meeting an amazing person who went out of his way to befriend as many people as possible and spread his positive vibes to everyone he touched. It was an amazing speech and it touched me and I took it to heart. I wish that you guys would release that audio track from that 7-3 show. Rob K's eulogy should be heard by people who knew scott as well as those who didn't. It was inspiring and needs to be heard and shouldn't be just for the few who saw it in Chicago. As soon as Rob k finished, I instantly regretted that I didn't have my iPhone recording as I would have been able to spread inspiration for years to come to DSO fans and non fans alike. Please release that audio.

Happy Birthday, Scott. 

Sometimes those who who live just a short life have a lasting impact. 

I’ll find  a sandwich to eat in Boulder and think of your vision. 

So funny, I am eating a sandwich as I read this thread. My favorite memory of Scott is at the Grand Opera House in Wilmington, De. A childhood friend’s parents worked there and let me in to take a peek before the show started. I cracked the door from the lobby into the venue and there’s Scott strolling across the stage, belly button first, while the band is getting everything just exactly perfect before them old doors flew back. He was grinning from ear to ear. That is how I choose to remember him.

I have a treasured memory from the NYE ‘04 show at Denver. I was actually able to find room to move up close in the Scott Zone and just remember him playing while looking out over the audience. He had the best grin. It spoke volumes.

Saw him perform one time only, and it was my very first dso show. His energy lured me on the DSO bus, where I currently reside. Been all dragonfly since. I had a boarshead teriyaki chicken, spinach, and multigrain bread for lunch today, in Scott's honor. 

On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 9:30 PM, acududeman said:

I'm very grateful to have witnessed Scott's last show at the State Theater.

still grateful......