Jubilee #1

Tea

• Forum MVP

Last night... Smoking music never stopped to close the first set. Over the top eyes of the world and morning dew. Long filler with big boss man, I'll take a melody, Franklin's tower.

Pretty amazing night one!

• Forum MVP

The melody was the best song of night. I thought they would never stop!!! Smoking.

I guess I saw this show performed by DSO this year already!!

Raliegh? I was reminded of this by PG as it just sounded fun, with plenty of room to boggie.

Hotter than hell, but it cooled as the night went forward. Good people here, a good group of people here. This community gets bigger and bigger.

The rug show up was the biggest square footage yet. Toward the end, you rug Gower's let others take over. Got a hold your ground:)!! It is a good crowd. Good dancing last night.

I was exhausted by the end of Dew, but that big boss man was Big, and again that Melody was a really good treat.

I hate admit, but it was for sure because of sunburn and a hot jgb, but I was back at the tent by end of Franklins. I get great sound...but I was spent!!!

Over all, a great start even for a double take on a recreation with in 4 months, but I recreationof a recreation is still a awesome recreation!!

Highlights!!! Thanks for giving us extra dance space with no fire dancers. Also nice just have center stage. No distractions from set up of other bands.

Little bit of a cluster with parking, but word says a lot staff did not show up, so venue staff was scrambling!!! We appreciate yalls efforts!!!!

• Forum MVP

It was a recreational recreation of a re-creation. Nothing like having a familiar Space to dance. A re-creation is the ultimate rebirth. a baptism. Can you start afresh ? So for me the filler - the songs after the set made all the difference. I loved the filler for this show after the fantastic arrangement. Truly the mark of a good show like many other things is can it stand the test of time. I experienced this show and loved the place it ended.

I like an echo. It's lmirroring and reflecting. eOnce upon a time my poetry was a Greek's muse. He gave me the name Poetry Girl. His middle name was Echo. Particularly funny because his first name was a variation of his last name.I understand now recalling that 1992 period and see the gifts in a clearer light.

I tip my hat to you , story telling alchemistic DSO.

• Forum MVP

My bad on the repeat of a show date done recently.  When entering in the data on the Raleigh show, i accidentally put 2016 instead of 1987 so when Rob was picking out shows to do, that one didn't come up as one that we had done in a long time.  

The whole time I was playing it, as well as the rest of the band, it felt like good and fresh and none of us realized we had done it recently until it was pointed out here.  My apologies.  We still had fun playing it and I'm sure we played it differently. 

It all rolls into one.

For me Friday was for me the the strongest night of the Jubilee.  The Music Never stopped had strangers hugging strangers.

Cumberland>Estimated>Eyes was an especially jammin' section of the show and the Morning Dew was very powerful.  Jeff slayed everything he played which is basically becoming the norm now.

All three nights were very solid.

• Forum MVP

My bad on the repeat of a show date done recently. When entering in the data on the Raleigh show, i accidentally put 2016 instead of 1987 so when Rob was picking out shows to do, that one didn't come up as one that we had done in a long time.

The whole time I was playing it, as well as the rest of the band, it felt like good and fresh and none of us realized we had done it recently until it was pointed out here. My apologies. We still had fun playing it and I'm sure we played it differently.

It all rolls into one.

I was at both shows and I had no clue it was the same. I know that music never was completely different.

• Forum MVP

Ha, thats kinda funny Dino! Sorry I missed you this weekend!

My last show was Raleigh so this was a first! The same show, 2 DSO shows in a row!! And, I didnt even know, or care :)

Its all about the music!

Safe Travels Dino!

Same here CD. Caught Charlotte after Raleigh, so had a show in between. And I too, didn't know, didn't care. Hey Dino, there's a handful of special set lists out there, but I come to hear you guys play this music live. My general preference is the early stuff, but the live music experience can only be satiated by live music. It's the only way to feel it course through your body.

Ps: if you play that show again in black mountain you guys are gonna have to burn an instrument or something....

Went back and listened to the recordings of this night (as well as the following).  It was no illusion or consequence of how great I was feeling at the moment - the band was just absolutely killing it!  What a great weekend of music!

I am always surprised by how the vocals sound when I listen to DSO recordings.  When seeing DSO live, Eaton sounds just like Bobby to me and Jeff, though he never really sounds like Jerry, sounds close enough for me not to notice too much while dancing around.  However when I listen to the recordings I pick up on the vocal differences quite a bit.  When harmonizing, the vocals are pretty close to GD.

Jerry is a tough vocal role to mimic because of the extraordinarily unique sound of his voice.  Jeff sings with so much passion and that really helps make me appreciate his vocals as his own vs him trying to mimic Jerry.  In Buffalo, Jeff slayed the vocals during the Dylan tribute, especially Positively 4th Street.

Archived