NFL draft

Rude

• Forum MVP

So my cowboys stunk up their pick again. They had the number 4 pick and take a running back?? A freaking running back. There's a reason very few RB's go this high. It's b/c you can pretty much plug anyone into a lineup in this position and they can do well plus besides a few exceptions a shelf life of a running back is the shortest of any position. Congrats to Ohio state with 5 1st rounders. They won the draft. But again instead of taking a D lineman which Dallas is desperate for, they go RB. Smh.

• Forum MVP

So after the Cowboys passed on Jalen Ramsey in the 1st round by drafting a running back, in round 2 they draft an injured LB from ND. I mean if you are gonna risk a pick on an injured guy, take Myles Jack. He at least may be able to play. So you pass on one of the top safeties to come along in a while for a RB, then you are desperate for defense and you take a guy who will miss his rookie season with injury when you had 2 Bama guys who are run stoppers who luckily dropped to the 2nd round and when A'Shawn who was expected to be picked up by Cleveland wasn't picked you should have jumped on it. But no you took a guy who won't even play year 1. You could have freaking locked up 2 pieces missing defensively and that safety is NFL ready and should be a star. Jerry jones shows again he doesn't understand that you can't win without D in the NFL. You can win without offense but not without D. Look at Denver with pathetic manning leading the charge. Defense wins championships. At the 4th pick Ezekiel Elliott better put up 1800 yds combined b/c any 4th round RB can get 1k yards just rushing behind that Dallas front. I mean for that Dallas front, Henry would have been a perfect back in the 3rd round even though he got picked earlier than expected. So far from CBS it gives Dallas the worst draft rating so far and I believe it.

• Forum MVP

Elliot will have over 10,000 yards rushing and receiving for his career. He's a gamer. Great pick. Little early in the draft but watch him do work. 3 down backs are valuable and Dallas needed someone to keep Romo from throwing every down.

If the ND LB ends up being as good as his potential, waiting one year for a perennial pro bowler doesn't seem too big a deal. Before the injury he was a top 5 definitely top 10 draft pick.

I'm not saying their picks were the best, but don't call it a bust before you see it.

I have to hope Wentz is Brett Farve or my team just gave away 5 years for a QB bust.

• Forum MVP

Dallas thinks they have 2 years to win the super bowl. So they went with a RB. If romo can stay healthy with a solid RB they think they can win one. I'm of the belief that if they took jalen Ramsey, that instantly their defense allows 30 less passing yards a game and has an all pro at safety for 10 years. Dallas' defense has been what's killed them the last several years and this year with injuries and suspensions, it could be the worst ever for the 1st 4 games. Either you go for instant Super Bowl with RB and healthy defenseman or you play the long game with Ramsey and the ND guy. I just don't understand the 2nd round pick paired with the RB. Go for it or don't. If you notice Jerry jones is a headline drafter. He wanted johnny Manziel while he son vetoed it for sack Martin who has 2 pro bowls under his belt. A lineman isn't flashy and jones likes flash. It's why the Cowboys have been so bad for so long. He could have traded to 8th and still got Elliott or maybe lower. But my prediction is that jalen Ramsey will be a superstar. And taking a RB 4th for 10k yards in his career is a waste. That's a 6-7 year career. Only an Adrian Peterson would be worth s 4th pick. Elliott may give u 100 more rushing yards over any other back. That's not worth that pick. Now an elite safety will make plays stopping hundreds and hundreds of yards passing and rushing. Running back by committee is what the NFL is about now, not 1 elite back.

Archived