You know you've been around awhile when....

smitty4516

You have bought concert tickets for the actual price of the ticket. Convenience fees seem so inconvenient

Your definition of a "local show" has changed from anywhere I can get to between sunrise and sunset to anywhere your kid or grandkid can drive you to between sunrise and sunset

You have a T-Shirt you bought at a show at The Filmore East

What else?

• Forum MVP

Waiting in line for this if you missed mail order:

ticketron.png

The look on peoples faces when you tell them that used used to be able to park overnight at GD shows

29B81B5200000578-3129738-image-a-18_1434

• Forum MVP

I got on the bus too late for mail order. Had to call for tix and I did the phone ticketmarter for the Memphis 95 show. Forgot about the time. Called 1 hour after went on sale. Top 10 rows even with stage. Couldn't see the band but got tix. The bass was so heavy where we were it made me puke. Threw up between my legs in my seat. My heart was beating to the bass drum. Needless to say it made weird shit happen when u mess with your heart rhythm. Had that happen at a business convention when we were way up high at a free Daughtry show. Yes Daughtry. We were in Vegas and that was the free event we got in the Mandalay bay event center. Was so booming most of the people in our area had to move. Went to floor and couldn't even hear the bass. I was just normal Vegas drunk but my heart started beating to the bass and I started to hallucinate a little. I assume in 100 years they will just replace those with computers at birth. They are way too unreliable

• Forum MVP

Metamucil more a steady part of your diet than cocaine.

Don't worry too much it'll happen to you.

Till then, might as well blow the lid off and enjoy the ride!

• Forum MVP

Metamucil more a steady part of your diet than cocaine.

Don't worry too much it'll happen to you.

Till then, might as well blow the lid off and enjoy the ride!

I at least got him talked into BM for 1.5-2 shows. It's settled. No backing out now.

• Forum MVP

Not likely tea. All of the men on my dad's side had their hearts blow out massively. They avoided most of the usual decline of health. Just left early. With my lifestyle, my heart will give out before Metamucil.

Only the good die young.

• Forum MVP

I always said, the brighter the sun the shorter the life:)!!!

When you have kids 2 decades younger telling you about the music, and though what hear from them seems new, you already forgot more about GD then they will ever know or at least remember!!

Who needs metsmuscile when you have dance. Shake that shit out....euhhhhhh

a $0.50 service charge seemed like a rip-off

your mind makes a promise your body can't fill

speedballing anti-inflammatories

your past is but a dream leading up to the present giving you a dreamlike reality of today

• Forum MVP

Used to hang around the phone in the morning after a show to hear what the setlist was from a friend calling long distance from across the country...and, yes, the phone was plugged into a wall

Reminds me of the 1st time I used a cell phone.  We were pulling into the lot at Irvine Meadows April '89 in a friends aunts car.  There was a phone in the car and the aunt had authorized some use, so I called a buddy back east with a pre-show report.  Pretty sure some time passed between then and my second use of a cell phone, whenever that may have been. 

Archived