NBA Playoffs.....

acududeman

• Forum MVP

Last night was a great start to the semi-finals.......very impressed with OKC's fortitude to basically steal game 1 in hostile territory.

I mostly credit Russell Westbrook for the win.....

As for the East, I assume the Cavs are favored. I do, however, predict that Toronto will put up formidable resistance. At least 6 games, if not 7, before it's decided.

Thoughts?

• Forum MVP

Hard to fathom that GM 2 is a must win for the dubs. It's a long series but OKC played like hot garbage and still got the W.

G-State will right the ship.

Cleveland looked like a monster although the Raptors are gassed out. Prolly not a sweep but hard to see this going more than 5.

• Forum MVP

My buddy has been trying to argue that Currys injury has no effect on GS now that he's healthy. No way a month ago, OKC destroys GS in game 3. That team lost its rhythm. OKC was getting like +800 on the money line b4 this series started. Wish I could have that bet. GS may still win but that's some serious odds to win it all down to the final 4.

• Forum MVP

OKC v Toronto for the belt?

NBA execs are tripping - hard. If those 2 are in the Finals, TV ratings for a Honey Boo Boo repeat episode on Wednesday will double the NBA's take.

GS looks like they might just be toast. I'm callin OKC and Cleveland in the Finals.

OKC in 6.

• Forum MVP

OKC v Toronto for the belt?

NBA execs are tripping - hard. If those 2 are in the Finals, TV ratings for a Honey Boo Boo repeat episode on Wednesday will double the NBA's take.

GS looks like they might just be toast. I'm callin OKC and Cleveland in the Finals.

OKC in 6.

What are you talking about. Doesn't Oklahoma City have like the 3rd biggest media market behind New York and LA? And Toronto will bring out that Canadian pride. canada is such a monster market!!! 30 million wilderness people and 1 million city folk. But since 97% of Canadians live off the grid in the Yukon and have only 4:3 ratio TVs with antenna ears I doubt the audience will be huge. Hopefully the OKC market can offset that.

• Forum MVP

Cleveland has a chance to close out on the road - I'll bet that ones goes 7.

DubNation lives to fight another day. If GS wins Game 6 at OKC, then it's awfully tough not to see GS winning in 7.

• Forum MVP

Clay Thompson is a beast! His 4th Q performance rattled OKC and took them out of their game. OKC hit the panic button and played not to lose - gets you beat more often than not.

Hard to see GS losing Gm 7 at home but the playoffs have been really unpredictable.

The Finals should be compelling - for the NBA

• Forum MVP

Game 2 tonight......predictions?

Can the Warriors be stopped?

It would appear not - not by Cleveland anyway. Good game plan to shut down Curry + Thompson. Too bad the GS bench has won by a combined 48 pts over the last 2.

Tough to see this going longer than 5. Irving + Love have just not flipped the switch. Snooze fest of a series so far. Boooooo.

• Forum MVP

A little intrigue now with the Cavs taking game 6 at Oracle. This was made a bit easier with Draymond "Package Blaster" Green's suspension.

I'm rooting for the Cavs but it would be very Cleveland-Esque to force a Game 7 and either get blown out or lose on a buzzer-beater.

If the Cavs win the title, I'll eat my hat.

• Forum MVP

No way the Cavs win.  NBA wanted this series to go further.  James should've been assessed a foul and technical on the play.  If the officials call it accurately, Draymond doesn't retaliate.  Also, he didn't hit Lebron in the genitals.  Have you ever been hit the nuts?  Does his reaction look like someone who just took a shot to the nuts?

Dubs win game 6 in Cleveland.

• Forum MVP

Green called Lebron a " bitch" Lebron responded " Hey man I am a father of 3 children" Green says " You're still a bitch" Thats when it got heated. Of course the NBA is not going to penalize The King. 

I watched Kyrie Irving play high school ball here in bum fucked Jersey, even the you could tell he was destined for the NBA. I think he only played 7 games at Duke. Some of those moves he made last night were just sick. His ball handling looked like Curly Neal's. You prolly have no idea who Curly Neal is Rick......google that shit.

That stepover thing that Lebron did to Green is supposedely some kind of insult in NBA circles. Why, I have no idea. Take care Rickster.  

• Forum MVP

That stepover thing that Lebron did to Green is supposedely some kind of insult in NBA circles. Why, I have no idea. 

This is what I heard:

aid562794-728px-562794-6.jpg

I don't get it either.

Wait.....

• Forum MVP

I inadvertantly bumped into HB on the rugs at the Jubilee, he then head butted me, and kicked me in the nuts. Then he spun away smiling. That mother rugger!

Heard you were issued a 1 show ban. Who's the new commissioner now that chuck retired from fun?

• Forum MVP

The stepover is taunting.  Its penalty in basketball.  Just like taunting is a penalty in football.  

Lebron is a bitch.

Kyrie has been fantastic last few games.  He also struggles on defense and gets caught up in the myth of hero ball.  He clearly destined for the NBA but unless he becomes a true student of the game, he'll never be anywhere near his potential.  Same thing with Russ Westbrook.  

• Forum MVP

Green called Lebron a " bitch" Lebron responded " Hey man I am a father of 3 children" Green says " You're still a bitch" Thats when it got heated. Of course the NBA is not going to penalize The King. 

I watched Kyrie Irving play high school ball here in bum fucked Jersey, even the you could tell he was destined for the NBA. I think he only played 7 games at Duke. Some of those moves he made last night were just sick. His ball handling looked like Curly Neal's. You prolly have no idea who Curly Neal is Rick......google that shit.

That stepover thing that Lebron did to Green is supposedely some kind of insult in NBA circles. Why, I have no idea. Take care Rickster.  

Kyrie played 11 games at Duke.....a mere tease for Duke fans....oh well.

Archived