Don't need love

Saint of circumstance

Visions

Around and around

Black muddy river

First set is missing stuff

• Forum MVP

Visions

Be still my beating heart! I want to know how that one went and did enough people STFU!?!

Looks like an original that would have been played in 1988, save for a couple tunes.

Loved it! For me, it was a beautifully played pretty mellow night.  A lot of highlights for me - Visions, Althea, Push, Might As Well, China Rider..the expressway was jam was awesome! The Don't Need Love was a first for me which I fully enjoyed.  My whole night was made, though, when they did Strange Man.  Truly, it's one of the most beautiful songs ever, and Lisa almost brings me to tears when she sings it.  I get chills! She's a powerhouse! It's something I hope to hear every time I see DSO. I could listen to Lisa Mackey sing Strange Man every single day of my life, and I would never, ever get tired of it.  In fact, I think I would love it more with each passing day. Thank you, Lisa - it was AMAZING!!! And thank you for another great night, DSO:)!

• Forum MVP

Ah can't forget the Dixie...a DSO first for me

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

I'm assuming you're referring to 'Dixie' from The Band on The Last Waltz?  Jerry loved playing that I song and it was awesome every time I heard him do it.

Another quality performance by the crew.  It's awesome the see the band come out and give everything they got, they never seem to be lacking the energy which has to be a grind sometimes.  Some chill spots to the show which was nice in the theater setting.  Lots of padded seats to take a rest during some of the longer ballads.  I always enjoy a Push comes to shove, Might as Well was a good set 1 edner (which was requsted by a fan early on).  If I recall DSO played the Performing Arts center before about 7-8 years ago and I beleive the fire alarm went off at that show too!  Aparently the band is just too hot for that place.  China Rider was on point, Crazy fingers was also very good.  I still can't figure out how someone can remember all the words to Visions of Johanna!  Same with Desolation Row, that would take years to memorize.  Dixie was a real treat, I have heard it live before but mostly other bands, JGB, etc.  Didn't relaize DSO never played it before.  Jeff definitelly nailed it.  Had a great time for a Thurs. (having to work the next day).  The "metal detectors" at the door were a joke & pointless, hopefully they get a way from them going forward.  Lots of vendors insde & out, all in all a Grate night.  Hopefully the boys won't forget us and swing back around next year.  Can't wait for the Grateful Get Down July 29-30!

• Forum MVP

It was really good ;) perhaps getting ready for Melvin? Played at a faster tempo, not like a 76 version (I love these too).

China rider nice feeling groovy segue.

Prefer the '76 tempo but it's still gravy.

I guess the " > " in China > Rider made it decidedly less 1988-ish

after the fire alarm (which I think caused by incense and not weed) there was a green sleeves jam then the jazzy jam before Expressway. 

Up to the fire alarm I thought it was a GD show and Expressway was an audible that took the show off the rails. But I guess it was band's choice show all along. I agree with Delicate Flower that with the exception of few tunes it was close to a 1988. 

this was not really a dance party show, because the tempo was up and down. But when I look back on the selection of songs and the level of playing, I sure have no complaints.

In addition to the whole third quarter China>Rider>Crazy Fingers>Box> Highlights were Expressway, Dixie Down (when Lisa made first appearance), Strange Man (had never heard this..Lisa built it to a great crescendo and crowd was appreciative), Might as Well (cause that's just a great set end burner);  and Visions (which coincidentally I had listened to 3 versions of this week Dylan 66; and the 3/18/95 Spectrum which I saw and 2/21/95 Salt Lake show). Jeff did it justice.

Also special mention for I don't need Love. Not my favorite but RB did a great version.

Salute to the beautiful venue. Security could not have been chiller and was suprised they allowed vending out front. Also fun to see the bluegrass band playing in lobby before the show.

Hey folks...I've been scouring the web for a recording of this, my first DSO show, but I've come up empty-handed.   

Can anyone advise me on approximately when it will be available on Nugs.net and does anyone know if an audience recording exists?

• Forum MVP

Hey folks...I've been scouring the web for a recording of this, my first DSO show, but I've come up empty-handed.

Can anyone advise me on approximately when it will be available on Nugs.net and does anyone know if an audience recording exists?

It's an original show so I'd guess after spring tour finishes it woll be up on nugs.

I'm a little confused by your response, rudedogggg.

Nugs.net posts both DSO "original" and Grateful Dead-setlist shows, and they already have other shows from the spring tour available for download right now.

Nevertheless, does anyone know if an audience recording exists of this show?

Archived